UserSkins folder not showing

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone knew how I would be able to access userskins, as my folder is not showing up, and every time I go to press the magic wand, the folder does not appear, yet I still have the template skin under userskins, but this doesn't show up anywhere in my files on my computer. I'm currently having to play on mac, and was wondering if anyone could help me at all? 

1 hour ago, HawkerTyphoon26 said:

yet I still have the template skin under userskins,

And that means what exactly?

Just for clarification, you cannot create a new folder right?

Because if you want to have custom skins you need to create one named "UserSkins" and extract the ZIP files into that.

Edited by NoodleCup31
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

12 hours ago, NoodleCup31 said:

And that means what exactly?

Just for clarification, you cannot create a new folder right?

Because if you want to have custom skins you need to create one named "UserSkins" and extract the ZIP files into that.

Meaning in customisation, under the user skins section in game, the template shows up.

I've tried creating a folder named UserSkins in my war thunder folder in steam, but when I place the files into that, the skins won't show up in game. When I press the magic wand to create a template in game, it says that its created a template in the UserSkins folder in the root folder, yet when I search for that on my computer, I can't find the folder, or any of the template files anywhere in my computer's files.

16 minutes ago, HawkerTyphoon26 said:

I've tried creating a folder named UserSkins in my war thunder folder in steam, but when I place the files into that, the skins won't show up in game. When I press the magic wand to create a template in game, it says that its created a template in the UserSkins folder in the root folder, yet when I search for that on my computer, I can't find the folder, or any of the template files anywhere in my computer's files.

Ahh ok

Are you sure you extracted the files in that folder?

A ZIP file won't be recognized by the game.

28 minutes ago, HawkerTyphoon26 said:

When I press the magic wand to create a template in game, it says that its created a template in the UserSkins folder in the root folder

Well that's what it does for me though.

Do you perhaps have multiple WT folders and you look at the wrong one in the files?
I did that to have separate dev and normal launchers for example, one is located in the steam folder and can be opened via steam while the other one is in the regular games folder of Windows 10.

On 22/12/2020 at 11:59, NoodleCup31 said:

Well that's what it does for me though.

Do you perhaps have multiple WT folders and you look at the wrong one in the files?
I did that to have separate dev and normal launchers for example, one is located in the steam folder and can be opened via steam while the other one is in the regular games folder of Windows 10.

I'm looking through the files on the entire computer, and I can't find the files at all. Also like I mentioned before, I'm not on Windows 10, I'm having to play on mac at the moment.