Can somone explain what the addon amour does to help the chally mk3

Like to me it just seems like pointless extra weight witch dosnt save me since the times i have to move from a hull down spot and get shot in teh hull i either have my engine set on fire or the ammo charges at the back of teh hull get hit adn i go boom 

I have had noone fling HEAT at me yet and even then i dont think the addon amour would save me (why would they aim for the hull when the turret sides dont have addon amour

am i missing something or is this just a heavier mk 2

I can only think of one instance since the Mk.3 came out that the extra armour actually saved me a considerable amount, and that was when I got rushed by a group of BMP-1's. 

Otherwise you're right, it's pointless other than looking cool.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

15 minutes ago, TheCheshireCat said:

I can only think of one instance since the Mk.3 came out that the extra armour actually saved me a considerable amount, and that was when I got rushed by a group of BMP-1's. 

Otherwise you're right, it's pointless other than looking cool.

is it a case of Gajin being Gajin again and not putting teh correct thing or is it actually what the tank had IRL

The side armour VARMA packs are definately underperforming both vs KE and HEAT (resistant to 30mm APDS and PG-7V respectively)

The front ERA is underperforming vs HEAT.(reduce penetration by 55 - 95% between 40 - 70 degrees)

The ROMOR ERA is currently 300mm vs HEAT, but IRL vs 127mm Warheads, the top and bottom row (angled at 60 degrees) should give ~525mm protection and the middle row (angled at 50 degrees) should give ~435mm)

Edited by RoflSeal
medal medal

1 hour ago, RoflSeal said:

The side armour VARMA packs are definately underperforming both vs KE and HEAT (resistant to 30mm APDS and PG-7V respectively)

The front ERA is underperforming vs HEAT.(reduce penetration by 55 - 95% between 40 - 70 degrees)

The ROMOR ERA is currently 300mm vs HEAT, but IRL vs 127mm Warheads, the top and bottom row (angled at 60 degrees) should give ~525mm protection and the middle row (angled at 50 degrees) should give ~435mm)

Has a bug report been made about this or have Gajin just chosen to ignore it?