Update 02.12.2020 (2.1.0.85)

Maintenance%20(15).jpg

• A bug which would occur when a destroyed, turretless ground vehicle was fired upon, whereby the shell would disappear in the area the turret used to be despite nothing being there, has been fixed.
  • A bug where smokescreens would not hide the markers of other vehicles during ground battles has been fixed.
  • Browning-Colt Mk12 Mod 0 / Mod 3 — All types of belts now have the tracer round as the first munition.
  • Vickers P — The rate at which the cannon overheats, and the spread of the ammunition, have been reduced.

Ground Vehicle model, damage model, characteristic and weaponry changes:

• “Hull destruction” functionality no longer applies to damage on the internal modules caused by kinetic shells. Hull destruction has been removed from hull hits by kinetic ammunition for the following vehicles:
    • P.7.T AA
    • Lorraine 37L
    • Flakpanzer I
    • Flakpanzer 38
    • Panzerjager I
    • Nashorn
    • Marder III/Marder III H
    • Sd.Kfz.221
    • Sd.Kfz.251/10
    • Sd.Kfz.6/2
    • 8,8 cm Flak 37 Sfl
    • Sturmpanzer II
    • VFW
    • Waffentrager
    • AB43
    • FIAT 6614
    • R3 T20 FA-HS
    • Breda 501
    • Ho-Ro
    • So-Ki
    • Ta-Se
    • Type 94
    • Ikv 103
    • Ikv 72
    • Ikv 91
    • QF 3.7 Ram
    • Light AA Mk.I
    • M13
    • M16
    • M15A1
    • M3 GMC
    • LVT (all)
    • M18 (all)
    • Super Hellcat
    • M19
    • M42 (all)
    • M56
    • ASU-57
    • BM-13N
    • BTR-152A
    • GAZ-AAA (4M)
    • GAZ-AAA (DShK)
    • GAZ-MM (72-K)
    • ZiS-12 (94-KM)
    • ZiS-30
    • ZiS-43
    • YaG-10 (29-K)

The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Armensyths said:

Can I ask for why the hull break mechanic has been removed for these vehicles? 

Sure! Hull breach was created to solve a problem, some vehicles were unrealistically hard to kill and would eat shots after shots, that good old "no armor best armor". It did a good job on that regard, but as the game evolved, limitation started to show. Lots of players reported issues with hull break and the developers agree with the feedback. We still think the concept of hull break is good, but it need to be refined.

The team is working on an improved hull break, and deactivated part of the current system on a number of vehicles against kinetic shells to tone down the negative effects in the meantime.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Ouiche said:

Sure! Hull breach was created to solve a problem, some vehicles were unrealistically hard to kill and would eat shots after shots, that good old "no armor best armor". It did a good job on that regard, but as the game evolved, limitation started to show. Lots of players reported issues with hull break and the developers agree with the feedback. We still think the concept of hull break is good, but it need to be refined.

The team is working on an improved hull break, and deactivated part of the current system on a number of vehicles against kinetic shells to tone down the negative effects in the meantime.

Sometimes i still have nightmares about a VFW before it got hullbrake. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3
medal

Not sure if this is generic across the Ground nations but British tanks have a bug once you have been in a Airplane battle: The sound is reduced once returning to the tank and things like artillery and fire extinguishes do not operate on the vehicle you left. Once you die respawn all is good again..  

medal medal medal medal

Not to mention the "bumpy" runways on Tunisia. They look straight, but yesterday I died FOUR TIMES in sim trying to take off from them in a KI200. When you accelerate until the end of the rw theres a .. invisibile bump or whatever that makes the planes nosedive into the ground. It doesnt happen on all runways thought, just some. Cant remember which ones, but Im sure if Gaijin had a look ... please? 

17 minutes ago, onebullet95SPAIN said:

Hello, just one question; its been 32 days since New Power Update came out and F6F are still bugged in Air SB (and i think in RB too). Why is it taking so long to fix it? It's been reported, its been accepted. 

I hope we can be flying F6F again without spinning on runway like crazy...:016:

Edited by SpicysaucedHD
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 minutes ago, Aenonar said:

How about adding real physics like overpressure, armor cracking etc from rounds instead of arbitrary game mechanics? ^^'

We'd like to improve the armor model, but this is complicated on various aspects: technical, gameplay and players.

-Technical, the more realistic we move into armor / damage simulation, the more complicated it gets to create (and to understand). Real physics often have a hefty performance impact too. We can sure "cheat" and dumb down some aspects, but it's still really complicated.

-Gameplay for the effects it would have. Armor wearing off could radically change the game.

-Players, as they have to understand and overall, agree on what is happening when a shell hit a tank. And this should not conflict with most players vision of realism, for example, we (players) overlook the tracks repair time of a Tiger H1, but want the armor to be accurate to the millimeter - and we need to keep that in mind, players who like realism don't like all the realism :D

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Hey, could you guys take some better look at this issue?

Every day I turn the PC on and the game starts updating itself I get such hope to see that this thing got fixed...

It's have been a real issue for me, since not using ULQ graphics gets my computer really hot (actually had to got some external cooler for it now), and I have to use low settings without ULQ with minimal render resolution, the pixels are so big, using ULQ it's far more gameplay-wise for me.

:(

medal

Hull destruction” functionality no longer applies to damage on the internal modules caused by kinetic shells.

??  this was part of hull break that actually made sense - hitting a "solid chunk" of the vehicle like an engine or transmission or breech with a kinetic energy round allows the energy to be transfered, whereas hitting "empty space" does not.

this looks like a backward step.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

23 hours ago, Ouiche said:

The real issue is the unrealistic behaviour and durability of the crew. 

They have no morale check No shock. Have too many hit points.

Agility skill is ridiculous. 8 seconds to swap places...

There’s an uneasy mix of realism and fantasy in the game. Hull break game mechanic would never have been necessary if crew were more like real people.

And less like gymnastic Terminators on Speed.

medal