British 7.0 Repair cost

43 minutes ago, DaGreenBolt said:

Completely ignoring that the m47 has -5 degrees gun depression, meanwhile the Centurion mk 3 has -10 degrees gun depression. 

Also obstacles? Please at least show us some obstacles that the m47 can shoot over while the cent mk 3 can't? This is such an irrelevant point as so far there are very few obstacles, if any, that a centurion mk 3 can't look over.

The stabilizer is a huge advantage, you make it seem like its not. I suggest you look at tanks like the m48ga2, amx30 b2, amx 30 brenus, and strv 103C where they dont have stabilizers. Heck look at the stb-1 at 7.7br, its arguable the best 7.7br tank in the game due to have a stabilizer. Honestly if tanks like the Amx 50 is 7.3br, there is no reason why at least the canearvon shouldn't be placed at 7.3br. 

The only two tanks that are going to be hard to pen are the IS3 and Is4M and thats it. The rest of the russian tanks like the T44-100, T54s, and the russian tds are pretty much easy to pen especially with apds. 

is3 isnt hard to kill at all frontally though it can if your unlucky troll a shot. IS4 is bett3er obviously but can kill them in one or 2 shots too unless your super unlucky. (with the 20pdr, i actually find everything is harder to kill with the 105 apds, it bounces off any kind of angled armour)

Edited by Razielkaine
  • Haha 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

For the whole obstacle things there are plenty of examples, rock formations, rubble and small inclines that are greater then the tanks depression that you are unable to shoot over without exposing your lower front plate or side armor which is a death sentence. the STAB is good but a STAB isn't going to instantly make you the best sniper in the game or give you the enemies range and shooting while moving take a lot of practice and constant aim moving. Also for a few of you here saying 'Look at my skills I am good' doesn't mean anything as you are not a new player unlocking it and trying to weight up the cost of even trying to use it if it's going to constantly be bleeding you SL.

You are all making good points but once more you are all taking what I am saying the wrong way. I am not saying the 7.0 line up is bad, nor am I saying other tanks are OP or better. I am trying to point out certain enemies and factors the 7.0 line up faces more regularly now due to the BR increase. Yes the Stab is good, yes the gun depression is good. Yes I think British tanks are very good. That doesn't mean they are un killable though nor are they the only ones with the Sabot round advantage and with most other nations 7.3 line up their are plenty of ways the counter the 7.0 line up.

My point, the entire time has been I DON'T THINK THE immense repair cost of those tanks should be kept now with the BR raise.

Edited by Gdsryrox

7 hours ago, Gdsryrox said:

Also for a few of you here saying 'Look at my skills I am good' doesn't mean anything as

And these used to be all 6.3, I know that's when I spaded mine, and they weren't great back then, pre pen formula, stabs, volumetric, new nations and vehicles.

Best thing to do is view replays of how others make use of the lineup.

However, repair cost being justified by others is just a troll. The whole game is littered with these repair cost fubars, it can remove player numbers from using said vehicles so stats are further deepened by just good players using them, not an average.

I have too much other stuff to get on with than use this lineup, one day I'll have the planes to fit and might engage again... Just 10k to go on the Attacker (and then a lot of grinding due to no ordnance or effective belts till a lot later on!)

Edited by Deranger79
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

9 hours ago, Gdsryrox said:

You are all making good points but once more you are all taking what I am saying the wrong way. I am not saying the 7.0 line up is bad, nor am I saying other tanks are OP or better. I am trying to point out certain enemies and factors the 7.0 line up faces more regularly now due to the BR increase. Yes the Stab is good, yes the gun depression is good. Yes I think British tanks are very good. That doesn't mean they are un killable though nor are they the only ones with the Sabot round advantage and with most other nations 7.3 line up their are plenty of ways the counter the 7.0 line up.

tho they are the only one that have APDS + STAB.

For my part i'll say to move them to 7.3, where they truly belong.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 1
medal

13 hours ago, Gdsryrox said:

the STAB is good but a STAB isn't going to instantly make you the best sniper in the game or give you the enemies range and shooting while moving take a lot of practice and constant aim moving.

I think you are missing the main point of a stabilizer. A stabilizer allows a tank to shoot without waiting for the gun to stabilize when stopping. Every other tank has to stop, and wait for gun to stabilize in order to shoot. The british 7.0br tanks dont get this disadvantage. Yes it take practice shooting on the move, except that at 7.0br shooting on the move isn't what is used often. Shooting on the move becomes prevalent at 8.3br+ where the majority of tanks from that point get access to a stabilizer. 

13 hours ago, Gdsryrox said:

nor are they the only ones with the Sabot round advantage

Then please by all means name me a nation other than Sweden that gets access to APDS starting from 5.3br on their TD, medium, and heavy tanks. 

13 hours ago, Deranger79 said:

However, repair cost being justified by others is just a troll. The whole game is littered with these repair cost fubars, it can remove player numbers from using said vehicles so stats are further deepened by just good players using them, not an average.

Pretty much what happened with the B29, G56, Japanese planes, and the Tu-4.

medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...

So um, I don't remember anyone mentioning the apds goes thru the tiger 2 ufp like butter now.... So when I went back and revisited it I played it like it use to be but with better post pen. Playing it with the knowledge it now does that to the tiger, seems to me 7.0 is ok they just need to lower the repair costs. Old penetration and new postpen would be fine at 6.7 but considering it goes thru tiger 2 upf easily now 7.0 is justified.

Unfortunately as always the germans will probably make a fuss and apds will get nerfed.

Also unfortunate that tempest is less viable in a 7.0 lineup :(

Edited by CookieMonster_24
medal medal

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/12/2020 at 09:56, DaGreenBolt said:

I think you are missing the main point of a stabilizer. A stabilizer allows a tank to shoot without waiting for the gun to stabilize when stopping. Every other tank has to stop, and wait for gun to stabilize in order to shoot. The british 7.0br tanks dont get this disadvantage. Yes it take practice shooting on the move, except that at 7.0br shooting on the move isn't what is used often. Shooting on the move becomes prevalent at 8.3br+ where the majority of tanks from that point get access to a stabilizer. 

Then please by all means name me a nation other than Sweden that gets access to APDS starting from 5.3br on their TD, medium, and heavy tanks. 

Pretty much what happened with the B29, G56, Japanese planes, and the Tu-4.

Welp I'm back from holidays and ready to keep this argument up.

First yes you are correct but due to the nature of their armor pretty much being useless at that BR and the massive ammo rack at the front most people are not going to be brawling with them and will be hull down bush kampong/sniping, in that case moving and getting a shot off without having to wait isn't as much a benefit. Yes it saved me in the past when I've been in CQC on certain maps but if you are 'that' close you can usually blast away no worries. Also if you don't go full pedal to the metal most tanks can keep a very stable aim while moving forwards.

Also I am not sure why you are talking about 5.3 tanks, that has nothing to do with the conversation.

• 1 month later...

Welp congrats, the old good 6.7 line is now at 7.3, now my post makes even more sense cus now there is going to be little differences in the enemies the new line up faces yet the new 7.3 cost waaaaay more then the 7.7 lineup. Resulting in people either going broke fighting tanks that are on the same level as them but less expensive, or player ditching the 7.3 line up to just play the less expensive 7.7 line up. Congrats Gijin, you just nuked the entire British 5.7-7.0 player base, have fun with German win rate skyrocketing.

Edited by Gdsryrox
  • Confused 1

At least now all tree 7.3 Britain can be completely ignored since better, and definitely cheaper, premiums sit at 7.0/7.3 (I'm including the new BP s2 vehicle and the Swedish old premium, which I fortunately have if I want to delve back into 7+ territory).

But now with even more backup potential other nations are going to moan about the number of mediums Britain finally can bring out (cos we can forget the British tree being stretched out 4.0-6.0, just moan at the UK when they finally had something to truly fight back).

Edited by Deranger79
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Not just the premums the entire 7.7 line up is better in almost every single way, from armor, to guns to repair cost. Though it 7.3 being back ups to the 7.7 line will give Britain quite the edge at that BR (if the cost is reduced, the CENTMK3 being almost 14k while my spaghetti M47 is 4k is stupid). 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I just skipped the whole t4-t5 british tree. That's the only way to play UK without premium. Gaijin things...

medal