Skin crates and how they are implemented in game.

Rework the crate skin mechanic.  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Rework the crate skin mechanic.

• Keep it as is.
    • Allow players to buy the skins they want outright for GE.
    • Keep crates but separate into vehicle categories.

Hi guys & gals.

I want us to talk about our xbox skin crates. With the update new power, the crates have changed and they now reflect your chance of getting an item however we're still stuck in this loot box BS. I say BS because it really is, it's the worst thing to happen in gaming and personally I really dislike this mechanic. 

Now as xbox players we don't have access to the marketplace and that's fine but I'd much rather pay £5/10 for the skin I want then drop the same amount on a crate. This really needs to change and we need to find a middle ground where the Snail can still get fed and we can get the skins we want.

Personally I 95% play 9.0BR and up ARB so I only want jet skins, can we look at separate crates for different vehicles or even just a way to vote on what skins end up in the crates? My idea would be to add those skins to the vehicle customization and have a much higher GE purchase price, say 500GE to unlock. Random crates can still drop in game with the option to buy them as a lucky dip.

Hopefully many of you other players feel the same way and maybe @gromvoiny you could ad your 2 cents from the snails perspective.

Cheers.

Edited by [email protected]
  • Like 1
medal medal medal medal

This has been a thing the Playstation players have been dealing with for far longer than Xbox and I don't think it's going to change any time soon without console marketplace access.

17 hours ago, [email protected] said:

This has been a thing the Playstation players have been dealing with for far longer than Xbox and I don't think it's going to change any time soon without console marketplace access.

Do playstation players have the same system as us or can they access the marketplace? I'm aware they to suffered like us but is it still the same because if so then their are even more people that would like things to change.

medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Do playstation players have the same system as us or can they access the marketplace? I'm aware they to suffered like us but is it still the same because if so then their are even more people that would like things to change.

Console based accounts cannot access the marketplace.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Console based accounts cannot access the marketplace.

Now that you mentioned it, that reminds me that I greatly appreciate the ability we were given to try (I say try because of the apparently abismal low changes) of obtaining some marketplace vehicles such as the KV-IB through the GE Boxes, as that is a step in the right direction, but please, keep those boxes just for skins and decals.

In all fairness I'd rather pay 40-60usd for one of these vehicles I actully want than spend thats same amount and get a bunch of skins I'd never use for vehicles I dont even own, and Im pretty sure many other people would do it as well.

If @gromvoiny could read this as a suggestion, consider adding them as console only packs, or even for GE based on the aprox. current cost they are selling on the marketplace, but lootboxes arent the solution (and dutch people would be a happy too)

:good:

medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Now that you mentioned it, that reminds me that I greatly appreciate the ability we were given to try (I say try because of the apparently abismal low changes) of obtaining some marketplace vehicles such as the KV-IB through the GE Boxes, as that is a step in the right direction, but please, keep those boxes just for skins and decals.

In all fairness I'd rather pay 40-60usd for one of these vehicles I actully want than spend thats same amount and get a bunch of skins I'd never use for vehicles I dont even own, and Im pretty sure many other people would do it as well.

If @gromvoiny could read this as a suggestion, consider adding them as console only packs, or even for GE based on the aprox. current cost they are selling on the marketplace, but lootboxes arent the solution (and dutch people would be a happy too)

:good:

We don’t have any plans for changing current trophies system (other than displaying drop probability as of update 2.0). 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, gromvoiny said:

We don’t have any plans for changing current trophies system (other than displaying drop probability as of update 2.0). 

I hate to make the PC vs. consoles comparison because they really are different, but considering the actual situation why do we have to gamble for something we want, while others can simply pay for it? And this is coming from someone who opened 45+ trophies a while ago and the best I got was a rare skin for an unobtainable vehicle.

medal medal medal

On 24/11/2020 at 21:37, [email protected] said:

I hate to make the PC vs. consoles comparison because they really are different, but considering the actual situation why do we have to gamble for something we want, while others can simply pay for it? And this is coming from someone who opened 45+ trophies a while ago and the best I got was a rare skin for an unobtainable vehicle.

See this sounds like a gambling problem, I guess as the laws change around this we'll see a change.

medal medal medal medal

• 1 month later...

It is not really gambling. True the drop is random. But lets say there are 50 possible rewards in the crate and you only want the one skin for your Tiger, you have a 1 in 50 chance you get it the first time for 600 GE.

Now that you got the skin for a ship that you don't own, you have to consume that so it won't participate next time and you will have a 1 in 49 chance to get your Tiger skin for 1200 GE, now you consume the funny hat you don't need to have a 1 in 48 chance to get your Tiger skin for 1800 GE, etc, etc.

And so the cost rises until you get to about a 1 in 10 to a 1 in 5 chance to get your skin for a ridiculous amount of GE and your beloved Tiger skin is now among other rewards you actually can own multiple times so in theory this could go on forever.

Like I mentioned this is not gambling. In gambling you actually have a chance to win and be better off. 

This box thing will only take your money in ridiculous amounts...

medal medal medal