IR spotlight does not illuminate when it's turned on.

Sometime after the newest update The IR spotlights don't seem to illuminate in front of them when turned on. You see the glare of the light as if it's shining in front of it but no light seems to accompany it.

An example on the screenshots. The IR spotlight is turned on in both pictures but no light comes out. The second one even has a T-90 with it's lights on across from me (a separate issue already reported, although it helps demonstrate my own problem) but no light from him as well.

The pics were taken from a testdrive but the issue happens across all games and is universal for all tanks.

shot 2020.12.24 21.15.30.jpg

shot 2020.12.24 21.15.43.jpg

DxDiag.txt 2020_12_24_21_13_25__12064.clog

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I am also experiencing this issue and checked the forums for answers. I think it's was from the last patch where the IR Searchlights won't turnoff when using NV and probably forgot to recheck it, if it works properly.

shot 2020.12.26 21.01.31.jpg

shot 2020.12.26 21.01.38.jpg

@NoodleCup31 This is a post at gameplay problems & advice. I thought to fill one bug report, but as is evident that is no affecting only my operative system (linux) or my hardware software combination (not using steam), but a general whole game widespread problem. Then yes  I think here can be read by developers too.

Talking about useless posts...

medal medal medal

1 hour ago, NoodleCup31 said:

That's not how it works

Do you actually have a tank or tanks with IR spotlight?

If so, Did you already checked if you are affected with this game feature lose too?

I am trying to work in help to determine this problem, instead of upload text to multiple threads.

medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...

I've checked. The same problem.

• 1 month later...
On 18/01/2021 at 22:29, JEI2 said:

Also noticed it's possible to use IR during daytime :burned:

Reveal hidden contents

798CA7BCD77DAE26B4E6298EC822FC9A47D540B7

Why it shouldn't work?

But search light still doesnt work, bug report was closed immediately :D 

medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, ekyxor said:

At least it works when you're in a heli and somebody has it turned on. Bug or then Gaijin has turned the feature off on purpose, idk.

But what kind of reason? 

Edited by LuftKaffee
medal medal medal medal