[Solved] device.vkWaitForFences Fatal Error during matches

Over half of my matches are crashing with this error. Sometimes I've got some pretty complex stuff happening in the air around me, sometimes I'm just sitting on the runway. I've tried different drivers, windowed and fullscreen. the last two crashes for which I've attached .zip files (with screenshot, .clog and lastCrash files in them) happened in the same match! Also ixni output.

Ubuntu 20.10, 1050 ti 4Gb, i5 (7th gen), 16Gb, Nvidia 455, Ultra low quality.

Is there any other info I can retrieve before I file a bug?

crash-2020-12-07 21-10-06.zip crash-2020-12-07 21-18-38.zip crash-2020-12-07-18-42-09.zip inxi.txt

Edit: I haven't had a crash in many many matches and have even bumped up to low graphics settings without problems.

Edited by SuperElectric38
Solved

Hello @SuperElectric38,

This issue has already been reported and is known. Do you have anything running in the background? For me at least closing Firefox seems to help with the crashing.

• Upvote 1

Just flew two matches with nothing but WT and Steam running. One monitor on, all others disabled in Gnome display-settings. One match was fine the next crashed with the same errors. Played about 1/2 hr apart, with WT running minimized between the two matches. I also have had the crashing while minimized bug before now, but that's different from this, I think.

crash-2020-12-08 19-31-06.zip

@SuperElectric38,

Right, WT seems to have a slight memory leak issue when the game client is minimized so I would suggest avoiding minimizing it for long periods of time for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! I am getting the same error, and it is getting really annoying.

Is there any solution coming anytime soon?

As I see another thread was locked as "solved", but it doesn't seem to be: https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/505581-21046-crashes-during-game-with-vkwaitforfences-fail/

image.thumb.png.677166b7f153254366cd9825

Hello @IKindaShoot, @igorkujavas,

Could you please upload a .clog and .dmp file from the same session in which you get the device.vkWaitForFences() crash? As well as your full system information?