Update 20.11.2020 (2.1.0.45)

Maintenance%20(5).jpg

• SK60B — Separate launch for the unguided rockets has been added.
  • Pz.IV J — Hull damage model has been corrected.
  • The high-explosive effect of 165 and 184 mm HE shells (cannons on the FV4005 and Centurion AVRE) has been fixed.
  • Tracers when hitting elements of the HVM Starstreak missile have been added. Guidance when shooting at targets moving at angular velocity relative to the launcher has been improved. 
  • A bug when aiming Air-to-Air heat-seeking missiles has been fixed. In some cases the missile did not guide accurately enough to the target.
  • Ki-61-2 - A bug leading to a lower stall speed relative to the vehicle passport has been fixed.

Sound

• CPU load has been reduced.
  • Sound events for artillery shell explosions have been reworked.
  • More pronounced sound of the engine turbo charger has been added to the Leopard 2 tank series.

The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Stona said:

Tracers when hitting elements of the HVM Starstreak missile have been added.

I would reword it to:
Tracers for HVM Starstreak hittiles have been added

as current version is rather confusing.

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal

Can we please see a fix for the top attack missiles (BILL 2 and TOW 2B), they don't work properly - the HEAT warhead does not activate at all so the missile is only acts as high explosive. There have been 2 bug reports on russian fourm.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal

Bug fix/improvements updates are those I like the most. Nice to see another one.

When it comes to Leo 2 engines, there is very annoying 1st gear brrrrrmf sound. Moreover, I find this annoying sound bit too loud.

Besides this, engines are still very quiet in general. After major update, everything is biased towards explosions, which is realistic for sure, but not ideal for gameplay purposes.

Edited by _BSD_Sanciny
medal medal medal

44 minutes ago, Stona said:

A bug when aiming Air-to-Air heat-seeking missiles has been fixed. In some cases the missile did not guide accurately enough to the target.

Is there any more in depth description of which missiles this was or was it all IR missiles?

The Ki-61-II didn’t get fixed. You just broke it...

well done. Now it has same turn rate as FW-190A-8...

You made it match the wing lift coefficient of all the other Ki-61’s.

issue is that it’s the Ki-61/100’s that are broken and wrong and all you did just now is break the Ki-61-II by adjusting it to their crap quality flight models standard.

Ki-100’s right now have 1.06 CL max

Ki-61’s have about 1.2 CL_Max

With normal wings they should be about 1.4 CL Max...

Edited by Laurelix
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, aceofspades2707 said:

It would be great to see support for the people who cannot access their game or have significant compatibility issues after the update...

Please be sure to check system requirements.

1 hour ago, FritzBlitsPH said:

Hi, I'd like to inform you guys that the C2A1 is currently misisng its Composite sideskirts

Screenshot_2020_1120_211839.png

Please submit bug report in technical section, thanks!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, C0lander said:
  • More pronounced sound of the engine turbine has been added to the Leopard 2 tank series.

Leopard 2 tanks don't have a turbine??

1 hour ago, OnkelValentin said:

The Leopard 2s dont have turbines tho..

Fixed.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, FritzBlitsPH said:

Hi, I'd like to inform you guys that the C2A1 is currently misisng its Composite sideskirts

Screenshot_2020_1120_211839.png

I have properly reported that on the first dev server, but it's still here.

Seems like it either has been overlooked or just is in queue

• Haha 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Thanks for the update.
I have been having problems at full control since the ki61 family FM was updated.
It's an issue that says it will always snap roll to the left, even with full use of the right rudder and elevator.
The problem is that the rudder works too poorly and the airplane yawns to the right too late, causing the same motion as a mere AOA increase and a torque stall to the left due to the reduced speed before it snaps rolls to the right.
This is a rather odd way for an airplane to behave and I hope it will be recalibrated.
This adjustment is intended to improve the energy characteristics during mouse control by allowing the effects of the rudder to appear more slowly. Alternatively, I'm guessing that we changed the Oswald efficiency number to make it more like an elliptical wing, with the intention of making the rudder less effective or else it would stall, but I think this is a bit too extreme.

I can send you a similar post in the bug report if you need it, so please consider it.

• Haha 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I need you people to fix the server! I can not play it properly! Sometime the stabilizer doesn't work, and random lags happen so often random bugs and lags all over the place! despite my ping is around 60 but the game ran like 100+ pings, unplayable !

• Like 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal