Planned economy changes

cover_facebook_answers_developers_07a5fc

Planned Economy changes - December 2020

To open the Economy list in a new tab, click here!

• Stormer HVM moved to Rank VI
  • ZSD63 Moved to Rank III

Thanks!

The War Thunder Team

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 18

B-57A from 24k SL to 28k?

Why? Why move it to 8.0 AND increase its repair cost?

F-4E going down is very nice, but MiG-21bis to 16820?!

That is way too much! Spaded it will probably be 25k or something.

BR 11.0 when?

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

Strv 122A is still too high.

Strv 122B PLSS is getting way too high.

Strv 121 is still 3 times more expensive than the identical Leopard 2A4.

Leopard 2A6 is going way too high.

Leoprd 2A5’s reduction is minimal.

Do you think this is going to change how they perform? No. You are only ruining their players’ experience.

Meanwhile, T-72B3, T-80U and T-90A are all getting their repair costs reduced.

THIS IS NOT THE WAY.

Russian tanks getting lower costs is fine, but there is NO need to increase NATO repair costs.

For just a few tanks you happened to introduce with reasonable repair costs, and you had to increase them to absurd values.

Reducing repair costs was the way of making War Thunder more enjoyable.

Not increasing them.

When will you stop “balancing” vehicles by making them less enjoyable for the people who have spent time, effort and money to get them?

Everytime repair costs are increased, it feels like Gaijin is actively attempting to murder their game by making it unplayable.

———————————————

30,000 SL repair costs for battleships... Jesus...

THIS IS NOT THE WAY!

Making Battleships unprofitable is not going to make them more balanced facing destroyers and light cruisers!!!!

People has spent money getting Battleships. Real money.
People has spent days of grind to get Battleships.
THIS IS UNDESERVED AND UNFAIR.

Making Battleship players suffer is not going to make destroyer players stop suffering from them!!!!

Edited by SPANISH_AVENGER
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 28
medal medal medal medal medal

All battleships/dreadnoughts are getting somewhere between +20k and +31k repair costs increase. Hmmm maybe increase BR, I wonder why their statistics are high (because they are annihilating every other possible ship). There is no incentive to grind end of the line BBs/dreadnoughts now, as after one death you get punished. Consider normal repair cost adjustments, thanks in advance. And I just noticed that you are lowering income modifiers as well. Can you gives give an answer to this (and please not a robot answer like "our statistics suggest..")? Human answer would be nice for a change. 

Edited by ElenaKoshka
I looked at more values
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 11
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Riddle me this...

FlaRakRad from 3380 to 13130, are you for real? Well, back to FlaRakPz 1 and still poop on bad Ka-52 pilots and also having traction/torque, because FlaRakRad torque/mobility is abysmal in this game whereas it is really good IRL ...

T-80U from 8100 to 7000

T-72B3 from 4680 to 3300

T-90A from 3420 to 2740

T-72B 1989 from 9810 to 6200

Ka-52 from 8100 to 7000

Mi-28N from 6150 to 5000

All Russian MBTs getting lowered across the board? Why? Because they don't have 70 to 80% win rate anymore? I find it concerning how fast adjustments are made for Russia (T-72AV new shell it cannot load via autoloader within 24h, T-90A BR lowered within 2 weeks after patch drop) but for other nations it takes forever?!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 26
medal medal medal medal medal

40 minutes ago, Merlin1809 said:

F-4E going down is very nice, but MiG-21bis to 16820?!

That is way too much! Spaded it will probably be 25k or something.

very good. mig 21 bis is absolutely broken now and it completely dominates Phantoms.

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Alright Gaijin, mods, whoever, just explain this to me okay;

FlakRad's repair cost is making a massive jump from 3300 to 13130 which is roughly ~300% of the original cost. I reckon somebody saying Gaijin increased and decreases repair costs by a small % whilst this in fact, is not small at all. Let's not forget how its mobility is still abyssal and the fact Ka-50/52 pilots are usually just too bad to use their helis correctly so they blame SPAA's.

All RU MBTs got a repair cost cut across the board ALONG with the Russian helis having their repair cost also lowered despite how OP they actually are, laughable at least.

First you downtier T-90A in a span of about 2 weeks when it took you guys more than a month to deal with Merkava's situation which was far worse in fact and then T-72AV got a round it can't even fire in real life because of its autoloader limitations... is this supposed to be a joke... Leopard 2A4, M1(105) and many other tanks haven't been given better ammunition after years of community pleas but this premium RU MBT gets a round it wouldn't ever be able to fire because of bad players?

Seriously tell me, why are their repair costs getting lowered, because they don't have 70% win-rate anymore i assume and that's the most likely reason. Instead of lowering/increasing repair cost, the PR guys there at your studio should think a little bit more about reworking the BR system because repair costs only frustrate players and alienate them, it's like you don't even listen to us.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 12
medal

It seems like you do not want Sweden to be playable.

Lvrbv 701 is already unplayable. Now it is more expensive.

Sk 60B, a 7.x plane, is going to cost  23 500  stock.

122B is getting much more expensive, still using only DM33.

Why do you make it difficult to play Sweden..?? Do you not want to sell Swedish premiums? Because few people want to grind Sweden with these over the top ridiculous prices.

The ENTIRE playerbase is asking for lower repair prices. So you turn up repair prices on 96% of vehicles, and adjust down their SL earn rate.. why?

Can a senior dev answer this question? Do you understand the negativity this causes?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 6
medal medal medal

I'm not liking the trend I'm seeing.  We need to have repair costs go down across the board, not up for the most part.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason why a Centurion MK3 is more expensive to repair than a Mk10.  We need repair costs based on Battle Rating only, and straight across the board for every nation (TU-4 is still cheaper than a B-29???).  Reward multipliers going down or being stagnant isn't good either.

• Upvote 7
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I think reducing the multiplier for rewards in all game modes is a bad idea. Making the grind harder overall even if it appears to be a small amount.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 9
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I understand the need for there to be a punishment for poor performances in vehicles, which led to repair costs being used, but this is starting to get increasingly problematic.

As such, there are some serious questions we need to ask, and to be answered regarding repair costs:

1. What statistics go into defining a repair cost. Are there any requirements for repair costs to be increased or decreased such as consistently low player numbers or consistently good results?(If one player plays a vehicle over the course of a year and does very well, and they were the only person who used it, does that increase the cost as an example)
  2. Why does Gaijin feel repair costs increasing to ludicrous numbers is acceptable, rather than changing the BR of the vehicle. The Harrier GR.1 is now up to 17k in repair cost. Whilst some kind of balance is needed for the Harrier, why did Gaijin not choose to raise it's BR? (BRs have their own issues, such as the Hunter still being at 10.0 without any AAMs whilst some 8.7s have AAMs)
  3. Has Gaijin looked into the idea that if repair costs increase, they cripple the player count, as players will not want to continue up that nation if it destroys their SL balance. It's clear people do not buy GE of Premium due to lack of SL, but for lack of RP gains, so why continue to raise repair costs if it doesn't do anything except hurt the playerbase, ESPECIALLY new players.
  4. Why does Gaijin as a company continue to ignore player concerns with high repair SL costs, and has Gaijin considered asking more higher profiled members of the community for solutions that both the company can benefit from, but also that can help solve other problems caused by repair costs (low player counts at certain BRs, lack of diverse vehicle lineups etc).
  5. Why doesn't Gaijin balance SL gains across BRs. 5.0s for example can have SL modifier gains from 750% to 150%. This is not appropriate, and also means SL repair costs cause more problems as people can't economically recover playing game modes. With the current system, and repair costs, it effectively means the game is forcing players to never play tanks or ships if they want to make money - only air gives any real SL reward

These really do need to be answered, because many members of the community are becoming increasingly concerned and frustrated at both their worries being ignored and the game instead implementing changes directly opposed to the health of the game.

Edited by Gentleman_Badger
Added 5th point.
  • Upvote 17
medal medal medal medal

12 minutes ago, DSplayer said:

I think reducing the multiplier for rewards in all game modes is a bad idea. Making the grind harder overall even if it appears to be a small amount.

Not only that, but when you look at the past, some vehicle's rewards go down every patch. Even though its a small margin (0,1 - 0,2), after 5 updates it makes -1. Couple that with gradually increasing repair costs and after half a year your profits may be down by a half, or even more. 

Negative changes don't help and are contraproductive in long term for both playerbase, and the company. 

Edited by Warump
medal medal

33 minutes ago, TyphoonCro said:

I think that raising repair cost of GR.1 is step in right direction

However I think that repair cost should be even higher, given how easy it is to score kills, I think 25,000 seems adequate

At the end of the day it's a premium you should be able to earn money if it's too good up it's BR don't make the repair cost stupid high as well as nerfing the SL mods.

• Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I see a trend of increasing repair costs with rewards being decreased. Please give players a break. I understand repair costs are needed to balance rewards, but there should be a system in place (like a cap) to prevent a runaway chain where high repair costs mean fewer people play that vehicle, restricting it to those who do really well with it, raising repair cost. 

while some repair costs have gone down, unnecessarily high repair costs still exist. If a vehicle I like playing has such a high repair cost, that itself is why I have been playing less. I won’t be “frustrated” into playing MORE games using vehicles I don’t want to play simply to earn SL, but I will walk away from the game more often and for longer. 

• Upvote 1
medal medal