Australian M1A1 Abrams

I've been thinking about making a suggestion for the UK tree to receive the Australian M1A1 Abrams. The tech tree already features commonwealth vehicles, such as the Rooikat, so this wouldn't be something we haven't seen before. Balance would likely not be affected too much, as the US and UK never fight each other. This means that its only possible for M1A1s to go up against each other in mixed, and that case would result in the American variants doing the same- again, something we have seen before. The countries the vehicle would face already have experience fighting the Abrams family.

I want to hear your guys' thoughts, as I feel like a new MBT should be added to flush out Britain's aged and mediocre top tier lineup.

• Confused 2
medal medal medal

The possibility of that happening is nigh zero.

Otherwise they would also have gotten the C2A1, commonwealth is not really an argument.

The Rooikat went to Britain because they needed mobility.

• Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

From the creators of "shermans for every tech tree" and "thunderbolts for every tech tree", we introduce to you "abrams for every tech tree"

No thanks, there is quite enough of american vehicles in other nations at the moment

Canadian leopards on the other hand would be a much more interesting addition in the british tech tree

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 6

Noodle's got the right of it, infusing tech trees with vehicles of other nations is really there to plug gaps where domestic manufacturing never supplied anything. Besides, if you want a mobile 10.7 to add to the Brits, there already exists a domestic option in the Challenger 2E, which sports a 1,500hp powerpack and a CITV. Give that thing L27A1, fix the ammunition stowage bug, and you'll have yourself a decently competitive vehicle for top tier without having to grab MBT's from the Aussies of the Canadians. 

19 hours ago, NoblemanSwerve said:

Noodle's got the right of it, infusing tech trees with vehicles of other nations is really there to plug gaps where domestic manufacturing never supplied anything. Besides, if you want a mobile 10.7 to add to the Brits, there already exists a domestic option in the Challenger 2E, which sports a 1,500hp powerpack and a CITV. Give that thing L27A1, fix the ammunition stowage bug, and you'll have yourself a decently competitive vehicle for top tier without having to grab MBT's from the Aussies of the Canadians. 

Also make L27 perform as it should and it'd help. Even L26 is supposed to be better than L27 is in game right now.

• Upvote 3
medal

Nope. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

9 hours ago, Lukkyb said:

but why

because Britain is already permanently paired with USA at that br and they team composition will be entirely variants of the Abrams. why make top tier allied less varied? there are plenty of native designs for Britain left to make a good unique lineup.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Royal_Jellybags said:

because Britain is already permanently paired with USA at that br and they team composition will be entirely variants of the Abrams. why make top tier allied less varied? there are plenty of native designs for Britain left to make a good unique lineup.

fair point 

1 hour ago, Royal_Jellybags said:

But who knows, maybe an australian abrams premium in the USA tech tree is a more viable option?

Add it to fill some gaps would be more of an option for the uk tech tree but, wont happen as its not british

medal medal

I'd rather they focus on fixing the stuff in the British tree like HESH and the Challies than giving us export vehicles belonging to allied nations.

Also while all the DOMESTICLY built Canadian and Aussie tanks should be at home in the British tree such as the Ram, Sentinel and maybe Sexton one day, these modern tanks such as the Canadian Leos and Aussie Abrams shouldn't really be i  the British tree.

medal medal

Honestly i'd have no issue with Canadian / Aussie / Kiwi / S. African stuff in the tech tree for full commonwealth representation in WT. We've already received the Canadian ADATS, And given how Britian is mostly fighting along side the US, And the rest of the commonwealth has alot of American equipment, Atleast the 'copy paste' is limited to a 'single side' if that makes sense?. Like, for example I would be happy with Britain getting an Australian Abroomz, But i would be unhappy if we got the Canadian MEXAS Leopard. I don't like it when people have to fight against copy and pastes of their own equipment, but if its all on the same side ingame who really cares? Even though Britain and the US are different nations they're still the same team. 

There would only really be issues created if the US and Britain stopped playing together and started fighting each other, But these two as allies on the same team has basically always been a thing and likely always will be. If Gaijin started giving Britain alot of American export commonwealth vehicles i think they'd have to permanently lock the US / Britain as allies ingame indefinitely 

Edited by TheAceOfAces
medal

Pros:

- Aussies get their thing

- British/Commonwealth tree gets more MBT variety

- It would be easy to implement

- Since the UK always fights allied with the US anyway it wouldn't create the "clone fights" issue

Cons:

- If US and UK ever weren't allied, it would create clone fights

- It's not really much different in any significant way from the US ones

- It sets a dodgy precident (Since then the UK could technically get Leo2, T-90 etc by the same logic)

Ultimately, the pros are quite minor, but the cons are quite major.

medal

12 hours ago, TheFuzzieOne said:

Pros:

- Aussies get their thing

- British/Commonwealth tree gets more MBT variety

- It would be easy to implement

- Since the UK always fights allied with the US anyway it wouldn't create the "clone fights" issue

Cons:

- If US and UK ever weren't allied, it would create clone fights

- It's not really much different in any significant way from the US ones

- It sets a dodgy precident (Since then the UK could technically get Leo2, T-90 etc by the same logic)

Ultimately, the pros are quite minor, but the cons are quite major.

why shouldn't they? all part of the British commonwealth and all. I mean the Germans have west and east German gear so why not? It would allow for more gear for the UK tech tree

Edited by moz2003
medal medal

4 hours ago, moz2003 said:

why shouldn't they? all part of the British commonwealth and all. I mean the Germans have west and east German gear so why not? It would allow for more gear for the UK tech tree

Because "muh commonwealth" shouldn't be used to add vehicles to the british tree that britain had nothing to do with. 

The M1A1 is a tank fully designed and produced by the US and unless britain suddenly adopts the Abrams in their army they have no right to ask for one in their tree imo. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, __Renzo__ said:

Because "muh commonwealth" shouldn't be used to add vehicles to the british tree that britain had nothing to do with. 

The M1A1 is a tank fully designed and produced by the US and unless britain suddenly adopts the Abrams in their army they have no right to ask for one in their tree imo. 

Then they need to fix the tree that is present

medal medal

Funnily enough there's more of an argument to stuff the T-80U in the British tech tree than the Aussie M1A1. Unlike the latter, British servicemen actually operated the former.

3 hours ago, NoblemanSwerve said:

Funnily enough there's more of an argument to stuff the T-80U in the British tech tree than the Aussie M1A1. Unlike the latter, British servicemen actually operated the former.

wasnt the T-80U bought through weird and wacky means?