What are the odds Gaijin actually implements an accurate HUD for the A-7D? 

Keep in mind that would require a proper CCIP as well as integrating more specific controls to the Display.

Don't Get me wrong, I think it would be badass; but I know its pretty wishful thinking to believe they'd take the time. 

This is the potential that system has to offer:

Rochester Avionic --- A-7D Corsair II Head-Up Display Symbiology Film

Untitled.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/12/2020 at 16:41, Kernow1346 said:

As above, Jags and Harriers should also have HUD... but, WT seems to be primarily an external view shooter, so what does it matter?

In sim it matters allot. There are many players who are only here for sim to. 

• Upvote 1
medal medal

6 hours ago, SheepDog2142 said:

In sim it matters allot. There are many players who are only here for sim to. 

I know. I’m one.  I never fly AB/AB+ because it’s not flying. However, Gaijin don’t fly sim and seem almost unaware it exists; why would they provide in-cockpit HUDs for point-and-click shooter fans who already have everything displayed for them and how would never handicap their “flying” by getting inside their aircraft?

• Like 1
medal

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RBadek said:

Neither the Bucc, the cockpit sight mode is currently not working, same with the british Phantoms.

Yea I had a look at this when the FGR.2 came out, as I couldn’t believe anyone made an aircraft with a gunsight that doesn’t point where the guns are pointing.... apart, of course, from Gaijoob.

Managed to find the servicing manuals on Avialogs.  Can’t remember all the aiming modes now, but we have the ‘fixed’ mode which was just an aid for AAM use.  It just points straight ahead, but do you really need something to tell you where straight ahead is?  Naturally for a multi-million $ 1960s design, you didn’t just guess where to aim and there was a ‘guns’ mode where the sight predicted where rounds would land when they’d traveled as far as the radar locked target, ie, lock target, put sight on target, fire.  There were also air-to-ground modes for bombs and rockets, IIRC.*. Even if modelling all the modes was too difficult, they could have pointed the gunsight at where rounds would land at the convergence setting (like any other aircraft).

Phantom does get a CCRP.

*Not sure that these modes could be classed as CCIP, but I’ll check the manual if I get time.

Edited by Kernow1346
medal

On 04/01/2021 at 09:51, RBadek said:

Neither the Bucc

Also if you look at the Buccaneer sight you can see the ugly jagged alpha artifacts, it really looks like someone got a sight image from google and used pshop magic wand to remove the background then colorized it all to green. Even WW2 reflector sights were never that ugly.

medal medal medal