Tempest Mk.II not achieving max speed on stat card in level flight

1. A detailed description of the issue you have encountered. It is also important that you describe how we can reproduce the issue, if you are able to reproduce it

The tempest mk II should be able to reach a top speed in level flight of 723km/h according to the stat card (for realistic air battles). I have tested this in game, and it does not reach this top speed in level flight. It takes it 5~ minutes to reach a top speed of 661km/h in level flight, under 500m. You can reproduce this by test flying the tempest mk.II and going in a straight line at WEP speed under 500m in air realistic mode.

I had a round where a bf109K was tailing me in level flight from behind. They were 1km away from me. we were at 200m in level flight at full WEP. He initially gained distance on me from a dive, and again, the tempest should go faster than the bf109K in a dive, but it caught up to me that way initially. As we levelled out I lost distance from him, but after about 10 seconds or so he gained distance on me and got to 400m to me before he killed me. The bf109K should not be able to catch the tempest mk II in level flight, especially at sea level. The tempest mk.II was one of the fastest propeller planes of its time. In reality the bf109k's top speed was 537 km/h at sea level in level flight, meanwhile the tempest mk.II's top speed was around 711km/h at sea level.

1. If applicable, the full name(s) of the vehicle(s) affected.

Tempest Mk II

1. If applicable, the difficulty setting (e.g. Arcade) in which the issue occurs.

Realistic mode

1. A detailed description of the fix you suggest.

Make the tempest mk.II able to achieve 711km/h in level flight with full WEP, and posisbly reduce the top speed of the bf109K in level flight, as in no world it should be going at around 650km/h in level flight at sea level. At most it should be going 550km/h in level flight at sea level from my understand. I understand that the bf109K was capable of going very fast, but at high altitudes, not at sea level.

1. Please attach screenshot(s) showing the issue taken via the game (Not externally), as well as the client replay file and the server Replay.

Done. https://warthunder.com/en/tournament/replay/45235695074156178

In the replay I get mad and swear in the chat. I'm sorry for doing so but the scenario I was placed in did not seem fair at all, as I know historically the tempest was very fast at the time, and the bf109K, a lot less faster than the tempest mk.II, so it should have been virtually impossible for the scenario to play out like it did, and that made me angry as there was nothing I could do, despite using the plane properly at that time.

1. Attach the Client Log (CLOG) of the session in which the error occurred. If the problem is persistent, attach the latest one available.

I don't think it's necessary for this issue.

1. Attach your system's current Dxdiag Log.

Not necessary for this.

1. If possible, link a short video showcasing the issue.  If the issue is interface related - please include video or screenshots of the interface issue.

In the video, the tempest mk.II goes into a dive, and reaches a speed of around 740km/h, before levelling off into level flight. Once it levels, it starts rapidly losing speed, down to around 650km/h, and can not gain any speed higher than this in level flight. Link to the video of the moment:

Screenshot_8.png

Screenshot_9.png

Edited by Darkplasmaray
medal

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

That is expected.

Aside from the stat cards to be generally inaccurate or wrong, you read them partially, hence your misunderstanding.

image.png

AT HEIGHT specifies at which altitude you can expect the "SPD" to equal the stat card (which is often wrong anyway).

In the case of the Tempest, the maximum speed is at 14k ft, and is equal to ~730kmh

image.png

• Upvote 1