POLL: Breach/Cannon repair simulator...

Breach is out. Cannon is out.  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Breach is out. Cannon is out.

• Tone it down
    • Leave it the way it is

So annoying, 70% of me playing WT i repair my breach or cannon... Stick my nose out, boom - branch is out... enemy tank 2-3 miles away, boom - breach is out... any exchange is almost guaranteed breach or cannon out... I do understand why this mechanic exist, but to be honest i'll take bounced shot over breach/cannon damage any day... Tone it down, in my opinion... Please discuss....

Edited by Spu7nik
medal medal medal

I mean Gaijin can always go back and put in the part where a broken barrel and breach could detonate the tank if the user attempted to fire it... In terms of 'realism' it made sense, still does...

Lets go the extra mile and make it where you can only get your barrel fixed at a nearby FOB.

• Upvote 1
medal

Destructible barrels are an important part in the game, however I am very unhappy with the current version. I think after the introduction of volumetric shells barrels have gotten very easy to hit and destroy.

I suspect there is some aiming helper in the game that locks onto pentrable surfaces under the same pixel or something to that effect, which would explain the frequent barrel hits over long distances. Those are annoying, actually for both sides. If you hit the barrel, you are denied your hit (and probably kill), and the guy being hit has to repair the barrel ... again!

But I get super annoyed when my barrel gets hit in close combat.

On 22/12/2020 at 01:50, [email protected] said:

don't poke someone looking right at you?

There are actually situations where this is feasible or advisable, like when you rush some T-34 in your Jagdpanther or Jumbo. However, in situations like these chances are high that the rushed tank will snapshot (he is probably moving, you are moving) and hit your barrel. The chance for that is far too high for my taste, because they boil down to an extreme degree of RNG. It does not matter what your tank is, it does not matter what the enemy tank is, rushing someone has a fixed chance that the rusher will be taken out because his barrel got destroyed by a lucky shot.

Before the change that took place sometime during this summer, barrels were much more resilient. Near-frontal shots (i.e. at extreme angles) on the barrel would almost always bounce, unless the attacker used APFSDS. Shells just glided off the barrel. Now, hitting the barrel will always destroy it, no matter the angle. I really hate this fact.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

It's much easier to hit a barrel (or MBT breech) than it was in RL but we can repair damaged barrels and gun breeches, so it seems pretty balanced.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

On 22/12/2020 at 01:48, Spu7nik said:

So annoying, 70% of me playing WT i repair my breach or cannon... Stick my nose out, boom - branch is out... enemy tank 2-3 miles away, boom - breach is out... any exchange is almost guaranteed breach or cannon out... I do understand why this mechanic exist, but to be honest i'll take bounced shot over breach/cannon damage any day... Tone it down, in my opinion... Please discuss....

I think its fine tanks vs tanks. But SPAAs shouldn't be able to instantly kill your barrel. 

This would also balance the R3 and the Falcon

Edited by Burgermankillz

16 hours ago, Burgermankillz said:

I think its fine tanks vs tanks. But SPAAs shouldn't be able to instantly kill your barrel. 

This would also balance the R3 and the Falcon

hm it's probably realistic that the amount of lead a SPAA can send against a tank will cause a lot of issues for them.

The R3 can do this because of it's crazy mobility and stabilized gun. At lower BR, the SPAA needs to get a jump on the enemy for that to work.

The Falcon can also only do that at close range and why not, it has more firepower than a lot of IFVs at close range.

They should even be able to take out optics that would render the tank ineffective.

I guess the main difference between WT and real life is that in-game we have mouse aim and no parallax effect for scopes, unlike simulator battles, that makes aiming a lot easier.

20 hours ago, Quacki said:

I suspect there is some aiming helper in the game that locks onto pentrable surfaces under the same pixel or something to that effect, which would explain the frequent barrel hits over long distances.

Yeah, it's called mouse aim. Aside from shell deviation from a guns inherent accuarcy cone within the game files or crew accuracy stat players can generally be pixel accurate with aiming because of mouse aiming, even over long distances. It makes things so much easier than anything even modern MBTs have in real life.

Edited by Phaere
medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Phaere said:

Yeah, it's called mouse aim. Aside from shell deviation from a guns inherent accuarcy cone within the game files or crew accuracy stat players can generally be pixel accurate with aiming because of mouse aiming, even over long distances. It makes things so much easier than anything even modern MBTs have in real life.

Yes, but in practise I rarely aim for the barrel, instead I try to hit the turret or hull. What I was trying to say is that the probability of hitting the barrel even at distances over 600m is far too high. Beyond 600m I assume very few people actively try to hit the barrel. A typical situation where I aim for the barrel when some tank lurks behind a corner with its barrel sticking out. I am very fine with that.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly, when you are playing British, taking out the other guy's gun is our best shot to buy time for the "kill each crew member, individualy, simulator"

medal medal