Despite the New Engine, the Game Looks Horrible

9 minutes ago, Leelareso said:

yes you can, stop support old technology. Like microsoft win 7

I wonder how many players still have hardware insufficient for a hypothetical graphical update.  New Power was somewhat of a detriment to some players already, just adding to the count of players who would be unable to run War Thunder with reasonable performance if this terrain update happens.  I can only speculate.

10 minutes ago, Leelareso said:

yes you can, stop support old technology. Like microsoft win 7

Again, that's not what I am saying.

Old consoles don't support new graphical standards.

Take my old 1080p SDR TV, I cant expect it to display HDR content, its hardware does not support that technology, its incompatible with the device.

I need to have an HDR compatible TV to display HDR content.

Same goes with modern graphics. You can't have modern graphical standards on a console from 2013. it wont run.

If war thunder is to get with the times then Gaijin needs to drop last gen support.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Just now, Leelareso said:

This is what I am talking about, supporting old technology is pointless and this consoles are 7-8 years old

And that is the point I've been trying to make here, as long as Gaijin supports the last generation consoles you can't expect them to make leaps and bounds with the graphical fidelity of the game.

All versions of the game work in tandem, they can cross play with each other and must as such display the same things.

They can't implement new graphical features that impacts gameplay and only have it display on one version of the game, that would give one version an advantage over the other.

Take the new clouds for example.

1812817053_cloudsoldvsnew.thumb.jpg.6bc3

Imagine if they were exclusive to the PC and next gen- but the PS4 and Xbox one still rendered the old clouds.

Then the PS4/XONE players would see the top scene and PC players would see the bottom.

PC players would have the nicer graphics, but they would be at a disadvantage by not seeing as clearly.

Where PC players would have clouds blocking their visibility; the console players might have nothing at all, giving them clear line of sight.

PC players hiding in clouds thinking they are invisible to other players would be fully visible to console players since their version doesn't render the same fidelity of clouds.

That is the reason why they can't implement new things without making sure they work on the last generation - if it doesn't, then the feature is dropped.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

27 minutes ago, Leelareso said:

people buy a new smartphone every month for $ 300, but to buy once every 7 consoles is not it ???

That logic makes no sense.

Let's just replace a couple nouns in your sentence.

people buy a new island every month for millions, but to buy once every 7 houses is not it?

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Leelareso said:

people buy a new smartphone every month for $ 300, but to buy once every 7  years consoles is not it ???

There are also enough people who can buy a new phone every 5 years with the money they put aside. 

I have a very competent system. I play Hell let Loose on high graphics settings but in War Thunder I still get problems with massive FPS drops. Which is incomprehensible. 

In WT you would need a clear gradation of the graphics settings so you could also introduce a better graphics. 

+ There should be the possibility to turn off new effects etc. without having to put the graphics down. 

In addition, there are also the servers. I have found the worse the pinge the worse the FPS makes no sense but is so. 

And the houses don't change when you introduce better graphics. Maps would simply have to be reworked. 

Edited by GermanLMG
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Doesn't change the fact that the game is still being developed for PS4 and Xbox one.

Not really. The game is an absolute mess on consoles since Hot Tracks. Put simply, the developer has no idea how to optimize the game for consoles and is unwilling to acknowledge and accept their shortcomings. 

There are far more elaborate, graphical and resource intensive games on consoles that run and look light years better than the current build of WT. Not to mention the game uses about three different affirmation buttons in the UI. It's laughably, amateurishly bad.

Edited by [email protected]
medal medal

I think based on everything being put out, it makes more sense to work on optimizing the game more.  I don't know how that would work out, but it's long overdue.  We already have New Power and Hot Tracks, which I'm just going to enjoy until the next update.  With those being primarily graphical updates, I would expect Gaijin to start working on literally anything else again or realize how crunching these are for a good deal of players and focus on optimization.

Edit: clarity

Edited by False_Swiss
clarity

On 28/12/2020 at 22:20, RearAdmiralCake said:

The biggest one, which is driving me and a lot of other players insane, is textures refusing to load.

This happens extremely rarely for me. Ever since the New Power update I had it for the first two weeks then a patch came out and it was fixed.

On 29/12/2020 at 03:12, qpranger said:

Ignore stone textures and rock shapes.

This is true. The rock walls that are destructible are very low poly and 2-D until you shoot them or run into them then they look 3-D.

On 28/12/2020 at 20:20, RearAdmiralCake said:

is textures refusing to load.

What really makes me angry is vaseline terrain that refuses to load.

The game currently has performance issues anyway. Since the new engine update CPU load goes over the top in some situations, resulting in freezing my game for several seconds. It didn't happen before apart from the time when Gaijin introduced collapsing buildings where advance to the rhine was awful in this regard.

Mostly happens when gaijin physics occur like buildings collaps or plane crashes or whatsoever.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 29/12/2020 at 15:04, PointyPuffin said:

The graphical bugs I have now were around for at least half a year, like ghosting shadows, random downscaling of texture quality, etc...AFAIK, they have all been reported... 

The down scaling of all game textures pisses me the most, i have 1060 6 Gig and can run most titles on med to high settings perfectly but Warthunder on the other hand just downscales everything in the environment giving me those jagged edges on everything, meshes like fences look like crap and on top of that FXAA and TAA just make everything blurry in the name of anti aliasing making everything look worse. Why not give us options to use MSAA or CSAA. It just puts me off to play like this, this game used to run beautifully before, now the only fix i have found is to manually change the backgroundscale at 1.5x instead of 1.0x by editing the config.blk file but doing  that takes away a huge chunk of my frames. I tried DSR but it doesn't make much of a difference. 

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal

To me the game looks ultrareallistic and runs smoothly on a 2008's intel's quad core and a 3 GB grpahic card. The only issue I have had are some intermitent crashes when playing on the linux version so I had to switch to windows 10 when I want to play.

medal

2 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Some times this game is an absolute eyesore, what is this even supposed to be?

Looks like someone went around and rubbed everything down with vaselin.

vaselin.jpg

Looks like how grass/plants look on a sunny morning after freezing rain, which happens like maybe once a year. As a wet ground shader, it's not quite working. 

Also, this happened to me last night. Getting a lot of super-low-res textures on Pz.IV-based vehicles, and then whatever weirdness happened here just west of the SE spawn on Fire Arc, running on GeForce Now with a 1080c rig on Max settings with SSAA 4X and max reflection quality. 

Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 10.38.45 PM.jpg

14 minutes ago, pandovian said:

Looks like how grass/plants look on a sunny morning after freezing rain, which happens like maybe once a year. As a wet ground shader, it's not quite working. 

Also, this happened to me last night. Getting a lot of super-low-res textures on Pz.IV-based vehicles, and then whatever weirdness happened here just west of the SE spawn on Fire Arc, running on GeForce Now with a 1080c rig on Max settings with SSAA 4X and max reflection quality. 

Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 10.38.45 PM.jpg

Its normal, dont worry, I have an i9 10900k, 3080, 4k and exactly the same thing happens to me.
In this game things of this type are normal, 3 or 4 months will pass, when you are used to opaque textures they will fix them.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 10/01/2021 at 02:30, GermanLMG said:

Il y a aussi assez de gens qui peuvent acheter un nouveau téléphone tous les 5 ans avec l'argent qu'ils mettent de côté.

J'ai un système très compétent. Je joue à Hell let Loose sur des paramètres graphiques élevés, mais dans War Thunder, j'ai toujours des problèmes avec des chutes massives de FPS. Ce qui est incompréhensible.

Dans WT, vous auriez besoin d'une gradation claire des paramètres graphiques afin de pouvoir également introduire de meilleurs graphiques.

+ Il devrait y avoir la possibilité de désactiver les nouveaux effets, etc., sans avoir à poser les graphiques.

En outre, il y a aussi les serveurs. J'ai trouvé que pire la pinge est mauvaise que le FPS n'a aucun sens, mais c'est le cas.

Et les maisons ne changent pas lorsque vous introduisez de meilleurs graphismes. Il suffirait de retravailler les cartes.

Bad optimisation, this graphic engine is bad. The dev need use a new recent engine

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal