3 hours ago, Trotrodor said:

Good thing that the GR 1 is 10.0

Could you remove the A7 airspawn ? or move it to 10.0 too

now the other Harrier should be 10.0 too

WOOOOAHHHHH buddy, let's not get carried away. I play the TT Harrier (the GR. 3), and it DOES NOT belong at 10.0 in my opinion. It's nearly identical to the AV-8C for the US, and both are balanced aircraft IMO. The GR. 1 at 10.0 is great, but moving the GR. 3 to 10.0 "just because it's a harrier", would be ruining the planes ability to perform at the level it needs to, for it to be competitive. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Stona said:
  • Harrier GR.1 — BR for all game modes has been changed from 9.7 to 10.0.
  • A-7D - BR for all game modes has been changed from 9.3 to 9.7.

VERY GOOD MOVE. However I believe the Harrier GR.3 and both AV-8s should also be at Battle Rating 10.0 because of their insane flight performance, which makes them completely superior to almost every subsonic jet fighter that does not have any (good) missiles.
Examples of said jet fighters can be the Hawker Hunter F.1, MiG-17, MiG-15Bis, G.91Rs, F-86Fs, F-86A-5, CL-13s, A32A, Etendard IVM, Scimitar F Mk.1, Swift F.7, F-84F, FJ-4B, and even the Me-163 B-0!

• Sad 1
medal medal

5 hours ago, Kuky_HR said:

Finally  GR1 not making ham out of 8,7, but will will see. Could be it needs to go in 10.3 maybe

While I understand where you're coming from, that won't matter unless we get BR decompression. 95/100 times it's just gonna get Hoovered up to 10.7 either way with Phantoms, Migs, and Mirages. This is not a place the Harrier will thrive. They fixed 8.7 now but basically just broke the GR1. 

And I don't own one so it's not like I'm a sour grapes customer.

• Upvote 1
medal medal

3 hours ago, Shrike142 said:

So by your own logic, the GR.1 being the worst airframe by a country mile and no countermeasures, warrants a higher BR than the others because....?

Because of the weapon platform it has that is unique to that and only that variant that makes it far more potent than any other. SRAAM.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

Talking RB.

The A-7D Is good at everything it does and it does alot !!! Still, BR 9.7.
All this really makes no sense to me, specially since the GR.1 is kind of a "one trick poney" and a premium wich people have purchased at it's original BR 9.3, then BR 9.7 ( it belongs there )  and now BR 10.0. The GR1 is not the fastest, not very maneuverable, not a good bomber, It had just good climbing rate and sraams and now, at BR 10.0 it has NOTHING LEFT, it is a no trucks poney and a expensive ONE !!!
 What are the chances of me purchasing a premium vehicle anytime soon ? Zero. There is no way to be sure what gaijin will do with the PRODUCT you have PAID for. I've seen that been done to the BV-238 and now I see the harrier GR.1 getting the same treatment. If you want to balance a premium vehicle ( product ) AFTER people have purchased it, at least spend some time thinking about what you should do to make everybody happy, not this nonsense "balance". I purchased my GR.1 6 days ago and I am definitely not going to stay passive with this product change .

Edited by virpz
medal

let me see if i understand....

harrier gr1 with no flares, no radar warning, sub sonic, no combat flaps goes to 10.0

Jaguar A has 10.7 missiles, supersonic, combat flaps, stays at 10.0

yak 38 has 10.7 missiles stays at 9.3

yak38M has 10.7 missiles, stays at 9.7

G91 R/4 has 4 guided missiles stays at 8.7

no i dont understand.... Gaijin please let me understand...

• Thanks 1

Another question,

now that the Harrier is 10.0

will you reduce the repair cost?

you raised it to 17.2k at 9.7 due to its performance.

now that it is almost always outclassed, how about bringing the repair cost back down?

• Upvote 1
medal medal

You forgot the G.91 R3 and R4. They desperately need a higher BR or higher spawnpoint cost for ground RB. I thought you're working with statistics.

Your statistics should show you how G.91s are killing absolutely everything on the ground while SPAAs have trouble even getting a lock on them.

I would suggest separate BRs for planes in Ground RB vs Air RB but what do I know... I just know that 90% of my deaths in Ground RB are due to G.91s.

medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Smin1080p said:

potent than any other

Potent if a Mig21/Phantom/Whatever 10.7 plane manages to stay on the 12 of a Harrier for a longer time, being slow and within a kilometer. 
In other words: Not that intelligent gameplay. In 10.X battles, Aim9 Gs, Js, Es and the like are more potent than Sraams just because of how the meta is. 

You will start to see in your stats starting today an extreme shift of the GR.1. Going from killing everything (not because the Sraams are so good but because players refused to learn how to avoid them) to 
being slaughtered by Mig21s and the like. At least in RB. 
A very unwelcome change. Would have been better to introduce BR 11.0 and leave the GR.1 where it was. 

Edited by SpicysaucedHD
  • Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Smin1080p said:

Because of the weapon platform it has that is unique to that and only that variant that makes it far more potent than any other. SRAAM.

But why give the GR.1 SRAAMs to begin with? AIM-9Gs on the GR.1 would have arguably been a better choice since it would them be equivalent to the GR.3 but with a worse engine and no flares.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 hours ago, Shrike142 said:

So by your own logic, the GR.1 being the worst airframe by a country mile and no countermeasures, warrants a higher BR than the others because....

Have you even used SRAAMs at all on either the F6 or the GR1? I assume not because just like the Hunter F6 when it was originally 9.3 then moved 9.7 with SRAAMs and eventually 10.0 I recall it had the highest KDR even beating out top tier Jets even though the airframe (Hunter) was basically a Hunter F1 which is a 9.0 airframe...... weapons can make or break how a Jet performs and just like the GR1, it was stupidly good at 9.7, and even in up tiers you can still get 2+ kills because SRAAMs. dont know how many up tiers ive had in the GR1 and still clapped Mig21's and yes this includes Mig21bis's 

Jets performance isnt "just" about the airframe when you have literally the best tracking missiles in the game by a long shot. I still think SRAAMs should be removed from the game as it only effects 2 Jets and balance wise creates less of an issue. 

Edited by TheCloop123
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, Smin1080p said:

Without the sraams the plane is garbage that’s just unfair for intelligent gr1 players that know this was perfectly fine at 9.7. 10.0 with a repair of 17k silver is not fair is one of the most usless premium planes now. The hunter has a better top speed and hold more energy in a turn. Anything subsonic should not be 10.0 what are they supposed to do catch SuperSonics 

• Thanks 1
medal medal

Ok then. GR1 to 10.0 I can accept because of balance and the health of the game. Just accept that most likely I will be much more cautious in purchasing a premium aircraft in the future if at all. I don't have $60 to throw away at planes that play musical BRs. Congrats Gaijin...you got me this time. Last time though.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

As someone who had gotten the Harrier GR1 to use it primarily as a ground pounder in ground RB its a huge disappointment that the plane I payed $60 for can now not be used in the lineup I intended to use it in (my 9.7 Brit Ground RB lineup) 

I understand people from 9.3 and 8.7's anguish and anger about the Harrier existing at a BR where they can fight it. But with its now insane repair cost and lack of counter measures its been thrust into the land of the Super sonic. With radar guided missiles galor. It will flounder and die at the BR to become another forgotten plane that everyone shuns cause its garbage, this is a BR compression issue. Its plane to see it, .3 higher its useless. .3 lower, its broken

• Thanks 1
medal medal

A7-D moving to 9.7 was a dumb change, it was fine at 9.3, basically this update condemned all those jets to be at 10.7.

We should have a better system of moving BRs on vehicles rather than looking at 'stats'.

Played the A7-D long enough to notice it does terrible in 10.7 games, had friends up-tier me on purpose in 10.7 games for a while to see how it performs, it does horrible, it's like sticking a B29 in a Super Sonic Jet match, fine 9.7 is okay for ground battles, but in air? 9.3 was perfect. It's just like the F89B, it's only moved up a Br because of the guns for ground RB, it doesn't do well in air RB.

Instead of moving stuff, there should be more feeedback and actual looking into things rather than, "this has high k/d lets move it" we all know how it goes, and it was said many times stuff gets moved based on stats. It's the F11 all over again, fun jet, well placed, allot of people play it so it get's br changed and nerfed into the ground to where people just stop paying it. A7-D wasnt even out for long and aleady moved BR. 

If you are gonna move the A7-D and Harrier (I hate that thing but still) , move the already 10.7 jets to 11.0 then, you're compressing the air battles too much, this is very frustrating.

Things to move since you compressed top jets, move all these to 11.0, OR bring back the 9.7 cap, we all know it was there, countless videos and experiments proved it.

USA
F-4C 			10.7 -> 11.0
F-4E 			10.7 -> 11.0

Germany
MiG-21MF 		10.7 -> 11.0

USSR
MiG-21SMT 		10.7 -> 11.0
MiG-21bis 		10.7 -> 11.0

Great Britain
Phantom FGR.2 		10.7 -> 11.0
Phantom FGR.1 		10.7 -> 11.0
Jaguar GR.1 		10.0 -> 11.0

Japan
F-4EJ Phantom II 	10.7 -> 11.0
F-1 			10.3 -> 11.0

China
F-104G 			10.7 -> 11.0

France
Mirage IIIC 		10.7 -> 11.0
Jaguar A 		10.0 -> 11.0

Sweden
J35D 			10.7 -> 11.0

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 12
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Gawr_Gura said:

A7-D moving to 9.7 was a dumb change, it was fine at 9.3, basically this update condemned all those jets to be at 10.7.

We should have a better system of moving BRs on vehicles rather than looking at 'stats'.

Played the A7-D long enough to notice it does terrible in 10.7 games, had friends up-tier me on purpose in 10.7 games for a while to see how it performs, it does horrible, it's like sticking a B29 in a Super Sonic Jet match, fine 9.7 is okay for ground battles, but in air? 9.3 was perfect. It's just like the F89B, it's only moved up a Br because of the guns for ground RB, it doesn't do well in air RB.

Instead of moving stuff, there should be more feeedback and actual looking into things rather than, "this has high k/d lets move it" we all know how it goes, and it was said many times stuff gets moved based on stats. It's the F11 all over again, fun jet, well placed, allot of people play it so it get's br changed and nerfed into the ground to where people just stop paying it. A7-D wasnt even out for long and aleady moved BR. 

If you are gonna move the A7-D and Harrier (I hate that thing but still) , move the already 10.7 jets to 11.0 then, you're compressing the air battles too much, this is very frustrating.

Things to move since you compressed top jets, move all these to 11.0, OR bring back the 9.7 cap, we all know it was there, countless videos and experiments proved it.

USA
F-4C 			10.7 -> 11.0
F-4E 			10.7 -> 11.0

Germany
MiG-21MF 		10.7 -> 11.0

USSR
MiG-21SMT 		10.7 -> 11.0
MiG-21bis 		10.7 -> 11.0

Great Britain
Phantom FGR.2 		10.7 -> 11.0
Phantom FGR.1 		10.7 -> 11.0
Jaguar GR.1 		10.0 -> 11.0

Japan
F-4EJ Phantom II 	10.7 -> 11.0
F-1 			10.3 -> 11.0

China
F-104G 			10.7 -> 11.0

France
Mirage IIIC 		10.7 -> 11.0
Jaguar A 		10.0 -> 11.0

Sweden
J35D 			10.7 -> 11.0

A-7 is like the jaguars. They're all ground pounder and therefore should all be useless in air to air department but I guess that some have trouble to understand that their fetish plane (which was op in it's current state) shouldn't be the best.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

11 hours ago, efetenekeci said:

Still think 9.3 is too low for that vehicle. It has AIM-9Gs while its opponents on 9.3 only have AIM-9Bs and its soviet copy.

Assuming you haven't used both those missiles or at least not aim 9 Gs coming from a person who has used both I hate aim 9 Gs in my opinion they are absolute garbage with no pull that even a gr1-3 with a 40 second turn time can evade the missile last second. i see myself getting more gun kills than with missiles. the only kills i get with those things are against people who aren't paying attention. and when i use aim 9 Bs i usually get kills with all of em, they can pull some crazy **** when you fire them. if you wanna see for yourself test fly the harrier with the Gs and then test fly the sabre or g91 with Bs and look at the difference in that circle. also flares are a major aspect when it comes to a vehicles br your basically missile proof if you do it right that's why the gr1 gr3 and av8c excel and the av8a isn't 9.7, also if you ever been in a fight or used the harrier you would know that it performs like a bus much like the A7 and gets absolutely eaten up by swifts, hunters, shenyangs, and packs of mig 17s. not to mention how hard it is to dodge an sramm especially when you in one of those.. in conclusion a letter that's later in the abc's doesn't means its better and flares are amazing in the hands of people who aren't spitfire to instantly gr1 players

medal

1 hour ago, Gawr_Gura said:

A7-D moving to 9.7 was a dumb change, it was fine at 9.3,

Honestly, This is a really delusional take, It absolutely was not fine at 9.3.

It has an attacker spawn which means it always has an energy advantage and is basically over the other teams runway before theyve even gained altitude, Its one of the only planes at its BR which has access to flares so the 8.3-8.7 missiles dont stand a chance of killing it with their early rubbish missiles, And unlike say the buccaneer doesn't have to sacrifice payload in exchange for flare pods, It has the best aircraft cannons in game, they hit like a truck, fly at orbital velocity and can reach further than just about any other bullet, It has one of the biggest payloads at the BR, Second only to buccaneer i believe, And as if all this wasn't a big enough advantage over everything at 8.3-9.3, it also gets access to the Aim9J, A 10.7 missile with the same Overload as an SRAAM yet many multiple times the range. Its honestly amazing to me how SRAAM at 9.7 has such a hideous reputation, But all these A7 players are deluding themselves into thinking the 9J, An objectively better missile in almost every single way is fine being pitted against 8.3-9.3 aircraft, Almost none of which have access to flares and few of them are actually even capable of breaking the lock by turning without shearing their wings off in the process.

The A7 Clearly belongs at 9.7. And as you said, The current 10.7's need moving up to 11.0 to give some desperately needed breathing room as right now the entirety of 8.3-10.0 is just a huge powercrept mess.

Edited by TheAceOfAces
  • Thanks 2
medal

Honestly alot of the problems being faced right now are due to br compression. The gr.1 is now gonna suffer at 10.0 because it doesnt get flares. Can no longer stay at altitude because aam-ram are gonna shoot it out of the sky, anything with a 20+g rocket is going to kill it because it can't missile break or perform a hard enough turn to break it. Not to mention its facing mach jets all the time now unlesss it recievees a 9.0 downtier. Like honestly the gr.1 now is now then highest vtol engine with yes the best rockets in short range, but useless at long range missilees. I remember you guys making a video on the best rockets in the game, and yet youve kept the yak-38 at 9.3. Honestly it feels like now for buying a good premium im being punished and forced to not use this aircraft. Every patch has been a nerf be it br climbing or sl cost. the refusal to add radar warning and flares, when  clearly the cockpit shows a flare box. But now all an enemy has to do is fly straight and you literally can;t kill it because he can out run your missiles. Such a sad fate for the gr.1 and the 80$ it cost me to get it

• Thanks 1