Jump to content

British 7.0 Repair cost


With the intro of volumetric shells and bumping up the birts 6.7 line up to 7.0 I've found that the Cent 3, Caernarvon and FV4202 are no longer that great of tanks. Yes they can still kick **** if used right but at the moment they are now average, going up against ATGM light tanks and even more armored heavy tanks. Even on games where I win and get a good amount of kills if I die more then once I usually end up losing a truck load SL. So shouldn't their repair cost, (which they got from being very good at 6.3 back in the days) be removed since they are now no so potent? IF not i feel like this is just going to make grinding the brits tree even harder for new people leading to less allied players.

  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gdsryrox said:

With the intro of volumetric shells and bumping up the birts 6.7 line up to 7.0 I've found that the Cent 3, Caernarvon and FV4202 are no longer that great of tanks. Yes they can still kick **** if used right but at the moment they are now average, going up against ATGM light tanks and even more armored heavy tanks. Even on games where I win and get a good amount of kills if I die more then once I usually end up losing a truck load SL. So shouldn't their repair cost, (which they got from being very good at 6.3 back in the days) be removed since they are now no so potent? IF not i feel like this is just going to make grinding the brits tree even harder for new people leading to less allied players.

There are only a few new tanks they face mostly just the sidam and centaurs. Both dangerous but easy to kill. There are almost no tanks at 8.0 so almost nothing changed

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Razielkaine said:

There are only a few new tanks they face mostly just the sidam and centaurs. Both dangerous but easy to kill. There are almost no tanks at 8.0 so almost nothing changed

 

There is change, the fact you are facing tanks on a higher br (7.3-7.7) more often now and thus your sabot rounds are not as affective as they are against late ww2 german tanks and the already average armor is less potent. The thing I'm saying is that the current repair costs were their cus the original 6.7 line up curb stomped anything at 6.7 and 6.3, but now with the new br raise they are no longer fighting those tanks and thus I think should get a repair cost more comparable to other 7.3 tanks.

Edited by Gdsryrox
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gdsryrox said:

 

There is change, the fact you are facing tanks on a higher br (7.3-7.7) more often now and thus your sabot rounds are not as affective as they are against late ww2 german tanks and the already average armor is less potent. The thing I'm saying is that the current repair costs were their cus the original 6.7 line up curb stomped anything at 6.7 and 6.3, but now with the new br raise they are no longer fighting those tanks and thus I think should get a repair cost more comparable to other 7.3 tanks.

Not really, the 20pdr doesn't care about an uptier, never did before which is why its so good.  At 7.0 I. Still top br more then not and the only real difference is now Germany lost their main 6.7 enemy they now get uptiered more. 

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Razielkaine said:

Not really, the 20pdr doesn't care about an uptier, never did before which is why its so good.  At 7.0 I. Still top br more then not and the only real difference is now Germany lost their main 6.7 enemy they now get uptiered more. 

 

I would beg to differ the 7.7 Russian tanks aren't to easy to pen and at that teir most other nations have sabot rounds or HEATFS that can pen your armor anywhere. The point I'm trying to make is that at 7.0 the old 6.7 line up is now balanced and you shouldn't be subjected to a 50000sl repair cost at the end of each battle. Else what is the point of playing the 7.0 line up when I can just hop into the British 7.7 line up and face the exact same enemies with better tanks that cost less to repair. Also I'd love to have a down tier in them, since the update I don't think I've seen a Tiger 2 when taking out the Cent 3.

Edited by Gdsryrox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Razielkaine said:

Not really, the 20pdr doesn't care about an uptier, never did before which is why its so good.  At 7.0 I. Still top br more then not and the only real difference is now Germany lost their main 6.7 enemy they now get uptiered more. 

Have you ever played 20 pounder lineup? You cant pen T54s except for few small weakspots, which you have no chance of hitting at range. And i wont even start about IS6 and IS4, you have no chance of penning them.

To be fair, only Caernarvon deserved a uptier, King Tiger can still easily kill FV4002 and Centurion and 20 pounder have a difficulty damaging King Tiger H when it angles its armor.

Entire repair cost and BR increase happened only to satisfy Germans mains, who only can point and click and do not care about using their brain.

 

What about increasing Henschel KT repair cost? It seal clubs 5.7 Allies. And what about bumping 105 mm KT to 7.0? It is on par with Caernarvon in terms of gun performance.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, BlazeFlame24 said:

Have you ever played 20 pounder lineup? You cant pen T54s except for few small weakspots, which you have no chance of hitting at range. And i wont even start about IS6 and IS4, you have no chance of penning them.

To be fair, only Caernarvon deserved a uptier, King Tiger can still easily kill FV4002 and Centurion and 20 pounder have a difficulty damaging King Tiger H when it angles its armor.

Entire repair cost and BR increase happened only to satisfy Germans mains, who only can point and click and do not care about using their brain.

 

What about increasing Henschel KT repair cost? It seal clubs 5.7 Allies. And what about bumping 105 mm KT to 7.0? It is on par with Caernarvon in terms of gun performance.

I played 6.0 the last few nights and just like when it was 6.7 there is nothing it can't pen frontally. If for some reason your having trouble with the hull just shoot the turret. From playing top tier its where I shoot the Russian tanks anyway and they are no problem killing at all.

 

As for King tigers you might get unlucky shot or 2 but in most cases they are easy to kill even at long range.  I disagree the caernarvon should have gone up but not the others, its a heavy tank, its suppose to be able to take a hit.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Britain 6.7 was never great if you were facing a team of heavy tanks with aphe (which happened a lot due to Tiger 2 being the most common enemy tank at that br).

 

I'm one of the few people who didn't actually like the 6.7 lineup that much, I always felt it was weak due to poor post pen and poor accuracy/optics but the general stupidity of german teams counteracted that. I wouldn't recommend playing 7.0 britain in this state, 7.7 is much better if you don't get dragged into 8.7. The only tank at 7.0 I would recommend is the conway, probably the only tank in the entire tree I have had fun with in the last week, I put it in a 8.7 match and went 7-0 holding off the entire enemy team on the C cap side of small sinai.

 

Don't expect gaijin to buff britain, the only significant buff I can think of in the past 2 years was the chieftain mk5 moving to 8.3

 

13 hours ago, Razielkaine said:

 

As for King tigers you might get unlucky shot or 2 but in most cases they are easy to kill even at long range.  I disagree the caernarvon should have gone up but not the others, its a heavy tank, its suppose to be able to take a hit.

Caernavron could never take a hit, everyone at that br is slinging aphe nukes.

medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CookieMonster_24 said:

Britain 6.7 was never great if you were facing a team of heavy tanks with aphe (which happened a lot due to Tiger 2 being the most common enemy tank at that br).

 

I'm one of the few people who didn't actually like the 6.7 lineup that much, I always felt it was weak due to poor post pen and poor accuracy/optics but the general stupidity of german teams counteracted that. I wouldn't recommend playing 7.0 britain in this state, 7.7 is much better if you don't get dragged into 8.7. The only tank at 7.0 I would recommend is the conway, probably the only tank in the entire tree I have had fun with in the last week, I put it in a 8.7 match and went 7-0 holding off the entire enemy team on the C cap side of small sinai.

 

Don't expect gaijin to buff britain, the only significant buff I can think of in the past 2 years was the chieftain mk5 moving to 8.3

 

Caernavron could never take a hit, everyone at that br is slinging aphe nukes.

 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The line up is good. But the repair costs are ludicrous. I spaded the Caernarvon last night and likely won't even touch it again until SL is dropped significantly. 20,000 for a 7.0 vehicle is just nuts.  That's ignoring the other vehicles as well.

 

I've got the AVRE and Strv premiums so I make it back with them but I would still avoid using expensive vehicles where possible. 

  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Razielkaine said:

 

I wouldn't count volumetric as a buff since they nerfed it accordingly by moving it up in br, I would prefer the old br and old armor.

I meant a hit that was successful penetration. Of course if they will bounce, wheel sprockets absorb entire apds shells now....

Based off the thumbnail you did get hit in the second clip, was it aphe? (sorry can't watch vid right now)

 

And I stand by my statement, currently only the Conway is worth playing.

Edited by CookieMonster_24
  • Confused 1
medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/12/2020 at 09:23, Gdsryrox said:

With the intro of volumetric shells and bumping up the birts 6.7 line up to 7.0 I've found that the Cent 3, Caernarvon and FV4202 are no longer that great of tanks. Yes they can still kick **** if used right but at the moment they are now average, going up against ATGM light tanks and even more armored heavy tanks. Even on games where I win and get a good amount of kills if I die more then once I usually end up losing a truck load SL. So shouldn't their repair cost, (which they got from being very good at 6.3 back in the days) be removed since they are now no so potent? IF not i feel like this is just going to make grinding the brits tree even harder for new people leading to less allied players.

You lose SL if you die without do anything but playing with at the least 2 brain cell  Brits 7.0 are money printers.

20201204173705-1.jpg

 

 

On 08/12/2020 at 10:01, BlazeFlame24 said:

Have you ever played 20 pounder lineup? You cant pen T54s except for few small weakspots, which you have no chance of hitting at range. And i wont even start about IS6 and IS4, you have no chance of penning them.

To be fair, only Caernarvon deserved a uptier, King Tiger can still easily kill FV4002 and Centurion and 20 pounder have a difficulty damaging King Tiger H when it angles its armor.

Entire repair cost and BR increase happened only to satisfy Germans mains, who only can point and click and do not care about using their brain.

 

What about increasing Henschel KT repair cost? It seal clubs 5.7 Allies. And what about bumping 105 mm KT to 7.0? It is on par with Caernarvon in terms of gun performance.

20pd with problems against T54?? Centurion MK 3 with problems against Tiger 2 armor?? Tiger clubbing Allies 5.7 ??? 105 KT is on par witht he Caern???

Looks like someone need start using his brain before some german players.

 

12 hours ago, CookieMonster_24 said:

 I wouldn't recommend playing 7.0 britain in this state,

Over 70% win ratio right now LMAO, one of the most easy lineups to play right now :lol2:

20201207212438-1.jpg

20201207183054-1.jpg

20201207182835-1.jpg

20201204173614-1.jpg

20201203195311-1.jpg

20201203183312-1.jpg

20201202192945-1.jpg

 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheFuzzieOne said:

Gotta love the "its easy bro just get 8-13 kills every game and don't die then you don't lose money" crowd.

its the same when Repair costs are mentioned its like just dont die and get 100 kills and you will be fine 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well this thread blew up. I never questioned how good the 7.0 line up was, (though the whole money printing things is a sham as even when I get like 9 kills a match I barely make over 50,000 so  Flak_Dancer you are either using booster or a premium account).

image.thumb.png.49d95db0fa366dfbf0f71222

image.png

(yes I know I died 4 times but that was cus it was frozen pass with one cap point and when the germans started losing they just spammed suicide 1000kg bomb runs with their Ar Jets)

image.thumb.png.e274784da6e05224ef2dd388

 

The main point I'm making is that at 7.0 the line up is much more balanced and doesn't need such a high repair cost more so when the Cent 10, Vicker MBT and CMK2 are all cheaper (even when full spaded) and basically fight the same enemies. For instance the Italian M47 besides not having a STAB is basically in the same ball park as a cent 3 but only has a repair cost of around 6000sl, around half that of the cent 3.

 

Also sadly Tigers do club allies at 5.7 mainly due to the fact that so many german players spam tiger 2s almost any game I play with the Cent1 and my 5.3-7 line up is always an upteir and the hull of a tiger 2 at range and slightly angled can bounce any sabot round that the 7.0 line up can throw at it.

 

 

Edited by Gdsryrox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gdsryrox said:

The main point I'm making is that at 7.0 the line up is much more balanced and doesn't need such a high repair cost more

 

The problem is some here like to troll with "I'm the best, everything should be balanced with my super skills".

 

You can tell the ones sometimes, they screenshot every match (seemingly). Just don't look at the match with 3 kills, because that wasn't a 100k game.

 

Actually premium gives about 25% more? I got a 10 kill game on 5.3 UK (using only a 3.0 light), Conquest, and got 100k so would have been about 120k with premium.

 

Just funny that I earn exactly the same lower down for what Flak had done at 7.0, and I'm not premium, he is (for reference of earnings). Costs get high, earnings stay flat.

 

Shame people like Flak didn't flout their stats when they lowered all the sub 6.0 vehicles for Germany and tell the players to git gud. You'll notice it will be those versing DE that get this treatment (which doesn't mean to say there is not truth and helpful hints to come from these sort of boast replies).

 

I agree, the upping of BR is sound after many updates, the costs that came before these updates is poor now. New users have to try and get to know the vehicles (and their enemies) without the low costs and BRs older players have enjoyed. It's called pulling up the ladder, then mocking anyone working their way up.

Edited by Deranger79
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gdsryrox said:

when the germans started losing they just spammed suicide 1000kg bomb runs with their Ar Jets)

Well because that thing has no other purpose.

Its slow as hell, can't climb, can't accelerate and has no armament except bombs

 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NoodleCup31 said:

Well because that thing has no other purpose.

Its slow as hell, can't climb, can't accelerate and has no armament except bombs

 

 

I know but the thing is they weren't spawning into other tanks (the german players that is, the French tankers actually did the brunt of the axis ground work), going straight for the jets and kamikaze bombing single targets hence why they probably lost the game.

 

16 minutes ago, Deranger79 said:

I agree, the upping of BR is sound after many updates, the costs that came before these updates is poor now. New users have to try and get to know the vehicles (and their enemies) without the low costs and BRs older players have enjoyed. It's called pulling up the ladder, then mocking anyone working their way up.

 

Yeah that is a new things for new players, going from 5.7 straight to 7.0 unless they want to slowly grind up the TD tree which besides the charioteer isn't that great in my opinion, for real the Tortoise should be at 6.3 not 6.7 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gdsryrox said:

Well this thread blew up. I never questioned how good the 7.0 line up was, (though the whole money printing things is a sham as even when I get like 9 kills a match I barely make over 50,000 so  Flak_Dancer you are either using booster or a premium account).

image.thumb.png.49d95db0fa366dfbf0f71222

image.png

(yes I know I died 4 times but that was cus it was frozen pass with one cap point and when the germans started losing they just spammed suicide 1000kg bomb runs with their Ar Jets)

image.thumb.png.e274784da6e05224ef2dd388

 

The main point I'm making is that at 7.0 the line up is much more balanced and doesn't need such a high repair cost more so when the Cent 10, Vicker MBT and CMK2 are all cheaper (even when full spaded) and basically fight the same enemies. For instance the Italian M47 besides not having a STAB is basically in the same ball park as a cent 3 but only has a repair cost of around 6000sl, around half that of the cent 3.

 

Also sadly Tigers do club allies at 5.7 mainly due to the fact that so many german players spam tiger 2s almost any game I play with the Cent1 and my 5.3-7 line up is always an upteir and the hull of a tiger 2 at range and slightly angled can bounce any sabot round that the 7.0 line up can throw at it.

 

 

You are very lucky to get 9 kills

I don’t think I ever break 6 or 7 kill before I got bomb or set on fire by CAS

Pretty much anything will go through the paper thin engine deck, and lack of turret mount MG really struggle against CAS not to mention British SPAA are terrible other than the very early or until Falcon

everytime playing British 7.0 I have to pray the mercy on American have competent SPAA or pilot

medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gdsryrox said:

I know but the thing is they weren't spawning into other tanks (the german players that is, the French tankers actually did the brunt of the axis ground work), going straight for the jets and kamikaze bombing single targets hence why they probably lost the game.

Well, probably because they don't really fight for the win anyways.

It is pretty much an allied roflstomp most of the time at the moment so what purpose is it to respawn a Tiger II P or smth when you meet a BMP or Caernarvon at the next corner (or an A2D oof)?

2 hours ago, Gdsryrox said:

Flak_Dancer you are either using booster or a premium account

No premium account, you can see it on the top

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lukkyb said:

if the caren is so good why arent teams filled with them like you gte with tigers and Leos?

You realize this same logic can be applied to other tanks like the STRV 122A and B, Obj 279 and the STB-1.

 

If the STRV 122A and B is so good, why aren't teams filled with it like the M1A2, T80U, T-72B3, and Leo 2a6? 

or

If the STB-1 is so good, why aren't teams filled with them like the Leos, Vickers mbt, T-54, etc.?

 

There are factors as to why good tanks like the STB-1, STRV 122, Carenarvon, and Ferdinand aren't used so often and it's either a lack of lineup, a minor nation, and/or repair costs. Back before the huge amount of repair costs for the british, teams had at least half carneravons, cent mk3, strv 81, and fv4202, now due to the repair costs they aren't played as often

Edited by DaGreenBolt
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gdsryrox said:

  Flak_Dancer you are either using booster or a premium account).

Premiun

 

2 hours ago, Deranger79 said:

 

The problem is some here like to troll with "I'm the best, everything should be balanced with my super skills".

Well, is not only my stats TS sit Brits 7.0 over 70% win ratio. Their high repair cost is compensated by the high chance of win.

Im not trolling, if you want some trolls look those guys call bad or dont suggest play those tanks :facepalm:

 

2 hours ago, Deranger79 said:

 

Shame people like Flak didn't flout their stats when they lowered all the sub 6.0 vehicles for Germany and tell the players to git gud. You'll notice it will be those versing DE that get this treatment (which doesn't mean to say there is not truth and helpful hints to come from these sort of boast replies).

 

:lol2: More truth than BS fantasy arguments like Tiger syndrome or allies play more the objectives :facepalm:

 

4 hours ago, Gdsryrox said:

 

Also sadly Tigers do club allies at 5.7 mainly due to the fact that so many german players spam tiger 2s almost any game ...

The last time the Tiger 2H club allies 5.7 was in 2016??? right now US/UK between 5.7 to 6.3 have average 58% win ratio meanwhile the super germans clubbers are in 40%.

6.0 to 7.7 is completely dominated for the allies since 3 years ago or more.

 

4 hours ago, Gdsryrox said:

 

 For instance the Italian M47 besides not having a STAB is basically in the same ball park as a cent 3 but only has a repair cost of around 6000sl, around half that of the cent 3.

 

Italian M47 - 42% win ratio and 1.45 frags per death meanwhile the Centurion MK3 - 70% win ratio and 2.58.

Is normal the Centurion have a higher repair cost, is how Gaijin try to balance the things, is like Tiger 1H and premiun Furry Tiger, they are exactly the same tank but the Furry have better win ratio and higher K/d ratio too so her repair cost is higher when both are exactly the same tank.

 

 

  • Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...