Rptd: [2.1.0.94] CTD "Video driver hung" / Unable to recover 3D device / Error 8111000D

The game crashes after a few minutes. There are no issues during startup and in the hangar, but the game stutters briefly while in queue; then when I've loaded into a match the game runs smoothly for a few seconds (~30FPS), the screen suddenly goes black, when the game returns (after a few seconds) there's a text in the upper left corner "Video driver hung and was restarted. Texture quality remains low." (visible very briefly) and then the game crashes entirely. The last sound keeps playing on repeat.

This started today, no issues prior to 05/12/2020. I played on 03/12/2020 without any problems. It happens every time I try to join a match.

I've tried enabling/disabling "support for old video cards". No effect.

I've tried different graphics settings with "support for old video cards" disabled. No effect.

I've tried enabling/disabling Easy Anticheat. No effect.

I checked my antivirus/firewall; there were no recorded events and war thunder has all the required permissions.

I've reinstalled the latest video card drivers. WT is the only software with issues.

There were no recent updates to either my drivers or Windows.

I'm using integrated graphics, Intel HD 5500, with a 2-core Intel i5-5200U CPU (2.2 GHz) and 8 GB RAM. This should be better than the published minimum requirements.

I got one different FATAL ERROR pop up; they all look very similar but it didn't always say "can't reset 3d device". Sadly I forgot to screenshot the different one and I cannot recreate those messages. The only recreatable message is "can't reset 3d device".

8111000D.png

FATAL_ERROR.png

fk7cbp9dg.zip 2020_12_05_22_21_24__6268.clog fk7cbp9dg.dmp 2020_12_05_22_21_12_9388.txt DxDiag.txt

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, mxax2lug said:

I've reinstalled the latest video card drivers.

This is not what is showing in the dxdiag.

Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500   Driver Date/Size: 27.12.2018 01:00:00, 39863064 bytes  < this is a two year old driver installed.

Driver Version: 20.19.15.5070

Please check the Intel site and do not go off what Windows tells you.

Can you please remove the current graphics driver using DDU (or similar).  https://www.wagnardsoft.com/

Please ensure that you follow the instructions and use Safe Mode .

Then re-install and re-test.

Thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KnightoftheAbyss said:

Please check the Intel site and do not go off what Windows tells you.

Can you please remove the current graphics driver using DDU (or similar).  https://www.wagnardsoft.com/

Please ensure that you follow the instructions and use Safe Mode .

Thanks for the advice, but Intel tells me to use the drivers provided by the laptop manufacturer, Dell: https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=56ygh&oscode=wt64a&productcode=xps-13-9343-laptop

I did as you suggested (removed drivers with DDU, then reinstalled drivers from the Dell link above) and the problem occured again, except I was now able to reproduce the other error message by waiting in the hangar for some time. It says "Error initializing device(DirectX 11)".

I added the new dxdiag file but the driver is the same, I believe:
    Driver Date/Size: 27.12.2018 01:00:00, 39863064 bytes

Again, I would like to emphasize that it worked fine until yesterday, 05/12/2020.

FATAL_ERROR_2.png

2020_12_06_02_18_37__7508.clog f335zm98g.dmp f335zm98g.zip DxDiag_driver_reinstalled.txt 2020_12_06_02_18_19_8380.txt

I was also able to recreate the original error message, which apparently only comes if I've already joined a match but not in the hangar (being in hangar leads to the other message). The "Critical Error" page remains the same as before (for both error messages).

Here's the .dmp and .clog files, after reinstalling the graphics driver.

FATAL_ERROR_3.png

f3ekaml8u.dmp f3ekaml8u.zip 2020_12_06_02_24_58__2760.clog 2020_12_06_02_24_46_12256.txt

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

• KnightoftheAbyss changed the title to Rptd: [2.1.0.94] CTD "Video driver hung" / Unable to recover 3D device / Error 8111000D

Hi
  Thank you for your interest and help improving the game.  

Your information has been forwarded to the Developers for their consideration.  

If there is anything further regarding this report a Technical Moderator will contact you.

Thank you again for your support.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@mxax2lug

Hi, The Developers would like to know if this issue has now been resolved for you.

Thanks

@mxax2lug  Did you get my previous message and notification?   There was a fault with the delivery of Notifications that has been corrected by the Forum Mods.