Dev Server 2.0.0.21 on Linux runs Vulkan natively :]

I actually have to retract my previous doubts about Gaijiin's ability to fix the problems anytime soon.

Not only did they fix the black smokes, they also fixed the launcher.

An to top it all : the game works on a Xorg plasma session but also on an pure openbox (with compton)....

Bravo to the dev team and my sincere apologies...

medal medal medal medal

43 minutes ago, ZenAviator said:

How to get the dev server for Linux? I can't found any details for linux but only windows version mentioned everywhere.

in the WarThunder folder, go to "config.blk" and search the yunetwork part, should look like this

yunetwork{
  curCircuit:t="dev"
  isExpertMode:b=yes
  webStatusPort:i=23456
  webStatusLocalhostOnly:b=yes
  enableWebStatus:b=no
}

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 19/11/2020 at 18:33, BLCRAFT said:

Did you do anything for the launcher to get fixed? It's still a blackscreen for me.

Also, are the files supposed to look like this? image.thumb.png.71d0a0601cce16d8a4fadc07

I still had a black screen to prove a point to my brother today.  Then launched it again an hour later and it works. o_o

Many thanks to Gaijibbles!  I can once again get my daily fix of bussian rias. xD

medal

20 minutes ago, GuardianPhoenix said:

I still had a black screen to prove a point to my brother today.  Then launched it again an hour later and it works. o_o

Many thanks to Gaijibbles!  I can once again get my daily fix of bussian rias. xD

Still black screen on launcher :(

1 hour ago, GuardianPhoenix said:

I'd maybe suggest leaving the launcher to stay open to see if it downloads/installs any updates, and if that fails validate the game on steam. o:

Whenever I leave the open the launcher, it closes after about half a minute. I do suspect the launcher is doing some work while it's open, but I don't know why it closes.

Edited by BLCRAFT

Don't pay much attention to me but I think the latest libx11 update to 1.7 has made a difference too in cursor input and stutter. The vulkan client is feeling very snappy and smooth, along with some crashes too of course, but otherwise it is feeling much better (or maybe it's a placebo, who knows).

I'm on arch linux using GNOME on xorg with nvidia's latest drivers.

• Upvote 1

Hello @BLCRAFT,

Are you still experiencing the same issue? If so could you please upload a launcher log from when this happens?

Hello @capiroto_pauzudo,

Does running the launcher using this command help?

__NV_PRIME_RENDER_OFFLOAD=1 __GLX_VENDOR_LIBRARY_NAME=nvidia ./launcher

Also make sure you have the nvidia-prime package installed.

On 27/11/2020 at 14:30, apemax said:

Hello @BLCRAFT,

Are you still experiencing the same issue? If so could you please upload a launcher log from when this happens?

Hello @capiroto_pauzudo,

Does running the launcher using this command help?

__NV_PRIME_RENDER_OFFLOAD=1 __GLX_VENDOR_LIBRARY_NAME=nvidia ./launcher

Also make sure you have the nvidia-prime package installed.

Sure, I do have nvidia-prime working properly and tried the referred command line to launch, unfortunately not working yet.
will keep trying other things that i find on the web, if successful i'm gonna post the solution, thanks in advance =)

@Pixtolero,

Does lowering your graphical settings help? If you have anything open in the background, Like Firefox, Does closing that help? Also, Could you please upload the .clog and .dmp files from the same session you got that error as well as your full system information as per the reporting guidelines?

2 hours ago, Pixtolero said:

Thanks ToyeLinux, I guess it's related to my NVIDIA Geforce 750ti. I hope the update will not make troubles with Nvidia users on Linux.

honestly for next time try to get an amd gpu.

You will have a lot less headaches, not just in WarThunder, in general .

medal medal medal medal medal medal