Battleship repair cost sky rocketing!!

Gunship

RB Navy poll  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with the 5 times increase in battleship repair costs?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you what to keep the current damage model with the frequent ammo racks?

• Yes
    • No, it needs to be re-worked.

So I'm a few games away from getting my first German Battleships and Gaijin in there wisdom decides to balance the game by massively increase the repair costs.

This is a very bad way of trying to balance the game and are going to turn away even more players from Naval. 

What should be done is to fix the insane ammo racks to how things were in the previous main patch 1.9xxx

image.thumb.png.ab7472d2b6cc2bced833fa52

• Thanks 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

BB's are op, 100%, but raising the repair cost isn't going to fix the balance in a healthy way. I feel raising the BR of the BB's and putting a BR lock on how high BR plane you could bring at 6.0 to prevent us from seeing jets vs boats for now. People who don't care about their SL will just club all the same. This won't fix the balance, this will just reduce the playerbase of naval. Now that the playerbase of naval will reduce it will be even less likely that Gaijin will decompress the BR's.

I think I'll take a break from top tier boats so I don't lose all my silver in the HMS Colossus.

medal medal medal medal medal

If sombody has just a little brain ... then it was clear BB get super expensive repairs . You can not get the kill all for free stick without a price.

I absolutly agree to this repairs ...

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

I agree with the battleship repair cost sky rocketing. they are GIGA powercreep rn, with no actual counters besides torpedoes which by the time they reach the target you are already dead, and dedicating an aircraft to killing it. The repair costs are fine where they are as of now, BUT When, no. IF gaijin decides to fix BRs and add bigger battleships, introducing actual balance, THEN yeah, the costs need to return to normal. But for now? They can stay

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

12 hours ago, Gunship said:

This is a very bad way of trying to balance the game and are going to turn away even more players from Naval. 

Its not intended to balance them in the sense of weakening them. Its intended to reduce SL earnings so you feel the need to buy premium. Right now they rack up so many kills per death that they will be printing SL.

Obviously they get so many kills because they are brutally overpowered when facing cruisers. But the terrible balance isn't Gaijin's concern and has nothing to do with their motivation for increasing repairs.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

I don't like balancing via repair costs. I don't like anything that goes beyond 15k. In my arrogant opinion, that's just too high.

That being said, in the current state where battleships are practically immune to everyone except for fellow battleships, the fact that they absorb numerous torpedoes and bombs and still end up surviving a majority of matches...  At this point in time, it's necessary in this case. Now should it stay like this forever, absolutely not.  But if moving them into their own BR bracket is not an option and we don't have anything that really counters them effectively then I just don't see what else you can do.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

Imagine dedicating all those resources to creating battleships, hyping them up and even splitting the tree to make them more reachable, only to make them all unplayable a month later because the game that you designed is complete garbage and can't properly support these type of ships. Suddenly I'm glad that I haven't yet dedicated much time to grinding BBs or I'd be regretting it hard right now.

I'm gonna honest here, naval past bluewater 4.3 is officially dead to me (coastal ships might as well not exist). I only really play it these days to farm daily tasks. USN 4.3 is literally easy mode. The amount of incompetence (or to be more accurate, lack of care) Gaijin has consistently shown is unreal. Downright refusing to actually fix any of the problems that have been plaguing naval out of sheer greed and constantly piling on more problems on to of old ones.

You know it's kinda funny. I returned to WT because of naval and was pretty hyped to see BBs one day. Now they're finally here and I just keep losing interest. But who knew back then that naval would turn out to be such a clusterfuck? I didn't, I was too noobish. But as time went on it became more clear to me how Gaijin works. As I and many others predicted battleships have introduced more problems than they're worth. Even more powercreep and now you even get punished for playing them.

I literally don't even want to see the more modern battleships anymore.

13 hours ago, RoyalWaffles said:

IF gaijin decides to fix BRs and add bigger battleships, introducing actual balance, THEN yeah, the costs need to return to normal. But for now? They can stay

Lets be real, what is the chance that this is actually going to happen? They haven't done a damn thing to fix the balance issues the past few years, they're not going to suddenly have a change of heart. The only thing that will (or rather might) drop the dreadnoughts in price is when more powercreep gets introduced and they become food for modern BBs.

Then those modern BBs will skyrocket in repair costs and everyone will be disappointed that they can't play the ships that they've been waiting for all these years without going bankrupt. That is until Gaijin introduces premium variants of those BBs at one rank lower and a fraction of the repair cost.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

This is not the right way of balancing anything, first they hype the new class of ships through the roof, and then a few weeks later they make them huge sl sinks.

Just separate these ships from the rest, so that they don't club.

medal medal

I don't think the current naval damage models and gameplay overall are future proof.

World of Warships is doing a way better job at that as they have a much more clean interface, proper map sizes etc.

Also battleratings won't really work for combined naval + air battles.

As we progress to bigger battleships, let's say the Bismarck, it should land at 8.0 or smth where it could face a F-84 

Edited by NoodleCup31
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

See the thing is, I agree that the battleships needed a slight increase of repair cost to about 15- 20k SL, but them having a 40K SL repair cost is frankly just unacceptable. For example, on average I get about 3-4 kills and 5-6 assists per game in naval with my battleship, the amount of money that i make from such games is about 30k SL with premium. But now... it only takes A SINGLE shot to have a ammo detonation, and lose more money than the entire match will give. Seems Balanced right, because for a person who only does naval (which in itself doesn't give many SL in the first place.) to loose more money than they would make is just frankly stupid. Add another 10k onto that if you sink in your cruiser, and you will be loosing more than DOUBLE the amount that a game will reward you in the first place. Seems balanced right?  

medal

While i do think BBs are somewhat Op, 40k+ repairs is EXCESSIVE, i mean even losing 20% crew alone would make you pay 10k even if you survive

Raising BB repair to 20k-25k ? Sure !

But 40k+ ??? nice meme

EDIT : That goes without talking about the 40% reduction of SL reward for top tier ships

360% -> 320% oof

Edited by AidenTRDZ
medal

• 4 months later...

WAR THUNDER NAVAL REALISTIC BATTLE " REPAIR COST " !! ( FULLY UPGRADED )the hyuga naval repair cost in war thunder went to 66,768 lions (1us dollar to each lost play ) , Imperatritsa Mariya 57,279 lions (1 us dollar to each lost play) , Poltava 56,827 lion ( 1 us dollar to each lost play ) SMS Kaiser 43,500 lions (1us dollar to each lost play ) SMS Helgoland 62,761 lions (1 us dollar to each lost play) SMS Westfalen 57,989 lions (1 us dollar to each lost play) SMS Von der Tann 45,015 lions (1 us dollar to each lost play) its to much money to enjoy the game !! not a good odds , its sad :-(

8 hours ago, __M_X_8_0__ said:

WAR THUNDER NAVAL REALISTIC BATTLE " REPAIR COST " !! ( FULLY UPGRADED )the hyuga naval repair cost in war thunder went to 66,768 lions (1us dollar to each lost play ) , 

its to much money to enjoy the game !! not a good odds , its sad :-(

Easy advice how to avid high repair costs:

don't play BB.

You're welcome.

medal medal medal

I find Gaijin increasing ship repair costs utterly amazing.

It is as if they exist in some parallel universe where naval battles are a great success.

Gaijin should be reducing ship repair costs, not raising them.

I have not played naval yet and I have even less motivation to try it now.

WP Gaijin, nice self-sabotage.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, qpranger said:

I find Gaijin increasing ship repair costs utterly amazing.

You are not alone, just had a little battle in my 72000SL to fully repair Battleship, I got 2500 damage, 1 CR kill, minor damage to my ship (92% crew left), earned 5K SL after repair for 15min of my time, its a joke. Had I lost my ship then ohh dear...

2 hours ago, PL_Andrev said:

Easy advice how to avid high repair costs:

don't play BB.

Yep apart from the odd battle to test the waters all high tier naval action is at most one battle a day. My Huyga will be ready in 15d time when it has auto repaired. Queue times are already suffering even on a Sunday evening with 90K online.

why does this come up now

naval has for a long time been unrealistic for repair costs

to me the worst are the british match stick wooden boats up against armoured boats they can barely give a particularly nasty tickle to

then have repair bills and times almost double the ones that easily kill them

the BB debacle is just another chapter in the unfathomable stolly ideas

medal

3 hours ago, Ghost_Rider12 said:

never should have gone above Destroyers to be honest. Battleships ect were never going to be balanced.

If I had known 3 years ago just how little Gaijin cares about the player experience at high br and what naval would become I wouldn't have bothered grinding this mode (and possibly wouldn't have returned to WT as a result). All those cruisers that I unlocked are now all completely worthless... And now Gaijin is giving us another Kirov copy/paste in BP3 that not a soul asked for and it isn't even a premium, and on top of that we're also getting a squadron cruiser. Just... lol. Seems they REALLY want to get people to play that crap without giving this game mode the overhaul it desperately needs. Yet at the same time they nuke every cruiser (and BB) with some insane repair cost because... reasons? Sometimes I just don't understand their logic.

That said the German destroyer from the 2nd BP is actually pretty nice and fun to use. I was getting bored of slaughtering everything that moves with the Cowell so this is a nice change and a breath of fresh air.

Edited by vTuro24
medal medal medal

12 hours ago, vTuro24 said:

If I had known 3 years ago just how little Gaijin cares about the player experience at high br and what naval would become I wouldn't have bothered grinding this mode (and possibly wouldn't have returned to WT as a result). All those cruisers that I unlocked are now all completely worthless... And now Gaijin is giving us another Kirov copy/paste in BP3 that not a soul asked for and it isn't even a premium, and on top of that we're also getting a squadron cruiser. Just... lol. Seems they REALLY want to get people to play that crap without giving this game mode the overhaul it desperately needs. Yet at the same time they nuke every cruiser (and BB) with some insane repair cost because... reasons? Sometimes I just don't understand their logic.

That said the German destroyer from the 2nd BP is actually pretty nice and fun to use. I was getting bored of slaughtering everything that moves with the Cowell so this is a nice change and a breath of fresh air.

This has nearly always been the case with any free to play online game. 

Normally works as follows. 

Release something OP. 

Nerf OP item

Sell the solution. 

The above is really prominent in games like World of Warships and World of Tanks. Fairly sure it happens in WT too.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal