Ground impact deaths no longer counting as kills

This is a not exactly new but very wonderful kill credit bug that has recently been making an increased appearance in many of my games. After a few experiments, which I loathed to do, I discovered that damaging control surfaces, even to the point of getting the "tail control lost" message, does not ensure that an enemies death upon impacting the ground will count as a kill. In battles today I destroyed the wing of a p-38 in a dive, who dove at 90 degrees into the ground as a result, and later shot out the tail control of a P-51 who also, predictably, dove into the ground. On both occasions no kill was credited and the players death was recorded as a crash by the server. I was expecting this and made sure after knocking out the p-51 tail control to hit his engine a few times, to no avail. It seems that damaging or destroying surfaces actually impedes your chances to get a kill, to the point that a plane with an engine crit only is more likely to count as a kill even when dying as a result of ground impact, than a plane with both an engine crit and control surface damage/destruction. This wouldn't be as much of a problem if kills weren't already such a pain in the *** to secure, but it has robbed me of at least a dozen kills within the last week, which when spading an aircraft is a very unpleasant event.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 18

I have noticed this phenomenon more often recently, and I am not sure if anything has actually changed or if it is just luck (I have not done any testing or anything), but when it happens it is DEFINITELY frustrating to walk away robbed of a kill, actually feeling punished for expending effort, time, energy, and ammo into securing a kill that does not at all count.

medal medal

Have noticed this as well. The kill counter system seems to have changed in the last update. I've completely removed the engine of various planes and not gotten kills for it. The only thing that reliably gets a kill from crashing is completely removing parts of wings.

I got robbed enough times for both kills and assists that I completely stopped playing air RB. It's not worth the aggravation. I play War Thunder to have fun and decompress at the end of the day. Getting worked up over getting screwed over by the game works contrary to that. So I've been going over to ground more and also checking out naval a bit. I might play air arcade for operation winter, but that's about it. Not going back to air RB until they fix this issue.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, Geyser_Soze said:

It's not worth the aggravation. I play War Thunder to have fun and decompress at the end of the day. Getting worked up over getting screwed over by the game works contrary to that.

I 100% agree and relate to these sentiments. For me, high repair costs at high tier has driven me out of playing, but it didn’t make me switch modes, it made me put the game down for the day.

Higher cases of kills not counting only adds to this “I quit & walk away” frustration. 

medal medal

The whole kill crediting system is absolutely broken. I just had a match where I was deliberately rammed by a friendly bomber. I didn't fire a single shot at him, but the game for some reason gave me the "kill". Now I have to pay repairs as well as the SL fine, just because some loser was mad I "stole his base" and decided to crash into me.

This is unacceptable. Fix your game, Gaijin :facepalm:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

It totally happened to me last night on Ground RB!

Scored a couple of small hits, plane flew into a hill somewhere across Karelia, and all that happened was a vehicle crash notification from the server. Hasn't happened every time, though. Tagged a Yak the same night without causing any major damage and still got the kill when he smashed into the buildings behind me in Sweden. Maybe it's a distance thing?

Edited by pandovian
typo, spacing

Honestly it's almost like Gaijin tries to think of ways to get people to stop playing air RB. 

"People like the bit of realism in the axis vs allies teams!" "They do? MIX IT UP, JAPAN WITH US NOW"

"Having a lot of time before the match ends gives players time to play the objective and win if the last enemy space climbs" "Oh? We can't have space climbers losing matches. 25 minutes!"

"You know what, people are still playing it for some reason. Stop giving them credit when they kill enemies, that should do it."

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 9
medal medal medal

8 minutes ago, Elevencobi said:

Honestly it's almost like Gaijin tries to think of ways to get people to stop playing air RB. 

"People like the bit of realism in the axis vs allies teams!" "They do? MIX IT UP, JAPAN WITH US NOW"

"Having a lot of time before the match ends gives players time to play the objective and win if the last enemy space climbs" "Oh? We can't have space climbers losing matches. 25 minutes!"

"You know what, people are still playing it for some reason. Stop giving them credit when they kill enemies, that should do it."

I would like to give you a thanks reaction, but ran out already for today. I effing hate these, on the surface small, dumb idiotic changes, but they are the main reasons I care less about this game now than ever before. I'm also not putting any more money into this game, and just leech of the GJN I have accumulated, once that's used up that is it, if that means missing out on event vehicles well then I start having bigger and bigger holes in my collection and the bigger they are the less inclined I am to continue with this game.

Best regards,

Phil

• Upvote 6
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 16/12/2020 at 14:03, Target1331 said:

I would like to give you a thanks reaction, but ran out already for today. I effing hate these, on the surface small, dumb idiotic changes, but they are the main reasons I care less about this game now than ever before. I'm also not putting any more money into this game, and just leech of the GJN I have accumulated, once that's used up that is it, if that means missing out on event vehicles well then I start having bigger and bigger holes in my collection and the bigger they are the less inclined I am to continue with this game.

Best regards,

Phil

I had been paying since February 2013, and I stopped paying in January 2018 for the same reasons. Sad to say it's only gotten worse since. My decision alone won't affect Gaijin as there will always be more fools and whales to take the place of the money I would've spent, but it's a matter of principle.

Edited by Elevencobi
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal

Well there are 2 events going on, did you think for even a second gaijin wouldn't tilt the playing field to their side???...They changed the awards, to make it extremely hard to get the Survivor Award now because it is one of the repeating tasks for each event...If they can deny kills because the planes you killed hit the ground then that just means they have to give out less...

medal

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/12/2020 at 19:51, Elevencobi said:

Those things definetly making me consider to leave the game for good. Air rb became extremly frustrating to play.

• Upvote 1

This is intentional because of the ongoing event, wake up people.

Same thing with assists in GF RB there was a time that arty tagging an enemy who was subsequently killed within in short period of time counted as an assist but of late you need to take a crew member out to claim an assist or damage the vehicle who is then killed before repairs.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 01/01/2021 at 18:33, [email protected] said:

This is intentional because of the ongoing event, wake up people.

Same thing with assists in GF RB there was a time that arty tagging an enemy who was subsequently killed within in short period of time counted as an assist but of late you need to take a crew member out to claim an assist or damage the vehicle who is then killed before repairs.

This issue predates most of the events. They changed kill crediting system long time ago and since new power update it got worse (might be something with new plane physics and whatnot).

Also assist system was heavily abusable in GF before nerfs, you could look at someone and get an assist if he died 10 minutes later.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

It’s the same in air Sim and Sim combined battles. Kill often counted as a crash. 

Has been like this since the “New Power” update. 

They have fixed almost none of the bugs I noticed after the “New Power” update. Were obviously too busy cranking out “Hot Tracks” before Christmas.

medal

5 hours ago, Drusas said:

It’s the same in air Sim and Sim combined battles. Kill often counted as a crash.

They have fixed almost none of the bugs I noticed after the “New Power” update. Were obviously too busy cranking out “Hot Tracks” before Christmas.

Exactly, same in AB.

Today two games where I had 12 kills, in both my 12th kill was a control surface destruction leading to a crash. Winter event 12kill count: not validated in both case.

I start to think this is a voluntary design flaw...

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

8 hours ago, Drusas said:

Absolutely. I still find bombs inside my tank on a regular basis. Seriously pisses me off.

Not to mention all the odd low level cable cutters,

planes declared dead while still usable,

magic ping pong bullets, magic armors (take 186mm to the face,no, nothing, didn't exist),

green zone but no, red zones but yes.... hey wait what? 

Plane kills that turn out to be assists while the guy is still totaly flying normaly ( mostly BF109s).... duuuuuuuuh

Artys that destroy almost automaticly tracks on some tank series.

Lock on unlocking in some wierd conditions.

Why are we surprised that the kill conditions get a bit bizarre too? :lol2: :facepalm:

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Same issue on console too which makes it harder to get a kill when there are people who always target console players on air rb -_- not to mention how the spotting system is always being dumb to add on to it and in other modes vehicles phase in and out of existence or parts of their vehicle are invisible.

On 04/01/2021 at 07:10, Drusas said:

Talk about bugs and look how many bug reports are from console players and you will see a lot 

Edited by [email protected]
medal medal medal medal