Australian M1A1 Abrams

On 23/12/2020 at 01:34, NoblemanSwerve said:

Funnily enough there's more of an argument to stuff the T-80U in the British tech tree than the Aussie M1A1. Unlike the latter, British servicemen actually operated the former.

Some British crewman in a T-80UD.

EYYIGY1X0AUwBDb?format=jpg&name=4096x409

To be clear, this is not a photo of the tank Britain purchased, instead they are using the tank during a good will exercise in the mid-90s.

Edited by Jackvony
medal medal medal medal

On 12/12/2020 at 15:33, NoodleCup31 said:

The possibility of that happening is nigh zero.

Otherwise they would also have gotten the C2A1, commonwealth is not really an argument.

The Rooikat went to Britain because they needed mobility.

It generally does not make sense because these countries purchased these vehicles and modifications. They usually have nothing to do with the development of them. Canada literally ordered everything from KMW.

2 hours ago, WolfFang2003 said:

It generally does not make sense because these countries purchased these vehicles and modifications. They usually have nothing to do with the development of them. Canada literally ordered everything from KMW.

so germany has bmp and us vehicles that they had nothing to do with the development either

Even if we got the t80u it would be crap like the rest of the British representations that Gaijin has put forward

Edited by moz2003
medal medal

Anyway :
image.thumb.png.8f05c96814e83af9882788f7

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 22/12/2020 at 16:21, moz2003 said:

why shouldn't they? all part of the British commonwealth and all. I mean the Germans have west and east German gear so why not? It would allow for more gear for the UK tech tree

Because the British tree in game is NOT a commonwealth tree.

This has been officially confirmed.

If an Australian Abrams was to make its way into the game it would go to the US, period.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

23 hours ago, moz2003 said:

so germany has bmp and us vehicles that they had nothing to do with the development either

Even if we got the t80u it would be crap like the rest of the British representations that Gaijin has put forward

Yeah, I wouldn't care if Gaijn got rid of them... I would rather have E series vehicles and more leopards. More German jets would be preferable too, but Gaijn doesn't want to look into any of the German prototypes even if they were built.

23 hours ago, moz2003 said:

But they were used by their respective part of Germany (USSR vehicles were also used after reunification in the Bundeswehr mind you)

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Australian Ambrams would go to USA.

It's an american vehicle and it doesn't have any connection with GB other than an alliance that isn't represented in-game when it comes down to not native vehicles.

The Rooikat is in the UK TT because they needed something mobile and the Rooikat was a native vehicle that didn't had any connection to any other nation.

Gaijin already stated a lot of times that they give priority to the origin of the technology of the machines, the C2A1 is a good example.

IF the C2A1 was a totally native machine it would've probably went to the UK TT but it's entirely made by german engineering so it goes to the german TT.

And no the BMP example is no sense, those vehicles were used by the army so it makes sense to have them in the TT. In most of the occasion the TTs are composed by the combination of the vehicles locally produced and those used by the army.

Edited by spacesoldier117
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

13 hours ago, WolfFang2003 said:

Yeah, I wouldn't care if Gaijn got rid of them... I would rather have E series vehicles and more leopards. More German jets would be preferable too, but Gaijn doesn't want to look into any of the German prototypes even if they were built.

No thanks I don't like copy and paste either but I still prefer it over paper stuff. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Well I wish but it has little reason to go to UK, since there is a USA tree.

Of course, this doesn't change the fact that UK is badly in need of more mobile vehicles at top tier. The Challenger 2E is a natural choice, as well as the Challenger 1 Falcon of Jordan.

It shaves weight by using a tiny unmanned turret with autoloader, plus having a CITV thermal. Reload is slightly slower, but the gun is Swiss RUAG 120mm L/50 smoothbore which should be quite capable. AP should be DM33 and up?

Edited by Loongsheep
medal medal medal

The British tree doesn't need tanks from other nations. What we need is to have the current, home grown tanks fixed! Missing armour, missing ammo, bugs. If Gaijin gave a damn about the British tree, we'd have competitive kit.

medal medal

5 hours ago, Fallenkezef said:

The British tree doesn't need tanks from other nations. What we need is to have the current, home grown tanks fixed! Missing armour, missing ammo, bugs. If Gaijin gave a damn about the British tree, we'd have competitive kit.

Ha Ha fix the tech tree that won't happen. This is why people are going for common wealth vehicle as they can't mess them up if they are already in game as that would screw the other tech trees-

• Upvote 1
medal medal

• 1 month later...

But voila! Britain has become the Commonwealth Tree.

Canadian C2A1 is not used in Germany, but is in Germany

Austria and Poland are still Nazi German territories.

Even the American-made F5 fighters have not been added to the United States as in history as export equipment.

Of course, Canada is related to the United States, the United Kingdom and Germany when all the equipment in War Thunder is calculated.
Same for Australia

As we all know, War Thunder does not add any captive vehicles to the Anglo-Saxons of the United States and the United Kingdom.

So anything that isn't their technology won't be added unless we keep asking for it.

medal medal medal

37 minutes ago, Kings_Guards said:

Anglo-Saxons of the United States and the United Kingdom.

Think you will find the Anglo-Saxons lose their claim after 1066... Last invasion and "restructuring of British Isles" was the Normans, not the Anglo-Saxons (as a Anglo-Saxon surnamed individual).

For clarity of correctness.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 1 month later...

afaik the Australian M1A1 uses a British made armour package instead of the usual DU inserts because we don't use DU at all in warfare. We also use German DM33 and DM53(?) instead of the DU M829A1/2

also as an Aussie I do not want to see the Ausse M1A1 in the American tree

if it can't go in the British tree, I'd honestly prefer it doesn't get added

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

13 hours ago, GoddePro said:

afaik the Australian M1A1 uses a British made armour package instead of the usual DU inserts because we don't use DU at all in warfare. We also use German DM33 and DM53(?) instead of the DU M829A1/2

also as an Aussie I do not want to see the Ausse M1A1 in the American tree

if it can't go in the British tree, I'd honestly prefer it doesn't get added

The M1A1 AIM's Australia have are refurbished to "like-new" status from older M1A1s.

The armor is just a non DU composite the US made "2.38 Defence has chosen to specify that there should be no depleted
uranium in the tanks destined for Australia. In this regard, the US Government
manufactures an alternate, comparable armour choice for ABRAMS tanks,
which does not rely on depleted uranium." (some audit report australia published about defence procurement)

The US sells their own tungsten based 120mm ammo being the KE-W rounds, performing equal to the M829 counterparts or even superior, this was likely the choice but the audit report on the M1A1 AIM's australia bought did not mention anything.

Edited by Korvetten
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal