British 7.0 Repair cost

21 minutes ago, NoodleCup31 said:

Because it doesn't have a lineup and nobody plays Japan?

You missed my point, basically was calling out that the argument "if the caren is so good why arent teams filled with them like you gte with tigers and Leos?" and basically I added an explanation below. I suggest you reread my post.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

I still think 7.0 is bad, on the other hand I went and played 5.7 and they definitely buffed the APDS post pen on the 76mm (Challenger and Centurion). I had a nice 27-1 streak over the course of 3 matches. I would definitely recommend the centurion mk1 at this time, strong with a reasonable repair cost. Plus the matchmaker was spitting out good maps for once. It's still a lot of uptiers but it was mostly 5.3-6.3 matches which are very tolerable.

So right now the conway and centurion mk1 are mega fun, in my opinion of course. I would stay away from the other tanks at 7.0, a bad match would be a huge SL loss. If I wasn't trying to make money to buy the Phantom FG1 and Scimitar I would take them out for multiple matches to see if they got a post pen buff similar to the cent mk1.

As for making money, I haven't played 7.0 much since it moved from 6.7 and every time I do I end up uptiered to 8.0 so I avoid it. Anyways, I can get 4 kills with the chieftain to 1 death and still lose money. My chieftain mk5 stats are above 3.0 kd iirc and I think I have a net loss.

Edited by CookieMonster_24
medal medal

30 minutes ago, CookieMonster_24 said:

I still think 7.0 is bad

Is far from bad, for example in the last 31 battles obtain 26 victories and only 5 defeats with 24 deaths and 104 kills. Im using this lineup for Battle pass task and is very fun.

32 minutes ago, CookieMonster_24 said:

I would definitely recommend the centurion mk1

Totally agree, this tank is brutal can oneshot Tigers and Panthers from the front at range and after "Volumetric Chnages" he LWP weakspot is stronger. Porbably the only cons is the lack of proper lineup maybe Gaijin one day can add the Cent 1 version with 20mm gun or another similar variant.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

10 hours ago, Flak_Dancer said:

Well, is not only my stats TS sit Brits 7.0 over 70% win ratio. Their high repair cost is compensated by the high chance of win.

The last time the Tiger 2H club allies 5.7 was in 2016??? right now US/UK between 5.7 to 6.3 have average 58% win ratio meanwhile the super germans clubbers are in 40%.

6.0 to 7.7 is completely dominated for the allies since 3 years ago or more.

Not sure why you are equating win rates to how good a tank is, just cus their team loses doesn't mean there isn't some German player in a tiger 2 going driving around in a 5.3 game clapping the **** cheeks of any allied tank they come across and only lose cus of cap points. Using win rates to justify tank repair cost/how good it is i quite silly as it ignores the teamwork/skill of both teams. This isn't really helped since a lot of german players are usually newer compared to British and some American players since they probably hear about German tanks from some history channel or vidoe and want to grind them up first. 

Though once again I have to say my whole argument isn't  which tank is better and who wins what. It's that since the 6.7 line up is now 7.0 is doesn't need as high repair coast MORE SO, when the 7.7 line up is cheaper and faces the same enemies.

Edited by Gdsryrox
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Gdsryrox said:

Not sure why you are equating win rates to how good a tank is, just cus their team loses doesn't mean there isn't some German player in a tiger 2 going driving around in a 5.3 game clapping the **** cheeks of any allied tank they come across and only lose cus of cap points. Using win rates to justify tank repair cost/how good it is i quite silly as it ignores the teamwork/skill of both teams. This isn't really helped since a lot of german players are usually newer compared to British and some American players since they probably hear about German tanks from some history channel or vidoe and want to grind them up first. 

Though once again I have to say my whole argument isn't  which tank is better and who wins what. It's that since the 6.7 line up is now 7.0 is doesn't need as high repair coast MORE SO, when the 7.7 line up is cheaper and faces the same enemies.

7.0 has made almost no change to the old 6.7 lineup.  And no 7.7 doesn't face the same enemies. 7.7 faces 8.3 and 8.7 both are full of tanks with stabilisers and apfsds. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Gdsryrox said:

This isn't really helped since a lot of german players are usually newer compared to British and some American players since they probably hear about German tanks from some history channel or vidoe and want to grind them up first.

You got proof for that? Cause so far I see the same with Allied players, but the difference is that allied players have access to more mobile tanks compared to tanks in the German tech tree until 8.0br+

Edited by DaGreenBolt

1 hour ago, Razielkaine said:

7.0 has made almost no change to the old 6.7 lineup.  And no 7.7 doesn't face the same enemies. 7.7 faces 8.3 and 8.7 both are full of tanks with stabilisers and apfsds. 

That is just factually wrong, at 7.0 now it is impossible to fight in any 5.7-6.7 games (which is a very popular br) meaning less downteirs, also your argument contradicts itself as you are saying that at 7.0 you are never going to experience any major uptier (though I've personally been upteried into the 8.0 quite often now, something I notice due to the American 8.0 helicopter, T95E1 the German Gepard and Russian object) but then state that if I were to use 7.7 id constantly face 8.7.

7 minutes ago, DaGreenBolt said:

You got proof for that? Cause so far I see the same with Allied players, but the difference is that allied players have access to more mobile tanks compared to tanks in the German tech tree until 8.0br+

Mainly because most people know the British tech tree is much harder to grind and takes more skill being solid shot and takes longer, unlike with the German tech tree you can go from 3.0 straight to 5.3 using the Pz.lll meaning newer players can get to higher brs much faster. Similar with the panthers are their is no 4.7 tank to get through unlike other tech trees.

Edited by Gdsryrox
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Gdsryrox said:

STOP with the stupid meme "german bad players" and "allies superior players" becuase is false. Im main germany and probably i have better results than the most of the teaboos. All nations have bad teams or you think this is a full team of german players playing allied tanks ??:facepalm:

20201207202203-1.jpg

6 hours ago, Gdsryrox said:

That is just factually wrong, at 7.0 now it is impossible to fight in any 5.7-6.7 games (which is a very popular br)

Completely false.

6 hours ago, Gdsryrox said:

Mainly because most people know the British tech tree is much harder to grind and takes more skill

risa.gif

10 hours ago, Gdsryrox said:

German player in a tiger 2 going driving around in a 5.3 game clapping the **** cheeks of any allied tank they come across and only lose cus of cap points

Because the Tiger 2 P is such a clubbing machine yea

Ever heard of the T26?

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

12 minutes ago, NoodleCup31 said:

Because the Tiger 2 P is such a clubbing machine yea

Ever heard of the T26?

But the Tiger 2 P is a better vehicle when compared to the T26 in basically every aspect but turret armor and turret rotation. And it did benefit from volumetric shells as well which helped with that. 

Edited by [email protected]
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, [email protected] said:

But the Tiger 2 P is a better vehicle when compared to the T26 in basically every aspect but turret armor and turret rotation. And it did benefit from volumetric shells as well which helped with that. 

Can confirm, just spaded my Tiger P and M26s weren't that big an issue really. Most of the time I could just click them since their armour levels out in most engagements, and the height of the Tiger lets it fire down through very easily. The only things that caused real problems were facing T-29s and suchlike, but they're well known as potent tanks.

medal

3 minutes ago, TheFuzzieOne said:

Can confirm, just spaded my Tiger P and M26s weren't that big an issue really. Most of the time I could just click them since their armour levels out in most engagements, and the height of the Tiger lets it fire down through very easily. The only things that caused real problems were facing T-29s and suchlike, but they're well known as potent tanks.

T series is always a tough nut. But common sense and they tend to go up in flames. Just have to play it right and not be a stooge. 

medal medal medal medal

11 hours ago, Gdsryrox said:

Mainly because most people know the British tech tree is much harder to grind and takes more skill being solid shot and takes longer

Okay it's pretty obvious you have never played the British before the French came into the game. The British before the French was put into the game needed more skill due to the lack of damage from AP rounds and APDS, but now the british don't need more "skill" to play because AP rounds and APDS were pretty much majorly buffed and deal alot of damage. The introduction of the French tech tree basically buffed AP rounds and made them into very good shells. 

I've played the british at low tier, mid tier and working my way up to high tier and currently they are fine. What the British needs is lower repair costs on the cent mk 3, carenarvon, fv4202, and some planes and jets.

Edited by DaGreenBolt

20 minutes ago, DaGreenBolt said:

but now the british don't need more "skill" to play because AP rounds and APDS were pretty much majorly buffed and deal alot of damage. The introduction of the French tech tree basically buffed AP rounds and made them into very good shells.

They're good but they're not APHE good. They still require more discipline in aiming than APHE rounds IMO.

medal medal medal medal

4 minutes ago, TearsOfTea said:

They're good but they're not APHE good. They still require more discipline in aiming than APHE rounds IMO.

I agree APHE is better to one shot tanks, but they lack penetration power and have lower muzzle velocity as a result, whereas compared to AP rounds has more penetration and higher muzzle velocity but they usually require two shots to take out a tank (except for American AP shells which for some reason has lower penetration compared to their APCBC-He rounds).

I will say that imo, I do feel APHE is slightly stronger, but AP rounds are still very very good. If they modeled APHE right, I believe APHE and AP rounds would be equal. 

14 minutes ago, TearsOfTea said:

Not so much when you know how the shrapnel works. Each nation has its quirks but a frontal hull shot will more often then not one shot if you don't shoot directly into a crewman or a module like transmission. And although the explosive damage of aphe is more forgiving you have lower pen so often need to be jusdgy where to aim while there are very few tanks you cant just point and shoot with british rounds.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 minute ago, DaGreenBolt said:

I agree APHE is better to one shot tanks, but they lack penetration power and have lower muzzle velocity as a result, whereas compared to AP rounds has more penetration and higher muzzle velocity but they usually require two shots to take out a tank (except for American AP shells which for some reason has lower penetration compared to their APCBC-He rounds).

I will say that imo, I do feel APHE is slightly stronger, but AP rounds are still very very good. If they modeled APHE right, I believe APHE and AP rounds would be equal. 

Definitely and although they generally lose penetration and and muzzle velocity, the spherically explosive nature of them allows them to exploit weak spots really well (try making cupola, MG port, transmission housing shots etc with solid shot). This would change of course if, as you say, APHE was modeled correctly.

3 minutes ago, Razielkaine said:

Not so much when you know how the shrapnel works. Each nation has its quirks but a frontal hull shot will more often then not one shot if you don't shoot directly into a crewman or a module like transmission. And although the explosive damage of aphe is more forgiving you have lower pen so often need to be jusdgy where to aim while there are very few tanks you cant just point and shoot with british rounds.

I know, however frontal hull shots aren't always available. Vehicles that are hull-down and only presenting a turret will generally only lose the turret crew and modules from a penetrating solid round. Whereas an APHE can often damage the crew and modules in the hull as well.

A hull-down Cromwell vs hull-down Panzer IV F2 for example. (Just for example - not stating that's how one should play a Cromwell).

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

6 hours ago, Flak_Dancer said:

STOP with the stupid meme "german bad players" and "allies superior players"

I agree, overall pure dog mess is what players appear to be, and that's from a generally average player like me.  I  despair as I personally am not good enough to carry all these teams of garbage, whichever nation.

1 hour ago, TearsOfTea said:

Definitely and although they generally lose penetration and and muzzle velocity, the spherically explosive nature of them allows them to exploit weak spots really well (try making cupola, MG port, transmission housing shots etc with solid shot). This would change of course if, as you say, APHE was modeled correctly.

I know, however frontal hull shots aren't always available. Vehicles that are hull-down and only presenting a turret will generally only lose the turret crew and modules from a penetrating solid round. Whereas an APHE can often damage the crew and modules in the hull as well.

A hull-down Cromwell vs hull-down Panzer IV F2 for example. (Just for example - not stating that's how one should play a Cromwell).

True but the 6pdr in return easily takes out the gunner and breach right through the mantlet while aphe has a good chance of bouncing in return. So though the aphe has its strengths the british pen and reload make up for it.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Razielkaine said:

True but the 6pdr in return easily takes out the gunner and breach right through the mantlet while aphe has a good chance of bouncing in return. So though the aphe has its strengths the british pen and reload make up for it.

I can't say I've ever seen German KwK 40 APHE bounce off a Cromwell's turret. In fact that gun has more penetration than the Cromwell's 6 Pounder even though it fires APHE. So the only advantage I would say for the Cromwell here is reload speed and muzzle velocity.

My point was based on penetrating rounds anyway - of which both tanks are quite capable of achieving against eachother.

medal medal medal medal

On 09/12/2020 at 14:33, Flak_Dancer said:

Totally agree, this tank is brutal can oneshot Tigers and Panthers from the front at range and after "Volumetric Chnages" he LWP weakspot is stronger. Porbably the only cons is the lack of proper lineup maybe Gaijin one day can add the Cent 1 version with 20mm gun or another similar variant.

Another vote of kudos for the Centurion MK. 1.   Whatever has happened to it I hope Gaijin doesn't catch on and "balance" the hell out of it

Edited by Valcour
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Valcour said:

Another vote of kudos for the Centurion MK. 1.   Whatever has happened to it I hope Gaijin doesn't catch on and "balance" the hell out of it

What happened is the APDS post pen now performs as it always should have.

They almost certainly will.

I'm not sure what you guys have against the Tiger IIp, I haven't played it much but I've done very well when I have. American heavies are a problem since I haven't bothered to learn the weakspots, but Tiger IIp can spank and flank with that nice APHE nuke so it isn't so bad.

Edited by CookieMonster_24
  • Like 1
medal medal

15 hours ago, Flak_Dancer said:

STOP with the stupid meme "german bad players" and "allies superior players" becuase is false. Im main germany and probably i have better results than the most of the teaboos. All nations have bad teams or you think this is a full team of german players playing allied tanks ??:facepalm:

Completely false.

I am not saying Germany bad allied auto good, if anything you are by spamming your good games. I'm pointing out that since the German tech tree is faster to grind to 5.3 and you are statically more likely to find newer players driving tiger 1s then it is someone playing a centurion mk1. Also you constantly saying "I'm great look at my skill" doesn't mean jack **** as you are clearly a long time and skilled player with thousands of battles under your belt, not someone still grinding out tanks and learning how to use them. Also you just contradict yourself as you were just raving about win rates not a moment ago which to an extent proves allied teams are either luckier or are slightly more skilled.

Also no you are wrong with the tank line up being 7.0 you are never going to face a 5.7 tanks in a downier anymore unless that tank is their final and last tank after they have died like 4 times. 

10 hours ago, DaGreenBolt said:

Okay it's pretty obvious you have never played the British before the French came into the game. The British before the French was put into the game needed more skill due to the lack of damage from AP rounds and APDS, but now the british don't need more "skill" to play because AP rounds and APDS were pretty much majorly buffed and deal alot of damage. The introduction of the French tech tree basically buffed AP rounds and made them into very good shells. 

I've played the british at low tier, mid tier and working my way up to high tier and currently they are fine. What the British needs is lower repair costs on the cent mk 3, carenarvon, fv4202, and some planes and jets.

Considering that I had the game in 2016 and have been playing Britain for a very long time your are just making **** up and though AP rounds are yes much better you still have to learn the insides of preety much any axis vehicle to get consistent one shot which takes time unlike most German tanks where it's point and click. Also yes that is the whole point of this thread I am not trying to argue if british tanks are **** and need a buff I am saying SINCE the 6.7 line up is now at 7.0 it doesn't need as high a repair cost that was given to them because they kept dunking on anything at 6.3.

I think the 7.0 line up is good and fun to use, I just don't want to be paying 40000sl at the end of each map cus news flash I'm not a MLG gamer pro massive sqaud seal clubber legend player who can get 10 kills per match and not die once.

Edited by Gdsryrox
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

And since no AA really exists for this area in the UK lineup, just like many nations, air vehicles to counter enemy CAS can be ridiculously expensive. 20k not far from stock on some of the worst offenders, for a fighter with minimal loadout when spaded!

Of course, don't crash, get hit, but make sure you land and exchange the vehicle, then you can save yourself a bit.

It is worth considering checking the replays of those linking good results such as Flak. They do have the experience and knowledge, and when someone can consistently show the strengths of vehicles in game how they do it is a great learning tool (if you have the time). Look past the way they are displayed more in a "get good" tone and see them as a great way to learn from one another.

Edited by Deranger79

12 hours ago, Gdsryrox said:

I am not saying Germany bad allied auto good, if anything you are by spamming your good games. I'm pointing out that since the German tech tree is faster to grind to 5.3 and you are statically more likely to find newer players driving tiger 1s then it is someone playing a centurion mk1. Also you constantly saying "I'm great look at my skill" doesn't mean jack **** as you are clearly a long time and skilled player with thousands of battles under your belt, not someone still grinding out tanks and learning how to use them. Also you just contradict yourself as you were just raving about win rates not a moment ago which to an extent proves allied teams are either luckier or are slightly more skilled.

Im not spamming nothing but put my results is the best way for close some mouths dont stop repeating in this Forum how bad allies are and suffer when is not true.