Jump to content

British 7.0 Repair cost


7 minutes ago, Flak_Dancer said:

Im not spamming nothing but put my results is the best way for close some mouths dont stop repeating in this Forum how bad allies are and suffer when is not true.

but your one person its not like we have 100s of people showing there stats and i mean someone could show them doing well in a tiger 2 or 1 would that mean that they should move up in BRs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like it when people say "Here's how I do" and use it as justification for the BR of a vehicle. Just the other day I got a double ace in the conway in a 8.7 match... The conway... I don't think most would describe the Conway as an effective killer with it's massive reload, lack of ammo, lack of armor, lack of stabilizer, lack of mobility, the fact it's a huge target, etc.

48 minutes ago, Matt_82 said:

 

No mercy from Gaijin this Christmas.

Ouch, I probably contributed to the conway's increase in cost :(

medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lukkyb said:

but your one person its not like we have 100s of people showing there stats and i mean someone could show them doing well in a tiger 2 or 1 would that mean that they should move up in BRs?

Usually i support my own stats with TS and both show how the Brits 7.0 perform extremly well.

1 hour ago, Matt_82 said:

 

No mercy from Gaijin this Christmas.

Caern cost decrease -500 SL :facepalm:

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not denying that the 7.0 line up is still good, at no point have I complained about the BR raise, the point I'm trying to make is that with the BR raise it doesn't need as high a repair cost as most tanks at 7.0 and up have either heat or sabot rounds meaning the only thing the 7.0 line up really has over other tanks is a STAB which I don't think should give the 7.0 line up an extra 6000sl repair cost compared to the other tanks at similar brs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because they were absolute monster before the br change, so their repair cost followed their reputation, and now that they are at 7.0, it's not gonna change because "statistik"

  • Like 1
medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7.0 is very solid BR i recommend trying it again, Conway is good, FV4005 is good til you find some AA or plane, Centurion Mk 3 is excellent. 

 

23 hours ago, CookieMonster_24 said:

Debate all you want about whether or not it's bad but I see it this way: I have every single british ground vehicle unlocked and I refuse to play 9.7-10.7 and 7.0. To me those are the most painful lineups.

 

The exception is the conway but I don't even play that at br 7.0, more like 8.7 XD

 

medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Nakadashi_OG3 said:

These tanks are now facing IS-3, T-54 and the likes

Why are they still expensive?

Because it is still amazing?

 

real talk, how is the t-54 47 a better  tank than caern or cent3? I will wait anxiously for your answers Kappa

 

 

Edited by Daffan
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/12/2020 at 19:23, Gdsryrox said:

With the intro of volumetric shells and bumping up the birts 6.7 line up to 7.0 I've found that the Cent 3, Caernarvon and FV4202 are no longer that great of tanks. Yes they can still kick **** if used right but at the moment they are now average, going up against ATGM light tanks and even more armored heavy tanks. Even on games where I win and get a good amount of kills if I die more then once I usually end up losing a truck load SL. So shouldn't their repair cost, (which they got from being very good at 6.3 back in the days) be removed since they are now no so potent? IF not i feel like this is just going to make grinding the brits tree even harder for new people leading to less allied players.

 

Wow, your going up against ATGM tanks, the worst tanks in the game! I bet if you played 100 battles in 7.0 British and than the BMP-1 you would have 1/3rd the K/D with the BMP.

 

More armoured heavy tanks, that have  -4 gun depression, -4kph reverse and have reloads that range from 30% to 300% longer! Incredible!

 

You have a 2 plane STAB and enemy still don't get one at 7.7 and even 8.0!

 

The cent mk3 is literally a few percentage pts worse in objective stats (or equal if you prefer APCBC option) than cent mk10 and yet is .7 br lower. That is the true crime.

 

 

On 12/12/2020 at 03:18, Lukkyb said:

but your one person its not like we have 100s of people showing there stats and i mean someone could show them doing well in a tiger 2 or 1 would that mean that they should move up in BRs?

 

This is why Thunderskill exists, to get a sample size of over 20,000 or 30,000 for some vehicles.

 

Hmm. Looks like the 7.0 British tanks are still tracking 2.5-3.0 K/D even after the useless BR change (need higher), which is almost DOUBLE tanks like the supposedly OP Ru 251.

 

Sample size? 11000 battles in last 30 days. Eventually the sample size is so high, that there is no plausible excuse for them being so ridiculous stats. "Muh bad players" "muh easy opponents" "Muh xyz" "muh thunderskill fake news" yeah  these only work when sample size is 500.

Edited by Daffan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am yet to play Tier 6 and 7 British tanks, but the 7.0 lineup is definitely the peak of the tree so far. Especially if you have the AVRE.

 

One issue I see being related to both their efficiency and repair costs is that all tanks using the Cent Mk 3 turret got a pretty big buff with volumetric shells. A buff that will instantly disappear once the turret gets volumetric armour and goes back to being easy to pen for almost every gun it faces. And then we will go back to them having great firepower, but meh armour, poor mobility and repair costs that will turn many players away. 

 

And we all know the rabbit hole that increased repair costs leads to.

Edited by SovereignEagle
  • Haha 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daffan said:

Because it is still amazing?

 

real talk, how is the t-54 47 a better  tank than caern or cent3? I will wait anxiously for your answers Kappa

 

 

Because the 47 on a serious note should be dropped to 7.3 with the IS-3 

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok ltes say that the 7.0 lineup moves up again (i dont think it should perosnally) so two questiopns to waht br and if it goes up what goes ebfore it since i dont count the doom barn and the tortosie to be a lineup and the cent mk1 is 5.7 people are having a huge jump and not being able to ease into the ATGM tanks and HEAT-s spam. 

 

i would say wait untill Gajin add new tanks in that gap before moving something up since britiians tree is in a bit of a state beyone the comet.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TwitchyCarlos said:

7.0 is very solid BR i recommend trying it again, Conway is good, FV4005 is good til you find some AA or plane, Centurion Mk 3 is excellent. 

 

 

My most used tank is the fv4202, I did really well with it but it bothered me since I knew if the opposition had good aim I would lose every time hull down. A tiger II can nuke the fv4202's entire crew before the gun is visible. Given the current repair cost and BR I can't be asked to play it in its current state, I played a handful of matches and decided it wasn't enjoyable and didn't yield much profit.

 

I have around 2000 kills with the old 6.7 lineup

medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Daffan said:

Because it is still amazing?

 

real talk, how is the t-54 47 a better  tank than caern or cent3? I will wait anxiously for your answers Kappa

 

 

 

realistically they're not, in game the t-54's had performed little better than they should have. Their 7.7 br is a result of their entire lifetime being trolly thanks to gaijins developing aptitude. Should the T-54 (1947) even be at 7.7 anymore? I dont think so.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CookieMonster_24 said:

My most used tank is the fv4202, I did really well with it but it bothered me since I knew if the opposition had good aim I would lose every time hull down. A tiger II can nuke the fv4202's entire crew before the gun is visible. Given the current repair cost and BR I can't be asked to play it in its current state, I played a handful of matches and decided it wasn't enjoyable and didn't yield much profit.

 

I have around 2000 kills with the old 6.7 lineup

4202 is best in a brawl not hull down. its turret can bounce shots but not as reliable as other brits of its same br.  its better as a brawler when your constantly moving and changing directions.  when you do this the enemy usually panic shoots because they arent stabilized  and your armour is made of very nice angles it will bounce more often then not and thaty even if they beet you to the shot because you dont have to stop to shoot or even aim much either as a centre mass shot will kill a KT.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/12/2020 at 16:57, Daffan said:

 

Wow, your going up against ATGM tanks, the worst tanks in the game! I bet if you played 100 battles in 7.0 British and than the BMP-1 you would have 1/3rd the K/D with the BMP.

 

More armoured heavy tanks, that have  -4 gun depression, -4kph reverse and have reloads that range from 30% to 300% longer! Incredible!

 

You have a 2 plane STAB and enemy still don't get one at 7.7 and even 8.0!

 

The cent mk3 is literally a few percentage pts worse in objective stats (or equal if you prefer APCBC option) than cent mk10 and yet is .7 br lower. That is the true crime.

 

 

 

This is why Thunderskill exists, to get a sample size of over 20,000 or 30,000 for some vehicles.

 

Hmm. Looks like the 7.0 British tanks are still tracking 2.5-3.0 K/D even after the useless BR change (need higher), which is almost DOUBLE tanks like the supposedly OP Ru 251.

 

Sample size? 11000 battles in last 30 days. Eventually the sample size is so high, that there is no plausible excuse for them being so ridiculous stats. "Muh bad players" "muh easy opponents" "Muh xyz" "muh thunderskill fake news" yeah  these only work when sample size is 500.

 

Ah yes the typical 'reeeeeeeeeee STAB automatilay makes every other tank in the game that BR that isn't british baaaaaaaaaaaaaad'. BMPs and other ATGM if used well can be a real menace and just cus a super heavy doesn't have the best depression or reverse doesn't mean they aint a threat. Each tank had their strengths and weaknesses that one must use to get the most out fo their tanks, the italian M47 while not the best armor or good dep had the highst pen at its br and can point and click any British tank out of existence from the other side fo the map. Pointing out the other tanks weakness and then just focusing on the STAB of the brits doesn't mean anything, if that is the case I suppose they should just ban them then, is that what you thinking?

Edited by Gdsryrox
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gdsryrox said:

 

Ah yes the typical 'reeeeeeeeeee STAB automatilay makes every other tank in the game that BR that isn't british baaaaaaaaaaaaaad'. BMPs and other ATGM if used well can be a real menace and just cus a super heavy doesn't have the best depression or reverse doesn't mean they aint a threat. Each tank had their strengths and weaknesses that one must use to get the most out fo their tanks, the italian M47 while not the best armor or good dep had the highst pen at its br and can point and click any British tank out of existence from the other side fo the map. Pointing out the other tanks weakness and then just focusing on the STAB of the brits doesn't mean anything, if that is the case I suppose they should just ban them then, is that what you thinking?

 

A BMP-1 is a "menace" that barely wins engagements against historic opponents or earlier in this game (*Cough* 0.84 global K/D). Hence the battle rating system was born! Too bad it is not utilized properly because the devs have a hard love for high pen rubbish like ATGM (as you do) and not actual usable stats. 

 

We can also make fun scenarios too! A Centurion can fire from behind a hill with -10 and kill the M47 which can't even see or target the Centurion properly, and from across the map with APDS! While on the move! Amazing!

 

Where am I focusing on the STAB? You made a complaint about fighting 'strong' Russian tanks. I listed 4 big reasons why the British 7.0 are better, and there are even more available if you'd like.

 

Why is it that on people's profiles, their British is generally better than RU at this tier? Why does Thunderskill with a sample size of over 50,000 battles per month say that RU sucks at this tier? Why does objective stat-card measuring between tanks always have the British way better? If it wasn't for the fact that RU can flood the map with cheap respawns, huge line-ups and being put on mixed teams they'd lose a lot more -- they already lose a lot at higher tier when it is NATO vs RU (By itself)

 

But go ahead, you are one of the sole reasons I enjoy this forum so much. 

 

 

On 14/12/2020 at 07:00, CookieMonster_24 said:

My most used tank is the fv4202, I did really well with it but it bothered me since I knew if the opposition had good aim I would lose every time hull down. A tiger II can nuke the fv4202's entire crew before the gun is visible. Given the current repair cost and BR I can't be asked to play it in its current state, I played a handful of matches and decided it wasn't enjoyable and didn't yield much profit.

 

I have around 2000 kills with the old 6.7 lineup

 

FV4202 is insanely good but 2H is also as good in rb matches, it's why it has almost a 2.5k/d globally roflmao. 


FV4202 is actually way better IMO, because u can shoot from ridge without having to sit exposed thanks to STAB.

 

I wish I didn't spade all these tanks when they first came out and had a reason to play again, they just got better and better over time. T-54 got mega nerfed, APDS accuracy was fixed (used to whiff like a waffle ball) and APDS dmg buff over 100mm calibre just this year. Back than at launch post-hesh fix it was brutal as APDS did like 1 spall fragment. 

 

 

 

Edited by Daffan
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/12/2020 at 15:17, Daffan said:

 

A BMP-1 is a "menace" that barely wins engagements against historic opponents or earlier in this game (*Cough* 0.84 global K/D). Hence the battle rating system was born! Too bad it is not utilized properly because the devs have a hard love for high pen rubbish like ATGM (as you do) and not actual usable stats. 

 

We can also make fun scenarios too! A Centurion can fire from behind a hill with -10 and kill the M47 which can't even see or target the Centurion properly, and from across the map with APDS! While on the move! Amazing!

 

Where am I focusing on the STAB? You made a complaint about fighting 'strong' Russian tanks. I listed 4 big reasons why the British 7.0 are better, and there are even more available if you'd like.

 

Why is it that on people's profiles, their British is generally better than RU at this tier? Why does Thunderskill with a sample size of over 50,000 battles per month say that RU sucks at this tier? Why does objective stat-card measuring between tanks always have the British way better? If it wasn't for the fact that RU can flood the map with cheap respawns, huge line-ups and being put on mixed teams they'd lose a lot more -- they already lose a lot at higher tier when it is NATO vs RU (By itself)

 

But go ahead, you are one of the sole reasons I enjoy this forum so much. 

 

First Russia isn't the only country with ATGMs at that tier Germany and Italian have their own and that is also discounting their own little/light vehicles that you need to watch out for. Secondly you focused on the STAB by saying 'You have a 2 plane STAB and enemy still don't get one at 7.7 and even 8.0!' others here seem to make that a main point, as for your two scenarios we can go back and forth all day. Like a cent 3 unable to peak over a non climbable obstacle due to it's low profile but the M47 able to shoot over it no worries, but I have a feeling neither of us want to talk about this. Thirdly I never 'complained' about Russian tanks, what I said is they are not so easy to pen compared to a Tiger 2 and 6.7 tanks that you used to face all the time. What I find strange is that you think I'm complaining and being all winney but all I'm trying to ask people is the 40000SL repair cost at the end of every battle now that 6.7 lineup has been moved against should still be in effect. A repair cost that mainly came about due to the tanks original lower BRs and WHILE still very good at their current teir are not the wonder weapons that can just wipe entire teams without having to fear anything in return.

Edited by Gdsryrox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Gdsryrox said:

 

First Russia isn't the only country with ATGMs at that tier Germany and Italian have their own and that is also discounting their own little/light vehicles that you need to watch out for.

 

 

So why don't you mention those useless vehicles as well? 

 

15 hours ago, Gdsryrox said:

 

 

Secondly you focused on the STAB by saying 'You have a 2 plane STAB and enemy still don't get one at 7.7 and even 8.0!' others here seem to make that a main point, as for your two scenarios we can go back and forth all day.

 

Yet in same post, right above that, listed many other things first.

 

 

15 hours ago, Gdsryrox said:

 

 

 

Like a cent 3 unable to peak over a non climbable obstacle due to it's low profile but the M47 able to shoot over it no worries,

 

 

Fake news. 

 

15 hours ago, Gdsryrox said:

 

 

 

but I have a feeling neither of us want to talk about this.

 

 

I enjoy this.

 

 

15 hours ago, Gdsryrox said:

 

 

Thirdly I never 'complained' about Russian tanks, what I said is they are not so easy to pen compared to a Tiger 2 and 6.7 tanks that you used to face all the time. What I find strange is that you think I'm complaining and being all winney but all I'm trying to ask people is the 40000SL repair cost at the end of every battle now that 6.7 lineup has been moved against should still be in effect. A repair cost that mainly came about due to the tanks original lower BRs and WHILE still very good at their current teir are not the wonder weapons that can just wipe entire teams without having to fear anything in return.

 

And I alrdy said it's because its so good, u should be thanking them they aren't higher br

 

 

  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2020 at 19:11, Gdsryrox said:

Considering that I had the game in 2016 and have been playing Britain for a very long time your are just making **** up and though AP rounds are yes much better you still have to learn the insides of preety much any axis vehicle to get consistent one shot which takes time unlike most German tanks where it's point and click. Also yes that is the whole point of this thread I am not trying to argue if british tanks are **** and need a buff I am saying SINCE the 6.7 line up is now at 7.0 it doesn't need as high a repair cost that was given to them because they kept dunking on anything at 6.3.

 

I think the 7.0 line up is good and fun to use, I just don't want to be paying 40000sl at the end of each map cus news flash I'm not a MLG gamer pro massive sqaud seal clubber legend player who can get 10 kills per match and not die once.

I had this game in January 2016, and my first nation I played in tanks and aircraft was literally the British tech tree. Stop at rank 5 for british tanks once i got the centurion mk 10. Also how am I making **** up when A. Again they were majorly buffed due to the french, like you can easily one shot tigers and now easily one shot tiger 2s (ammo in back which the AP rounds can ignite by going though the front of turret face compared to aphe). B. British AP rounds also got buffed in penetration due to the penetration formula changes ( from 57mm to the 94mm cannon). And now C.  APHE rn is better in one shoting potential, but they lack penetration power and muzzle velocity compared to AP rounds. 

 

Yeah the repair costs of the 7.0br british lineup should be lowered. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/12/2020 at 00:46, Gdsryrox said:

Like a cent 3 unable to peak over a non climbable obstacle due to it's low profile but the M47 able to shoot over it no worries, but I have a feeling neither of us want to talk about this.

Completely ignoring that the m47 has -5 degrees gun depression, meanwhile the Centurion mk 3 has -10 degrees gun depression. 

 

Also obstacles? Please at least show us some obstacles that the m47 can shoot over while the cent mk 3 can't? This is such an irrelevant point as so far there are very few obstacles, if any, that a centurion mk 3 can't look over.

On 16/12/2020 at 00:46, Gdsryrox said:

Secondly you focused on the STAB by saying 'You have a 2 plane STAB and enemy still don't get one at 7.7 and even 8.0!' others here seem to make that a main point, as for your two scenarios we can go back and forth all day.

The stabilizer is a huge advantage, you make it seem like its not. I suggest you look at tanks like the m48ga2, amx30 b2, amx 30 brenus, and strv 103C where they dont have stabilizers. Heck look at the stb-1 at 7.7br, its arguable the best 7.7br tank in the game due to have a stabilizer. Honestly if tanks like the Amx 50 is 7.3br, there is no reason why at least the canearvon shouldn't be placed at 7.3br. 

 

On 16/12/2020 at 00:46, Gdsryrox said:

Thirdly I never 'complained' about Russian tanks, what I said is they are not so easy to pen compared to a Tiger 2 and 6.7 tanks that you used to face all the time.

The only two tanks that are going to be hard to pen are the IS3 and Is4M and thats it. The rest of the russian tanks like the T44-100, T54s, and the russian tds are pretty much easy to pen especially with apds. 

  • Haha 1
medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...