Ground impact deaths no longer counting as kills

10 hours ago, LAGSWITCH_EXE said:

Oh really gaijin. This problem isn't bug.

So what this changed is

"Yeah go flank yourselves, if he doesnt die in 15 seconds, this means you didn't want that kill after all, and as such you will not be rewarded for it"
I swear to god this game gets progressively worse with every update, not even talking about power creep

• Upvote 4

I honestly wish that if you did any damage to the enemy plane at all and it crashes, it's your kill.  I had an encounter once where I was in a Bf 109 and caused a Hurricane to crash during my stall climb.  Maybe I'm giving myself a little more credit than I should, but I think the fact that I caused the Hurricane to maneuver in such a way to crash means I count it as a kill in my book.

I didn't land anything on the Hurricane prior, which explains why I didn't get the kill credit; that's fine since the game wouldn't know that I actually had something to do with the crash.  The point is that getting a hit on a plane, any hit, and having it smack the ground should count as a kill.  It's a way to indicate the game, "Hey, I was clearly attacking this plane and it just crashed."

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, False_Swiss said:

I honestly wish that if you did any damage to the enemy plane at all and it crashes, it's your kill.  I had an encounter once where I was in a Bf 109 and caused a Hurricane to crash during my stall climb.  Maybe I'm giving myself a little more credit than I should, but I think the fact that I caused the Hurricane to maneuver in such a way to crash means I count it as a kill in my book.

I didn't land anything on the Hurricane prior, which explains why I didn't get the kill credit; that's fine since the game wouldn't know that I actually had something to do with the crash.  The point is that getting a hit on a plane, any hit, and having it smack the ground should count as a kill.  It's a way to indicate the game, "Hey, I was clearly attacking this plane and it just crashed."

As much as i like your idea, Maneuver Kills are borderline impossible to implement in an actual ARB match setting,
If it were a 1v1 battle with only 2 players on the map, that could work.

24 minutes ago, MrOsmio7 said:

Maneuver Kills are borderline impossible to implement

You crash in ground, nearest player in 2km range gets the kill. Would sort out all those people nosing into the ground to deny you a kill as well, and ultimately lead to a better gameplay experience.

It's such a minor thing to implement, but a huge QoL improvement.

Edited by ThatRedDot
medal medal medal medal medal medal

id rather crash on purpose for example in AB than giving some wanna-be-pro a kill he doesnt deserve. For example if youre going into an airstrike and these n00bs intercepting you got the advantage spawnpoint were its impossible for the attacker to even reach the battlefield. people who get preferred by RNG doesnt deserve a kill.

Just now, AlphaPiggy said:

id rather crash on purpose for example in AB than giving some wanna-be-pro a kill he doesnt deserve.

And how does someone chasing you not deserve the kill? Should the targets you're after also simply vanish when you get in rocket/bomb/gun range because it's unfair?

In any case: 

Seems open for months now, and no change. Time Gaijin receives some push... There are many examples of people crashing and no kill awarded... somehow the game is not registering these things properly anymore.

• Upvote 1

Yup, this is super annoying.

Had one case in RB where I completely destroyed an enemy's engine in a head-on.  He crashed into the ground no more than 15 seconds later - no kill or assist or anything.  :zlo:

Edited by DocProfit
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

45 minutes ago, ThatRedDot said:

You crash in ground, nearest player in 2km range gets the kill. Would sort out all those people nosing into the ground to deny you a kill as well, and ultimately lead to a better gameplay experience.

It's such a minor thing to implement, but a huge QoL improvement.

A combination of having to deal a bit of damage and being within the required range could work to minimize the chance for a kill steal.

Just now, False_Swiss said:

A combination of having to deal a bit of damage and being within the required range could work to minimize the chance for a kill steal.

Now that i think about it, it would be a huge QoL improvement, but it would also better the state of the in-game economy and we can't have that.

/s

Edited by MrOsmio7

8 hours ago, MrOsmio7 said:

As much as i like your idea, Maneuver Kills are borderline impossible to implement in an actual ARB match setting,
If it were a 1v1 battle with only 2 players on the map, that could work.

Not true. It can work in 10v10 also, or any other team size.

If X damaged by Y, and X crash, give kill credit to Y. 

Else if X not damaged by anyone, and X crash, give kill credit to closest enemy. 

This is how it should be.

Edited by Unnamed_MUTED_

Got totally outplayed by a Japanese fighter in Ground RB, he sat behind and broke my Seafire (or Spit, can't remember) until I lost the ability to stay airborne .... hit the deck.. he got no kill.... Yep, something is amiss

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

7 hours ago, Unnamed_MUTED_ said:

Not true. It can work in 10v10 also, or any other team size.

If X damaged by Y, and X crash, give kill credit to Y. 

Else if X not damaged by anyone, and X crash, give kill credit to closest enemy. 

This is how it should be.

That how it was before and it was good.Why gaijin disabled that is a mistery

• Upvote 2

Gaijin deciding for no reason, to lower the amount of time for kill credits to be counted, from 30 to 15 seconds... Arbitrary changes, that have insanely negative effect.

Well played Gaijin. Implementing new ways to drive away people from your game.

"Its not a bug, its a feature" basically.

• Upvote 1
medal medal

This is really terrible in naval battles, I know hardly anyone plays but still. Some ships have reloads longer than 15 seconds. I can be in a heavy cruiser and get shredded by another and just I out before the last salvo when I'm on 5% crew and sinking irreparably damaged and no kill is awarded to the player who sunk me.  Same goes foe torpedo kills, get hit, irreparable damage and no crew and as long as it takes longer than 15 seconds the player can J out and deny the kill credit. Ive worked players down from 100% to 3% crew thinking I can move on to a new target to have them J out 15 seconds later. Its trash and needs to be fixed. Same goes for naval assist. Ive been in the situation of having worked a cruiser down to just before dead over 5 minutes of gun dueling and maneuvering to have some xxxxxx in his PT boat hit him once with a 40mm and get the kill. System needs to be reworked bc this is broken. 

Yup, the kill system is officially broken. I noticed that in AIR RB recently. You absolutely obliterate a guy, give him a few critical hits, he is somehow still "flying", but with a broken engine, and after he glides through the air with no engine power and crashes, you don't get a kill :dntknw:. It happens so often now.

43 minutes ago, SergioSRB said:

Yup, the kill system is officially broken. I noticed that in AIR RB recently. You absolutely obliterate a guy, give him a few critical hits, he is somehow still "flying", but with a broken engine, and after he glides through the air with no engine power and crashes, you don't get a kill :dntknw:. It happens so often now.

It has happened to me several times, it is the typical bug that happens 3 or 4 times in 10 games, you leave the game out of pure frustration, close the game and think about uninstalling the game, you wonder why I keep wasting time with this??? after two days you forget and you play again.
But of course, the game has thousands of bugs and gaijin prioritizes by the most problematic bugs ...

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Shoot out tail control, enemy plane goes down and eventually crashes after 40-ish seconds...

"Crashed"

Just why? This is a kill, he's 100% dead, there's no reason whatsoever to keep spending ammo on him. This used to work normally.

Can't you fix those issues? It's so f-ing frustrating. FIX IT.

Edited by ThatRedDot

8 minutes ago, ThatRedDot said:

Shoot out tail control, enemy plane goes down and eventually crashes after 40-ish seconds...

"Crashed"

Just why? This is a kill, he's 100% dead, there's no reason whatsoever to keep spending ammo on him. This used to work normally.

Can't you fix those issues? It's so f-ing frustrating. FIX IT.

On the other hand, in (AB) GF, you get kills for aircrafts that happily continue to fly straight towards you and still shoot (and even kill) you :lol2: