Was told the chieftian mk 10 was where things got good well that was a lie

Its like i cant go hull down easily as all the good spots im to slow to get to without being shot on the way

if i make it there everyone else has thermals so they can wait till i pop my turret up to shoot and destroy by breech 

If i run out of shells (only carry 25 as not to fill the front hull) i die as i cant easily get more

another thing if i find a good sniping spot i always manage to anger some germany player by killing them adn then oh look a G91 r3 to the face

i cant brawl at all since they just have to sneeze at my hull to kill everyone (was the same with the mk3)

i cant grind by capping points sicne im to slow to get there fast enough

most of teh maps are the xxxx CQC maps which i die in (im not waiting 8 mins to play britian again with crew (nation) lock by leaving

oh and the fun times where my AFPSDS will decide that the radkamfwagons front plate is not penetrable and will just bounce off leading to my sudden death

theres no supporting lineup (not got the VFM5 yet but heard its not great since again no themals and stock HEAT-fs)

like i was told this plays like the mk3 but better since trolly turret but it dosnt and i dk what im doing wrong and would like advice on what to do since i cant seem to get it to work no matter what i try 

The Chieftain mk.10 is lazy and weak, except for the turret.

So you have to use Hulldown entirely to run it. It is difficult to use it on most battlefields.

But nonetheless, there are many ways to penetrate your turret.

Gaijin thought that it was an OP position on the battlefield because it has a fast firing speed when it was added, and gave 9.0BR, and after that, even nerfed it to a firing speed of around 8.5sec.

So we must first insist on normalization of the rate of fire and the TNT damage buff of Hash.

(The Chieftain's rate of fire cannot drop to less than 6 seconds. The 120mm HESH is a nerfed bullet that is more useless than the HE.)

medal medal medal

38 minutes ago, Kings_Guards said:

The Chieftain mk.10 is lazy and weak, except for the turret.

So you have to use Hulldown entirely to run it. It is difficult to use it on most battlefields.

But nonetheless, there are many ways to penetrate your turret.

Gaijin thought that it was an OP position on the battlefield because it has a fast firing speed when it was added, and gave 9.0BR, and after that, even nerfed it to a firing speed of around 8.5sec.

So we must first insist on normalization of the rate of fire and the TNT damage buff of Hash.

(The Chieftain's rate of fire cannot drop to less than 6 seconds. The 120mm HESH is a nerfed bullet that is more useless than the HE.)

like i personally think they should change it to the mk11 wich had thermals at least then it might be able to compete at 9.0 otherwise drop it to 8.7 

The problem you are having is a problem with the entire British Air and Ground lines. Our vehicles are introduced and are often very good for their tiers (centurion and chieftan come to mind). Then gaijin sees this and nerfs them (reload, armour, movement, ammo etc). This "balances" things in their eyes. But the players who do well continue to do well. As such they then take a two step approach. Step 1 is the introduction of far superior vehicles for other nations at the same rank (thermals, better armour, better shells, better speed etc), this makes the experience utter cancer. The second step is to then uptier these british vehicles to the point where they simply cannot compete in any form (or downtier higher vehicles). This all creates a hostile experiece for british players which sucks the fun out of things, and unfortuantely vets such as myself who played the chief at it's peak simply don't understand the issue because we are no longer playing at that rank and thus we say things like "it gets better at the chief, honest".

The same problem persists in British planes, there was a brief time where the hunter was a dominant threat then it got lumped in with a load of supersonics, then it got matched against AAM planes....

medal medal

1 hour ago, Mippie said:

The problem you are having is a problem with the entire British Air and Ground lines. Our vehicles are introduced and are often very good for their tiers (centurion and chieftan come to mind). Then gaijin sees this and nerfs them (reload, armour, movement, ammo etc). This "balances" things in their eyes. But the players who do well continue to do well. As such they then take a two step approach. Step 1 is the introduction of far superior vehicles for other nations at the same rank (thermals, better armour, better shells, better speed etc), this makes the experience utter cancer. The second step is to then uptier these british vehicles to the point where they simply cannot compete in any form (or downtier higher vehicles). This all creates a hostile experiece for british players which sucks the fun out of things, and unfortuantely vets such as myself who played the chief at it's peak simply don't understand the issue because we are no longer playing at that rank and thus we say things like "it gets better at the chief, honest".

The same problem persists in British planes, there was a brief time where the hunter was a dominant threat then it got lumped in with a load of supersonics, then it got matched against AAM planes....

do things get better at the Chally 1s or am i gonna suffer all the way to top teir

Idk who would tell you Chieftain Mk 10 was good as that tank in particular performs poorly. At the time of getting them I thoroughly enjoyed Challenger 1s because they have double the reload as compared to Chieftain and better mobility. At that time however the worst opponents would be like 2A4s and T-80B I believe so things have likely changed since then for that BR. It should at least be more enjoyable to play if it's not more successful. 

medal

39 minutes ago, Lukkyb said:

do things get better at the Chally 1s or am i gonna suffer all the way to top teir

Hate to break it to you, but there is no existance from chief onwards where Britain doesn't suffer.....Challie 1's are hilariously overmatched as they will get sucked up to top tier. Their armour doesn't actually stop the rounds they face, their shells underperform massively because Gaijin can't and won't give them their actual shells...

7 minutes ago, TwitchyCarlos said:

Idk who would tell you Chieftain Mk 10 was good as that tank in particular performs poorly. At the time of getting them I thoroughly enjoyed Challenger 1s because they have double the reload as compared to Chieftain and better mobility. At that time however the worst opponents would be like 2A4s and T-80B I believe so things have likely changed since then for that BR. It should at least be more enjoyable to play if it's not more successful. 

I suspect it is people like me, who played them when they came out, when the still brew actually mattered and the extreme slope of the hull actually helped

medal medal

2 hours ago, Mippie said:

Hate to break it to you, but there is no existance from chief onwards where Britain doesn't suffer

Vickers Mk.7 + Harrier GR.1 is my clubbing combo as of late.

medal medal medal

3 hours ago, Loongsheep said:

Vickers Mk.7 + Harrier GR.1 is my clubbing combo as of late.

yeah but by time i get to harriers (im still on props) they will liekly have nerfed it unlike teh g91 r3 since britian cant have nice things but germany can

4 hours ago, Lukkyb said:

yeah but by time i get to harriers (im still on props) they will liekly have nerfed it unlike teh g91 r3 since britian cant have nice things but germany can

British 7.0 is quite nice atm. Although the repair costs are undesirable to say the least. 

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, [email protected] said:

British 7.0 is quite nice atm. Although the repair costs are undesirable to say the least. 

i did find it nice when it was 6.7 but yeah the reapair costs made me glad to get through it and 7.7 (xxxx conq with above 10k repair cost stock)

8.3 Britain is kinda nice, with the Chieftain, Rooikat, Warrior, and Scout if that's you thing.

Just don't bother engaging in uptiers, as it's pretty pointless, but aside from that i find myself pretty happy at 8.3 these days.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

47 minutes ago, TenPoundsOfSalt said:

8.3 Britain is kinda nice, with the Chieftain, Rooikat, Warrior, and Scout if that's you thing.

Just don't bother engaging in uptiers, as it's pretty pointless, but aside from that i find myself pretty happy at 8.3 these days.

8.3 is guttertrash if it goes to 9.0, which is pretty much every game. 9.0 just means you're facing an army of thermal equipped lolpen tanks, often in night fights, when you only have a single thermal vehicle, which is in a FULL uptier from 8.0 and has only an ATGM and no stab.

Also the Rooikat is utterly useless since they nerfed its gun.

medal

Who told you the chief 10 was good?

Honestly it has a good turret and for a long time the only apfds for the brits and that's it, its always been the slowest and overall worst armoured.

Unfortunately  it gets no better from there the challengers 1 & 2 are slower worse armoured and get poor ammo compared to everything at there BR certain tanks stock ammo is better than your research able ammo really makes things painful the reload is okay but you have pitifully small first stage ready racks making multiple engagements in quick succession nullify the reload making it the slowest.

Can you do well and have fun? Yes just remember your never top dog so its more satisfying to get kills.

Top tier brits really fall down at AA the stormer is utter garbage in comparison to all other AA top tier (yes I know some nations don't have any) and its so xxxx annoying that you have to choose between AA that is capable of killing jets or one that is capable of killing helis while being spawn **** by both.

medal medal

Challenger 1 and 2 is not slower lol they're faster. I enjoy them more than I enjoyed Chieftains. Rn my favourite Brit lineups are 5.3 and 7.0 anyway

medal

3 minutes ago, TwitchyCarlos said:

Challenger 1 and 2 is not slower lol they're faster. I enjoy them more than I enjoyed Chieftains. Rn my favourite Brit lineups are 5.3 and 7.0 anyway

(Slower than there competition not the chieftan)

medal medal

dunno who told you that, 9.0 is where things go from sh*t to f*cking sh*t for UK

That said mk10 did used to be quite good in its niche, hence it's my most played UK tank. Since thermals were added though it's just been way behind, as its utility as a hull down sniper is a lot more limited when other tanks can spot you before you can even see them. Not too many backup options there either, aside from light vehicles.

Anyway challenger and above are all garbage so don't even bother with those. 

medal medal

25 minutes ago, Dantheman66 said:

dunno who told you that, 9.0 is where things go from sh*t to f*cking sh*t for UK

That said mk10 did used to be quite good in its niche, hence it's my most played UK tank. Since thermals were added though it's just been way behind, as its utility as a hull down sniper is a lot more limited when other tanks can spot you before you can even see them. Not too many backup options there either, aside from light vehicles.

Anyway challenger and above are all garbage so don't even bother with those. 

i just dont get why they dont either lower the BR to 8.7 or make it the MK11 and give it thermals oh wait i know cause the devs hate britian and Germany suffers

• Upvote 1

On 20/11/2020 at 17:57, TheFuzzieOne said:

8.3 is guttertrash if it goes to 9.0, which is pretty much every game. 9.0 just means you're facing an army of thermal equipped lolpen tanks, often in night fights, when you only have a single thermal vehicle, which is in a FULL uptier from 8.0 and has only an ATGM and no stab.

Also the Rooikat is utterly useless since they nerfed its gun.

If I'm not mistaken amx 30 has a thermal at 8.3. 

medal medal medal medal

it wouldnt be so bad if i had more than one MBT with thermals at 9.0 since i dont want to buy preimums the rookiat is out and im left with the warrior which when trying to look right on the move you blind yourself by your own exhaust

like why not just make the mk10 into the mk11 and bam problem solved (i know it dosnt slove other issues but it would help alot being able to see people) 

Edited by Lukkyb
  • Upvote 1

Go back to 5.3, the best lineup for british, Comet, Challenger, and a premium, like Duke, ACIV or Sherman IC, and after is just snipping panthers and tiger, make then go back to hell. It's the best lineup to take advantage of players who think their tanks are winnable and do it wrong.

like i was gonna get the VFM 5 to make a 9.0 lineup but even that dosnt get thermals looks like im rushing to the chally 1s now

On 27/11/2020 at 18:39, Lukkyb said:

like i was gonna get the VFM 5 to make a 9.0 lineup but even that dosnt get thermals looks like im rushing to the chally 1s now

Funny thing VFM also has thermals. someone already submitted a report. Its almost as if they are artifically xxxx british tanks.