And yes, ya'll are very welcome for me returning to pad your vics and ktd ratios lol!   :facepalm:  Ex-military (if there is such a thing!) from the 82nd...perhaps the fun driving virtual tanks stems from years relying on LPC's to get me everywhere (Leather Personnel Carriers --> some called 'em boots).  History major in school and loved reading about Patton, Rommel and Guderian; also did a bit of time as a commercial pilot, so as soon as I get busy and get my hotas mapped I'll be flying in-game as well as.  Looking forward to it (great lesson -->  when in doubt, aim for the sky.  No one's hit it yet!)

Left WoTs about 3-4 years ago and jumped into WT...really enjoyed it.  Real life happens though, and stepped away from pc gaming for a bit until my business sold, then Mr. Covid hit and I decided to jump in with both feet again with the copious free time added to the schedule.  Upgraded the ol' PC to a new m/b, processor (10920x), gpu (2080 super), 32 gb of ddr 4, some NVMe SSDs, curved Sceptre LED...ect.

Previously, I had focused primarily on a single nation for the ground game and hit a pretty solid wall facing better and better opponents with my afvs that weren't geared up and crews lacking in skills.  This time I started again with a new account and a desire to 'get gud'...watched videos from old-schoolers like NuSensei, Oxy and others and stayed away from grabbing new gear as it was researched.  Plus, playing other countries rather than focusing on a single favorite really helped me understand where to shoot and strengths/weaknesses of my ride and the red guys.  Nothing like getting shot in the face a few times to teach one that a bit of skill can bring your own luck, lol!  "Sweat saves blood!" (E. Rommel)

So now I've been awarded nifty new achievements like 100 vics in rank I, King of the Hill, Dead Weight (yah...you would have laughed at my "WTF!  I got seven kills in that ride" comment when received that award at the end of a match).  I don't bail after I'm killed...I fight to the end regardless.  I even highly suggest spectating at the end; great fun seeing that I'm not the only one to find a trench in my tank or slide down a mountain side to the welcoming embrace of some inconvenient rock pile placed just for ID-10ts like me.  (We won't talk about getting bumped off a bridge to learn swimming surrounded by tons of steel...insert Homer moment).

So, snappy <S!> to all and looking forward to meeting ya!    

~War~

Edited by Warspawn
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Warspawn said:

Previously, I had focused primarily on a single nation for the ground game and hit a pretty solid wall facing better and better opponents with my afvs that weren't geared up and crews lacking in skills.  This time I started again with a new account and a desire to 'get gud'...watched videos from old-schoolers like NuSensei, Oxy and others and stayed away from grabbing new gear as it was researched.  Plus, playing other countries rather than focusing on a single favorite really helped me understand where to shoot and strengths/weaknesses of my ride and the red guys.  Nothing like getting shot in the face a few times to teach one that a bit of skill can bring your own luck, lol!  "Sweat saves blood!" (E. Rommel)

Welcome back! I agree wholeheartedly with this strategy. Yeah it takes a lot of time, but really helps out with understanding and learning each nations vehicles strengths and weaknesses. The game experience, crew skill and more vehicles to fill a lineup are much needed when you do start reaching the higher BR's. 

Best of luck to you. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal