harrier_gr1_05_1280h720_b01f6245428fde27

• Harrier GR.1 — BR for all game modes has been changed from 9.7 to 10.0.
  • Q-5A — BR for Arcade Battles has been changed from 10.0 to 10.3.
  • Buccaneer S.2 — BR for Arcade Battles has been changed from 9.3 to 9.7.
  • A-7D - BR for all game modes has been changed from 9.3 to 9.7.

The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 12
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4
  • Upvote 4

Harrier GR.1 going up in BR is good, it's now where it belongs.

A-7D going from 9.3 to 9.7 is a step in the right direction, although, compared to other attackers at that BR it's still going to be just as powerful in down-tiers. The only disadvantage it has over the Jaguar (Which is 10.0) is speed. It has a greater payload, better missiles, flares and better armament. So I'd expect to see it at 10.0 eventually.

As for the Buccaneer, quite a disappointing change, I can't comment on how it performs in AB so I'll leave the decision with Gaijin on the BR increase.

However, I was expecting to see a down-tier to 9.0 and a repair cost decrease in RB.
It doesn't perform terribly at 9.3, however due to the nature of the aircraft it's basically a sitting duck if anyone wants to kill you.

This is compounded by the fact that it has a spaded 16,500 silver lion repair cost.
Having this repair cost on a plane that possesses extremely limited, but most of the time, zero air-to-air capability means that playing the Buccaneer is always going to result in a loss of sliver lions.

Due to the bomber reward nerfs, bombing two bases doesn't even cover the repair cost of the Buccaneer. In-fact, you would have to bomb 4 bases, which means you would have to land and re-arm and then bomb another 2 bases, just to make up the repair cost.

If you attempt to supplement this by taking air-to-air missiles and trying to kill air targets, your bombing capability is limited to destroying just 1 base, and the chances of getting an air-to-air kill are extremely limited, so this isn't a viable way of making up the repair cost either.

I'd hope that in the very near future the Buccaneer will see a SIGNIFICANT repair cost decrease, considering that the A-7D is currently a far more versatile plane with a repair cost of 6900 silver lions, less than half of what the Buccaneer costs. Despite having an identical TNT equivalent bomb payload, on top of that coming equipped with a 20mm rotary cannon as well as, arguably, two of the best air-to-air missiles in the game.

Edited by Oscar_Muffin
  • Upvote 10
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Good thing that the GR 1 is 10.0

Could you remove the A7 airspawn ? or move it to 10.0 too

now the other Harrier should be 10.0 too

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

14 minutes ago, efetenekeci said:

Why did the AV-8A left at 9.3? The AV-8C is 9.7 and they are the same aircraft with same missiles?

They are not the same. AV-8C is an upgrade of AV-8A, has an improved engine and upgrades such as flares. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Smin1080p said:

They are not the same. AV-8C is an upgrade of AV-8A, has an improved engine and upgrades such as flares. 

Still think 9.3 is too low for that vehicle. It has AIM-9Gs while its opponents on 9.3 only have AIM-9Bs and its soviet copy.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3
medal

10 minutes ago, Trotrodor said:

now the other Harrier should be 10.0 too

I think not, the problem was actually the gr1, not the gr3 or the other planes

or put a 11.0 br and increase the gr3 to 10.0 and the gr1 to 10.3

but the gr3 or the av8s werent the problem

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

Most of the changes are cool. But the move of the SRAAM-Harrier to 10.0 isn't. Like all other Harriers are still on 9.7 and 9.3, which just isn't fair.
Without flares it will get destroyed in uprankes. (which will happen most of the time)
You are slower than MiGs. What is the worth of the missles, when you cant shoot them because you aren't even able to come near your enemys.
GG

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 1
medal

I don't get why the Q-5A needs to go up? Whats it got going for it that makes it 10.3? No AAMs and the guns aren't that amazing. No guided AGMs either. Even if it had to go up it could wait until the normal BR adjustment cycle.

The Buccaneer doesn't really need to go up, I haven't seen those doing amazing. Another one that could wait till the next BR cycle.

GR1 and A-7D changes make perfect sense. I can see why these needed to be an out of cycle change.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Unfortunately I think this uptiering is the typical Gaijin response to an initially overperforming vehicle. 

The BR has gone up twice, the repair costs have skyrocketed, all while more and more teams have been able to adapt to deal with the GR.1. If it follows the standard pattern (and it has so far) it will probably be left untouched at a bad BR and with a bad repair cost long after its effectiveness has waned away. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Smin1080p said:

So by your own logic, the GR.1 being the worst airframe by a country mile and no countermeasures, warrants a higher BR than the others because....?

Ah yes, the missiles that are useless in an uptier and dogshit flight performance even compared to 8.7s

You can't even use it for CAS now, literally the only thing the GR.1 was designed for and good at

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Flew the GR1 out at the new BR and there seems to be a bug with the thrust vectoring. It resets to 50% by default. Spent 10 minutes in a test flight trying different setting with no luck. Very frustrating.

All in all good changes other than the Buccaneer. I cant understand why the Buccaneer has a higher repair cost than the A7. Seeing as they were both introduced at the same BR, on the same patch, both attackers with no player data to pull from. Seemed to me these repair costs were pulled out of a hat.

A-7 Should be still on 9.3 because that plane is still flammable massive cow with good loadout  of bomb and missiles. aim-9l is still bit worse than r-60 rocket from Yak-38 and yak-38 is still on BR 9.3. Still yak has higher killing potential provided by its speed and missile advantage so if yak is 9.3 A-7 should be at 9.3 as well 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
medal

Both GR1 to 10.0 and A7D to 9.7 in RB are very welcome changes. It was painfully obvious 8.3-8.7 aircraft had absolutely no business fighting SRAAMs and Aim9J's and i have to say i'm rather concerned that this wasn't considered before they were added, Hunter F6 already showed SRAAM's dont belong below 10.0, And the 9J is one of the best missiles at 10.7. I'm glad its been amended now but its this sort of additions that completely suck the fun out of the game for months whilst entire ranks feel unplayable to new - blatantly overperforming / under BR'd toys and really needs to be more carefully done in the future.

I really hope you adressing these two aircraft, and even how you removed the 9J's from the SAAB105 before it hit live is the start of more thoughtful and careful balancing of jet gameplay and i really welcome that.

Next up on the road of repairing the damage over performing premiums : Find some way to balance the Ka50 spam in Heli EC. The game mode has been unplayable in anything other than a Ka50/52 for over a year now.

Cheers.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
medal

Thank you! I think 9.7 is a fair Battle rating. Many players I spoke to were going to purchase Golden Eagles to upgrade the components on patch day. Unfortunately they knew 9.3 was too low of a B.R. and did not want to spend money knowing full well it would be raised in the near future. They were frustrated that the A7-D's B.R. wasn't correct on patch day. I told them there was no possible way anyone could have predicted how the jet would perform in battle but they were unconvinced. We agreed to disagree.

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal