Hi guys- been playing a mixture of Naval, tanks and planes. I seem to be ok with naval but suck at tanks and planes. 

So tanks- playing USA, Russia, Germany and `UK - slow grind. Ok at arcade but get wiped on Random - just dont see the tanks before get one-shotted- `ping is around 290. 

Any suggestions!

• Like 1

Hi Kiwi, I've been playing for 1.5 years now, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

I would recommend trying to get better at realistic battles, they can be much more rewarding than arcade, if you want ot grind faster. (I assume by random you mean realistic) RB is all about situational awareness and map knowledge; constantly use your binos and the freelook button to scan your surroundings.

Your ping is really high, but I assume that's because you're living in New Zealand, and there's not really much you can do about that. You could try to set your servers to RU only so they're closer to you. 

If you want an easier time in props and ground, I would recommend Germany. We say "GeRmAnY SuFfErs" ironically for a reason. 

I can't exactly give much general advice unless you give me a specific vehicle or nation. Even then, I've specialized to Germany and Britain, ground and air respectively, so I might not even be of much use there. I mainly play tanks, and i nearly exclusively play RB.

Do you have any specific problems or situations you need advice in?

• Like 1
medal

Thanks Cavalcade- yes sorry Realistic- spell check!!

I have been playing Germany realistic and USA/Russia/UK Arcade. Generally around BR 2 and 2.3 - reluctant to go higher even with researched vehicles as getting creamed in realistic even at that BR.

I have tried following other players but if there is a group of tanks then I must have the only one that attracts shells- I know time served is important though!

I use a game pad- is that the issue? Can you explain freelook button?

in realistic I am using Bino’s but just can’t seem to see the other tanks before in get one shotted!!

yes the ping in high- rural NZ isn’t a gaming hotspot and still trying to get fibre!

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/11/2020 at 17:26, KiwiPom said:

I have been playing Germany realistic and USA/Russia/UK Arcade. Generally around BR 2 and 2.3 - reluctant to go higher even with researched vehicles as getting creamed in realistic even at that BR.

I have tried following other players but if there is a group of tanks then I must have the only one that attracts shells- I know time served is important though!

in realistic I am using Bino’s but just can’t seem to see the other tanks before in get one shotted!!

yes the ping in high- rural NZ isn’t a gaming hotspot and still trying to get fibre!

Don't try to follow others like a lost puppy, but generally other people have the right idea—unless they don't. You have to think critically about what you're doing, because if you don't, and you go on autopilot, you'll die.

As for the game pad, yeah you can use freelook, but depending on how good/bad your touchpad is, it limits your ability to do a lot of things. I recommend a mouse, but it's still possible to do well with a track pad. The freelook button allows you too look around quickly without moving your turret. It's useful in getting a quick understanding of your surroundings, and you can do other things too. It's bound to C by default.

medal

On 14/12/2020 at 12:28, KiwiPom said:

Hi. Cavalcade- trying the keyboard/mouse - takes some getting used to. Do you find any non-default settings help - such as mouse aim which seems fast. Appreciate your help. Kiwi

Hey there friend,

If you're finding the default mouse sensitivity too fast, you can navigate into the controls to turn it down. I've made a step by step for you below:

1.  Navigate to "controls" in the top left corner
    Spoiler

AULQYSL.jpg

2. Click "Common" at the top of the screen
    Spoiler

I1C4ir2.png

3. Scroll down and you'll find some bars under "view controls"
    Spoiler

7KtWBBo.png

The main ones you'll wanting to be playing with are Aim sensitivity and Camera Mouse Look Speed.

I hope I managed to help, let us know if you need further assistance!

Cheers:salute:

Edited by TheCheshireCat
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 01/12/2020 at 11:26, KiwiPom said:

Hi Kiwi Pom ..i live Rural here in Nz ..i here what you saying bud..i live in Rotorua and the Sulphur here dont help for us ...

medal

Chur to my Kiwi Bro's!

I have Fibre in Auckland and under 200 ping is still not a regular occurrence. Best server is the Asia one, but it doesn't get a lot of traffic. I usually have servers Asia (SA I think), US, and when queue times are long I'll drop in EU as am option. These seem to assist with the Ping. The high ping isn't that bad, but when Packet Loss (PL) hits, it's basically all over.

I play arcade planes so can't help on the RB or tanks advice.

I recommend watching YouTube videos/tutorials, it's how I learnt. Back in the day LongShot was my go to to learn (most of his content is probably still relevant, if aged), and Jengar. Jengar does RB planes now with some recent tutorials, and links to others that are good like Adam and Defyn. Once again, very planes focused for my recommendations.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Lower Hutt and invariably 218 ping - I have all servers except Russia selected so no real idea which I'm on.

Mostly playing arcade, all 3 modes, & seem to do OK despite the ping.

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal