Despite the New Engine, the Game Looks Horrible

2 hours ago, kkang2828 said:

My main problem are the new effects(explosions, rockets, splashes, etc). They look very rough and pixelated even at close range. They didn't look like that before New Power. It really makes the game look bad. 

I've been looking around for screenshots and videos, and some people seem to have the same issues while others do not. Does anyone know how to fix this? Which graphics setting do I need to tweak?

Might be SSAA

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 31/12/2020 at 14:33, [email protected] said:

Changing a game engine this late in development can and has sunk games and companies in the past - the recent "Overkill's The Walking Dead" comes to mind.

This is a ludicrous claim.  You don't get sunk by getting free stuff.  You get sunk by being bad at your job.

Edited by Sertica
medal

1 hour ago, Sertica said:

This is a ludicrous claim.  You don't get sunk by getting free stuff.  You get sunk by being bad at your job.

How is it a ludicrous claim? Time is money, people dont work for free and game development is costly.

The end goal of game development is to make a game, sell it and make a profit.

Just because you use a free engine its not guarantied a good game or even a functional one at that.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

11 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

How is it a ludicrous claim? Time is money, people dont work for free and game development is costly.

Just because you use a free engine its not guarantied a good game or even a functional one at that.

Especially if that free engine is old and has not been updated to cope with modern graphic capabilities and very very pertinent if that free engine simply has not the capability for the hype that the company generated for the graphics in its game. A lot of companies have used beautiful adverts not using the engine that will be used for the game ,with the small disclaimer that this is not actual gameplay footage and some have even forgone that and they have been called out and rightly burned for that.

Graphics on WT are fairly old and stale (just like the gameplay and business model), the actual effort put into the vehicles is very good as stand alone items but when added to the rest of the lacklustre items it degrades the whole.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

This engine is looking like using spriteFx and giifs for ingame-horror graphic with maximum settings.

PLEASE FIX IT!!!!

CLICK the pictures with the fire and then you will see...

Rockets also looks like 4 pixel grapic.

2021.03.01-20.12_01 (2).png

2021.03.01-20.13 (2).png

Edited by silenthunter44
medal

On 27/02/2021 at 10:57, [email protected] said:

The claim is that is using Unreal caused the studio to get cancelled.  If you get cancelled by a publisher, it is not because you decided to use the best game engine in the world.  It is because you lost their confidence.  A common surefire way to do that is try to write your own engine in the first place.  I'm a programmer that has done some work on components for one.  It's highly misleading to suggest that converting asset format or learning how to use the tools for one is significant compared to that.

medal

Since New Power patch. Every time I chase a smoking plane, my usually steady 70+ framerate drops down to below 20, if not worse (not long ago WT was running at 100fps for me, so the recent patches have generally kneecapped the performance). It's seriously detrimental to gameplay as the sudden drop in framerate makes aiming ridiculously difficult.

medal medal medal medal medal

• 1 month later...
On 31/12/2020 at 09:56, MathMilitary said:

This game a need a new graphic engine. The dagor is very bad. Global illumination is very bad. The optimisation is bad for 2020 graphic engine. 

Please, use Unreal Engine. 

I wouldn't say the Dagor game engine is bad, It has very good qualities in graphics, physics and is custom made by Gaijin. There are more game engines and a switch to the unreal engine would certainly help the game a lot in terms of graphics and performance. But, it may also reduce overall game capabilities that Gaijin has included with their own engine. Instead they should try to incorporate Unreal engine's Graphical output and sync it with their own engine to increase the graphical ability of the game.

I have a recurrent problem with Dagor 6.0 that is the ghosting some shadows cast in some models, it's like there are multiple mirrors of the Ambient Occlusion shadows and sometimes, it looks like it's the entire plane model ghosting on itself, if you want to know what i'm talking about, pick a Phantom (one of the easiest planes to spot it) and fly in test drive, just use C to check the belly of the plane mid-fly nad voilá, all shadows bugged/ghosting. Other easily plane to spot this is the Swedish B18B, its like the plane model is repeated 10x all along the plane fuselage with different coordinates but centered in the midline, really annoying, and i've noticed it's more prominent in some specific maps (or maybe weather conditions) but sunny Malta is 100% certain the bug will be present.

medal medal

10 hours ago, RBadek said:

I have a recurrent problem with Dagor 6.0 that is the ghosting some shadows cast in some models, it's like there are multiple mirrors of the Ambient Occlusion shadows and sometimes, it looks like it's the entire plane model ghosting on itself, if you want to know what i'm talking about, pick a Phantom (one of the easiest planes to spot it) and fly in test drive, just use C to check the belly of the plane mid-fly nad voilá, all shadows bugged/ghosting. Other easily plane to spot this is the Swedish B18B, its like the plane model is repeated 10x all along the plane fuselage with different coordinates but centered in the midline, really annoying, and i've noticed it's more prominent in some specific maps (or maybe weather conditions) but sunny Malta is 100% certain the bug will be present.

Best regards,

Phil

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal