New wiki layout is terrible

So there is 1 thing you don't like about it?  Perhaps "terrible" is a bit of an overstatement??   "There's 1 thing in hte new wiki layout I think should be improved" would be more accurate??

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

What kind of purpose that upscaled low-res picture have when there is full HD-ish picture right under it? Atleast upscale it properly.

1.thumb.jpg.82c38b0fd062a84707f3c955089a

n1k1_kyuofu.thumb.png.c9418ed3e00a904434 1149148820_n1k1_kyuofu2.thumb.png.6ae9c5

Who designed these tables? You know people read from left to right in some sort of Z pattern? 

2.thumb.jpg.e0830f8b7287b6267226ef92a6db

And as I said, basic informations that used to be on top where I could access them quickly and easily are hidden across the whole page in much detailed sections.

So yeah, I would say its terrible.

Edited by Vianochka
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal

1 minute ago, Josephs_Piano said:

Who designed them?? Volunteers.

By all means volunteer to do better :)

90% of my ideas were turned down and some of my (heavy lifting) edits deleted. No thanks. 

Edited by Vianochka
medal medal

2 hours ago, Josephs_Piano said:

Who designed them?? Volunteers.

It's done by the russian wiki admin which I'm pretty sure is an actual paid position. I doubt anyone would do the amount of coding needed for the statcards for free.

2 hours ago, Vianochka said:

What kind of purpose that upscaled low-res picture have when there is full HD-ish picture right under it? Atleast upscale it properly.

It's the official statcard picture you see ingame.

2 hours ago, Vianochka said:

Who designed these tables? You know people read from left to right in some sort of Z pattern? 

Pretty sure it's one of those 'responsive design' things so it scales well when looking at the page on mobile.

medal medal medal

13 hours ago, Vianochka said:

1.thumb.jpg.82c38b0fd062a84707f3c955089a

The Russian wiki team just added the new templates and left the articles as they were. The English wiki team are updating the page design to accommodate the new templates better:

B4IWFrw.png

I do have my own reservations about the new design though.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be honest, the new wiki layout does seem a lot smoother, but it's a tad bit inconvenient to have to scroll more now to find more of the basic info.  I don't think it should really be priority to remodel it again, as it's not terrible.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/01/2021 at 03:53, False_Swiss said:

I'll be honest, the new wiki layout does seem a lot smoother, but it's a tad bit inconvenient to have to scroll more now to find more of the basic info.  I don't think it should really be priority to remodel it again, as it's not terrible.

So Far I Can Think Of It, It's Mainly Done For Page Responsiveness And Smoothness Overall.
Sure Basic Information Will Now Have To Be Found Separately Under Its Own Header, But This Allows You To Scroll Through The Whole Page If You're Not In A Hurry For Said Information And "Admire" The Effort Put Into Articles That Have Been Written By Players, For Players.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal