ARCADE BATTLES IN ALL FORMS

Hi to all off you guys that i know and to the ones that i am about to know.Its the first time that i m creating a topic and trying to start a convertation about the game that we all love so please be patient with me.

I m taking this initiative because as time passes i realize that the mode that i like most , arcade , is fading. It is fading in all off its forms, air arcade, tank arcade squadron battles arcade. i remeber that there was a time that i didnt have to wait 3 , 4 or even 5 minutes in que to get into a game.When it comes to squadron battles its even worst. There are times that after 15 minutes waiting we stop trying.I dont know what brought arcade to this situation. What i know for sure is that many players including me will stop playing or play once a week when this mode dies.I am not a moderator to propose changes. But i belive that moderators will definatly have ways to save my favorite mode.It dosnt matter if i am a good player or not, it dosnt matter if others think i m good or bad as a person.I m trying to say my opinion and thats all. Those of you that agree with me or even better have ideas how to fix this please take part in the convertation.Thank you in advance for the time you ve spend reading this.

• Like 21
  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I think that 6

years ago when i started playing  Squadron Arcade Events it was taking like seconds to go in battle, and not only that, there were like 95000 up to 110000 players on line.now in the good days you see like 70000. It is certain that AB is dying. GRAIR is right. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT 

• Like 20
medal medal medal medal

Maybe change the squadron battle meta?

Right now, only teams with lots of players and many alt accounts have a chance to get 20K+ points in a season. More accounts = more points.

There is little to no penalty for losing games.

This makes squadron battles a gamemode where time + player count means wins, not team skill.

Teams with 20 skilled players end up with fewer points than teams with 80 mediocre players.

Want to revive squadron battles? Change the meta.

• Like 12
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 15/12/2020 at 12:05, ____B00K3NDS____ said:

Maybe change the squadron battle meta?

Right now, only teams with lots of players and many alt accounts have a chance to get 20K+ points in a season. More accounts = more points.

There is little to no penalty for losing games.

This makes squadron battles a gamemode where time + player count means wins, not team skill.

Teams with 20 skilled players end up with fewer points than teams with 80 mediocre players.

Want to revive squadron battles? Change the meta.

I think everyone would be open for a meta change. But remember, they want to illicit our play time, not our ego, so the the grind will always be a part of the game/SQBs.

This is only true due to the fact that the gamemode is DEAD in terms of skill level. Amount of skilled players participating actively is probably 5% of what is used to be. BUT....SCORN and PSM are perfect examples of squadrons doing this with low numbers. It can be done. I don't know what your squadron goals are but 20 players at 2000 ELO = 40K SQB points which is Top 3 usually. Pretty easy math and pretty easily doable if you have good enough players. All I see here is you complaining that you don't have enough good players and want the ELO system to suit that.

This is only true with low ELO squadrons. There is a huge penalty for losing games when you have a high ELO. You can reach a point where you don't even gain a full point for wins and if you lose its 31 per player. Full top 20 loss is like 248 points which is insane considering you can play 40+ games a day depending on queue times. Loss penalty and then when you get 2100+, diminished returns, is the entire reason people quit playing mains and hop onto Alts.

See above examples but I agree with time being needed as part of the equation 

See above examples

I agree entirely if you are referencing the in-game meta and not the ELO meta.

Edited by RawTheCrow
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TschebuRaschkA said:

the reward system needs to be improved, then new players will come

This is the only way. It will entice people to leave the squadron and make new ones if they are not Top 20. Unfortunately there are a lot of toxic politics involved when making "A" teams and players wanting to protect their points and I could see it doing more harm then good ie separating large active communities.

Edited by RawTheCrow
  • Like 4

I love arcade SQB but as for now its DEAD.

Arcade SQB teams with points this season: 87

Realistic SQB teams with points this season: 491

-Higher and more lucrative rewards (not only for top 3 squadrons and not only golden eagles).

-Equal pool reward distribution for participants. (Over 1000pts or even 1500pts)

-Player limitation as mentioned above.

-More weeks of WW2 vehicles as the majority of the player base do not own BR 9+ super tanks and jets.

I am sure they have ways to revive arcade SQB but i wonder if they want to sell us Enlisted premium instead.

Time will tell, over and out.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

The good, the bad and GRAIRFORCE... ( joking mate )

I support the fact that SQB arcade is the only thing i love most about this game.

Playing it for a long time now ( you know sqb with 11 slots )

But like every other game there is a time when it start to die,

and must say that the interest is lost during long waiting.

But when we have a good night of SQB i am all happy :)

Merry Christmas all

• Like 5
medal

Snail should give more rewards for top 20 squadrons

For example...

• Give titles for top 20 squadron members
  • Give titles for top 1 squadron members
  • More GE
  • Give rare vehicles for top 3 squadrons
Edited by LAGSWITCH_EXE
  • Like 2
medal medal medal

Squadron Arcade Battles is really dying. Because of too less active player numbers there is no more competition. It has to get more attractive to gain some more players. For me it is no more fun to play it at the moment. If there will nothing change this mode will loose more and more players until it is dead. In this time maybe 100, D2K and Liga can play against each other without being disturbed by other squads ;)

Edited by iLLu79
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal