Big Sur (Mac 11.0) crash reports in here.

OK.. So I upgraded to "Big Sur" this past Friday, and tried "Metal" again. Game lasted about 2 hours more than the previous 5 hours before it crashed with "Metal".

This time though it was different in that it just instantaneously quit with no error message or any strange behaviour just before.

What is consistent though is when it crashes... Every time I either enter or exit a match in that transition from garage to battle or back.

Clog file as usual wont upload, so here it is again in a google drive shared link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hgttwbe0h3j7zbfazVac66p_rH0MhBCV/view?usp=sharing

Edit: ...there are also these strange severe frame rate drops every now and then, that was not present on Catalina. Still trying to pin it down.

Screenshot 2020-11-14 at 12.41.52.png

E0A28833-032E-471A-B430-9135E8596C0B.dmp 2020_11_14_09_12_23_1545.txt

Edited by Nkosiyabo
  • Thanks 1
medal medal medal

Created a new topic, as you are on new OS.

9 hours ago, Nkosiyabo said:

it just instantaneously quit with no error message or any strange behaviour just before

So you did not get message of "Failed to create cs pipeline state, error SC compilation failure GPGPU**"?

Restart game every hour.  CLOG files are smaller and may improve load times between matches (resources areas are empty)

Please report every issue you encounter, no matter how small.

Thank you!

• Pony51 changed the title to Big Sur (Mac 11.0) crash reports in here.

I downloaded Big Sur yesterday, and when I tried to play wt today, there was so much stuttering and freezing. When I fly, the stuttering is annoying but playable, but whenever I pass another plane or try to dogfight, the game will stutter so much it literally turns into a slideshow. The screen would freeze for several seconds in the middle of an engagement and after a while I would see that I am crashed into the ground or flying a totally different direction. I know my computer is fine enough to play, before Big Sur I would have perfectly fine performance. The game HASN'T crashed on me but I am always made to force it to quit because oftentimes the frozen frames would stay forever. I can hear the audio continuing on (the planes zooming past, crashes, gunshots) but the screen is frozen and the game is unplayable.

I have no crash files because like I said, the game doesn't crash, but just freezes in place until I quit the game

EDIT: I learned the strangest thing. After trying to play again today in a custom server, I noticed the problem was gone! I was glad and decided to play a real match. As I was flying, however, I noticed the lag was still there. I decided to try something crazy: maybe my mouse had something to do with it? As I cruised with my trackpad and did some maneuvers, there was no stuttering or freezing. I did the same thing with my wireless mouse, and the freezing appeared. I thought I was crazy, I really did, but I am serious when I say my wireless mouse is the culprit. The mouse has two modes, 2.4ghz wireless USB dongle or bluetooth. In bluetooth mode, there is no problem, just like the trackpad. It is only the wireless 2.4ghz mode when the problem is there. I know I sound crazy but it really is true, and my mouse behaves normally outside of War Thunder. I think this is the first time a problem like this has happened before?

1.png

2020_11_15_14_20_04__11567.clog

Edited by AircraftPeep
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AircraftPeep said:

I have no crash files because like I said, the game doesn't crash, but just freezes in place until I quit the game.

Yes, in this case there is no game crash, the CLOG is perfect.

Thank you very much!

On 14/11/2020 at 21:53, Pony51 said:

Created a new topic, as you are on new OS.

So you did not get message of "Failed to create cs pipeline state, error SC compilation failure GPGPU**"?

Restart game every hour.  CLOG files are smaller and may improve load times between matches (resources areas are empty)

Please report every issue you encounter, no matter how small.

Thank you!

1. To elaborate: No message pop up/over with "Failed to create cs pipeline state, error SC compilation failure GPGPU**", just a instantaneous "quit"... The one second my War Thunder game client is open and the next second it is just gone from screen, it's icon gone from the dock, and nowhere to be found under "Activity Monitor"

2. The frame rate issue is actually horrible in that in happens whenever I am in game near one or more players, and the more and closer they are the worse the frame rate drops gets.

3. Regarding point 1: For me it seems to be a cumulative issue in terms of duration of play, and thus far the "Instantaneous Quit/Crash" and/or "CS Pipe" issue only seems to occur after 5 hours plus of game play. With "Big Sur" that total duration was about 2 hours more that I used to get on "Catalina". I suspect that restarting the game client every hour and will possibly negate the crash, and it might never never happen? (provided I restart every hour). I will however endeavour to test this.

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal

Thanks for reply.  Please report any other stability issues

5 hours ago, Pony51 said:

I absolutely must have your system info (MacBOok Pro??).

Can you find the Mac's Crash Log file?

https://support.apple.com/guide/console/reports-cnsl664be99a/mac

It's a Hackintosh. iMac 19,1 hardware. 100% rock solid on every app apart from War Thunder.  Z390, i9 9900K, 32GB RAM, 5700XT, MacOS 11.0.1

I'm seeing crash logs for gaijin_selfupdater and also for WindowServer. Both crash reports attached in a zip file.

Archive.zip

medal

4 hours ago, [email protected] said:

It's a Hackintosh

Well, that is unusual situation.

OpenGL is dead for WT. 

Does your Mackintosh support Metal?  It could only be using OpenGL

2 hours ago, Pony51 said:

Well, that is unusual situation.

OpenGL is dead for WT. 

Does your Mackintosh support Metal?  It could only be using OpenGL

Yes I was using Metal when the freezing and crashing occurred. One large crash took me right out of my user environment and back to the Mac login screen! 

120 FPS frame rate with Metal but some artifacting in clouds. Went back to the deprecated OpenGL last night after all the crashing and a solid if stable 60 FPS

Edit:

Just installed the new Dagor engine 6.0 WT client update and notice the option for OpenGL is removed.  Played a couple of games in Metal and no crashes thus far. Will stress test it later tonight!

Edited by [email protected]
Update installed.
  • Like 1
medal

Game crashes on startup. As soon as I see the loading screen, it quits. I am currently updating to Big Sur to see if that helps. Will keep you informed. Here are my specs: 1459603994_ScreenShot2020-11-17at9_14_24

medal medal

8 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Yes I was using Metal when the freezing and crashing occurred. One large crash took me right out of my user environment and back to the Mac login screen! 
---

Edit:

Just installed the new Dagor engine 6.0 WT client update and notice the option for OpenGL is removed.  Played a couple of games in Metal and no crashes thus far. Will stress test it later tonight!

There was issue of game switching back to OpenGL, so making sure.

Great news that it seems to be resolved!

7 hours ago, Monocle_Mustache said:

Game crashes on startup. As soon as I see the loading screen, it quits. I am currently updating to Big Sur to see if that helps. Will keep you informed. Here are my specs: 1459603994_ScreenShot2020-11-17at9_14_24

You MUST have either 10.15 or 11.0.

Please reply if everything works with OS update.

UPDATE: person above updated and working fine, only a mouse / trackpad issue.

1 hour ago, Lord_Knacker said:

Updated to Big Sur on iMac 5K 2017. Updated version of WarThunder now crashes after my first boat is destroyed. When relaunched goes to main map screen and then quits. Log file attached.  2020_11_18_15_09_02_14481.txt

Post you system specs too.

I think I might of posted on something else.....but...  I upgraded to Big Sur, the game started working almost immediately, after 3.5 battles, it crashed. Made me sign back in then went back to the battle, approx. 3-4 battles later, crashed again.  No box pops up when it crashes, today I played for about 3 hours, crashed 13 times, pretty frustrating, hoping for a fix soon.

medal

On 21/11/2020 at 19:29, CaptTardpie said:

I think I might of posted on something else.....but...  I upgraded to Big Sur, the game started working almost immediately, after 3.5 battles, it crashed. Made me sign back in then went back to the battle, approx. 3-4 battles later, crashed again.  No box pops up when it crashes, today I played for about 3 hours, crashed 13 times, pretty frustrating, hoping for a fix soon.

At least you can play

But we cannot do anything without critical information.

3 hours ago, CaptTardpie said:

Hope this helps, thanks...

Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 6.12.32 PM.png

I also require the CLOG file.

• Pony51 changed the title to Crash OS 11 Game Crash to Desktop - hopefully compliant format.