Server update 15.12.2020 (Economy update)

Why Gaijn? Just change the BRs and dont balance vehicles based off player stats lol. I mean Repair cost increase for the FlaRakRad is just stupid. Its huge and an easy target. The Adats and Tunguska are higher BR and way lower repair cost. And just Move battleships to 6.3 or 6.7 instead of a 30k repair cost. Usually i think gaijn can finally do something right about repair costs but im always prov

en wrong again

• Upvote 11
medal medal

Okay.

At this point I don't even know what the purpose of the repair costs actually is. Is it to balance out the earning potential of a vehicle? Is it to influence how much it's played? Is it a soft-balance mechanic used when a vehicle is over/under performing but not so much that a BR change would be too drastic?

If it's the first one, then why not tweak the actual earning multipliers? It just seems redundant. It also seems mighty convenient that the vehicles that were added last patch are suddenly doubling in repair cost...

If it's the second option, it makes some more sense, but there are multiple cases now where it is impossible to turn a profit or even break even with an average match.

And that brings us to the last option. If a vehicle is harder to get profits on, then there will be less people playing it, true, but the ones that continue to will tend to be those who are able to consistently get very good results in it. And a smaller population plus a higher average skill from those that are left means that the stats for the vehicle will shoot up.

Come on Gaijin. We love this game. It's still unique and its core mechanics are solid. But there's these constant splinters which keep getting jabbed in to the playerbase, like the fact that parts/FPE are still not stock components, or these ludicrous repair costs, and the absurd RP costs for modifications in high tier vehicles.

And you're also not dumb. I still hold out hope that these things will sooner or later change.

In the mean time, Happy Holidays.

EDIT: I hadn't even taken a look at the reward multiplier changes. WHY. The minus symbols are much more noticeable so I might be overestimating this, but it looked like 2/3rds of the vehicles being tweaked are getting their reward multiplier reduced. That's not what I meant above, I meant using the multipliers instead of the repair costs, not at the same time. I stand by the last two paragraphs, but you're throwing another wrench into an already jammed machine.

Edited by DemocracyExpress
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 25
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Dear Gaijin why you keep doing this, even if community has said that this is not the way? If some vehicle is too strong against others, why you cannot decompress BRs so that this new of vehicle wont face them anymore? I just hope that, you will understand that this will just make top tier vehicles less interesting for newer players. First they need to go through quite slow gaining and then gain modifications for this vehicle, so that it could be competitive. But after they cannot afford even using it. Heck using some vehicles is so expensive that even premium account wont give proper award (although I do not have it), so I assume after that kind of experience re buying premium does not seem like good idea anymore?

When some nation has lots of expensive vehicles hardly anyone plays them, which ultimately leads into long queue times. And if someone uses them, they usually are one death leavers, which leads into one sided battles.

In top tier situation is quite sad, there is hardly any "combined arms" anymore just tank battles and some ATGM-helicopters in the end, but hardly no jets. This has many reasons why it is this way, but high repair costs of attackers is one of them. When playing nation which does not have helicopters usually leads into situation, that this nation does not have any kind close air support. Or it does, but those planes are so expensive that it is not worth it to be used (G.91YS, SK60B as a examples). I have been many times in this situation, where my team needs air support, but I do not use it because it is so expensive. When these planes are not worth it to be used (because repair costs) gameplay becomes stale, because it is just tanks after tanks and no variety in game play. Variety, which those attackers could provide it just does not exist.  

Could you consider this kind of suggestion? If player is using "strong" plane in Air RB, where is possible to have nice rewards, this plane could be little bit more expensive. But when he is using it in Tank RB, where detecting enemy planes is more difficult than in Air RB and in top tier SPAA is strong (player is using his plane with higher risk), this could be more cheaper to be used? This might be provide some variety back to game play.

This kind of changes just make me sad, I have played this game a lot and I still like it. I have gained lots of interesting vehicles. But now many of them are just gathering dust, using them is not rewarding, just punishing. In the end this is a game, so I should be able to enjoy all of my vehicles, right?

So please consider these repair costs again. I can almost say this on behalf of whole community.

Edited by Guinespsj
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 9
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I'm utterly perplexed at Gaijin's decision to increase the majority of vehicles and scrape rewards off. My limits are being pushed to even bother playing. The harrier I can see why the economy change was needed but why is the EE Lightning getting a -0.6 reduction in reward? For me, that aircraft has a play style that is late game and a case of "Hard to kill and hard to get a kill"... So why is the reward getting hugely reduced?

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

Gaijn: "Seems too many people are playing the game again, we need to balance that."

I can't be the only one here who ends up having early nights because my platoon mates drop out after they run out of money to play over 7.0 
Heck how cool would it be if Repair cost... IDK actually was vaguely based on the IRL ease of maintenance and replacement of said vehicles. It could be an interesting historical concept to think about when making a line up vs just a balancing mechanic. After all war is just war of attrition. By Gaijin bloating the repair cost and reduced earnings they are waging a war of attrition on the player base to see how long they can hold out before they lose interest and frustration from getting nowhere.

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 3

why.png

this is not okay, Sweden already has the most expensive things to repair. So how about u guys get ur **** together and stop repressing smaller nations. 

This only makes the nation even more unplayable, unless u have infinite silver lions. 

Edited by PlumpAnimeThighs
  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I really dislike how the reward multipliers for RB for planes have been reduced across the board which only amplifies the problem of insane repair costs making certain vehicles really unprovitable to play.

Edited by dark_vader97
Mixed up RP reward with SL reward. Sorry!
  • Upvote 6
medal medal

Please, stop with this.

Vehicle tier x1000 should be the repair cost. Maybe change this modifier to smaller one for light tanks or SPAA.

Simple, effective, noone will be able to complain.

Santa Gaijin, please

EDIT: I am talking about ground vehicles but I'm sure something similar could be adapted for planes and ships.

Edited by CrossEyedN00b
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal

4 hours ago, Stona said:

tables_d7ef803577a0f4b4dff61f816bc8d4bb.

The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

Dear Gaijin Entertainment,

By the looks of the comment section, and me going over all the changes, it is pretty clear that guys messed up. I understand that you use repair costs as balancers. However, such balancers is really bad for players. If you have multiple vehicles with a really high repair cost in the BR, it becomes extremely difficult to continue. Now if you add such repair costs to tanks with almost 0 armor, such as Germany 7.7, then such measures will only push players away from certain tech trees/and from the game entirely. 

I love warthunder, and I do want to see it expand and be successful. I love all the new content updates. However, you absolutely must do about these high repair costs. There is still some time before Christmas. Maybe if you can have decreases in repair costs across all vehicles, and ADVERTISE it, you will most surely receive a massive bump in new players. How about use a sore point in your game and turn it into a positive for the player-base?

Please Gaijin. Do a solid for your community.

Best Regards,

Extrapo 

• Upvote 10

Great, increasing the cost of everything I enjoyed playing to the point where I no longer take it.

Now, most matches I have to look at the cost of things to determine which ones I take.  Any tank with over 10K SL repair cost in AB is ridiculous, and many over 5K I'll avoid taking so I don't end matches with negative silver lions.

Added to uptiering, which some tanks handle fine and some simply can't handle at all, and this game simply makes no sense at all.

Added to the constant stream of ghost rounds, high packet loss, and bugs that have lasted years, and I am not sure I'll be buying anything else.  It is clear that Gaijin no longer cares about the quality of their product, and are just milking premiums and exclusives until their player base dwindles and dies.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 9
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

For me personally this is yet again a big mistake.

There are points in several tech-trees when you hit a brick wall that is repair costs for example for Britain at 7.0 or France at 6.7, Sweden at 7.0. This means that many players are actively discouraged from playing these nations any further. I have friend whom I am helping to grind through some tech trees and since we hit 7.0 Britain and 6.7 france he actively stopped playing these nations because it became almost impossible to turn a profit on a regular basis even with a premium account. for me this very counterproductive for the game as a whole because there are nations that do not have that problem, in particular russia comes to mind where even at higher tiers the repair cost is max 7000sl stock.

I can deal with premium vehicles beiong very strong even a little overpowered, but when the normal tech-tree becomes basically unplayable you cross a dangerous line which for me and many others has basically made certain tiers and nations undesirable. For someone who has most nations fairly extensively unlocked this is not necessarily a dealbreaker, just very annoying and disappointing, but for players that want to play these nations it is a dealbreaker that prevents progression and creates dissatisfaction as well as frustration. The way repair costs are calculated in the game needs to be reworked from the ground up to make progression possible for everyone, even if they do not have premium or have premium vehicles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 9
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Your repair cost algorithm does not work on the small nations. Why do nations like Sweden have to pay sometimes double the repair cost for identical vehicles from one of the larger nations? Especially for planes if US, GER or USSR player fly out a CAS plane it cost maybe 4000-8000 silver lions if shot down. If a ITA, japan or SWE player fly out in a CAS plane and get shotdown it can cost +20000 silver lions in repair cost.

Why raise rewards for naval ships then immediately lower them in the first economy update after that. Saetta P-494 faces light cruisers now at the same BR and still got higher repair cost, how? It still only have 1.7 SL multiplier while the light cruisers at the same BR have much lower repair cost and have 2.7-3.2 SL multiplier. They fight in the same battles with same BR.

Also please stop raising repair cost on premiums little by little every economy update. Many already have higher repair cost than the tech tree variants. We buy premiums to earn SL otherwise you can just buy a talisman.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

In general, overall more repair costs.

In general, overall lowered reward multiplier.

Premium barely covers the costs.

Well done Gaijin, well done.

P.S. I think the repair cost for the B-29 and/or Tu-4 are too low.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 10
medal medal medal medal medal

Silver Lions spawn costs in EC (air sim battles) did not change. It is supposed to be half of the repair price but they are' still the same as before this economic update. 

Those changes are pretty interesting in this gamemode (simulation), making it more profitable for EC games. It is currently hard to make SL because of costs are too high.

medal