Jump to content

Dev Server 2.0.0.21 on Linux runs Vulkan natively :]


20 minutes ago, mistrjirka said:

Hi Nexio_ I was testing Vulkan even before it was official and I know one stupid workaround. Press alt + F2 + shift to switch to command line and turning off the X server then navigate to Warthudner install directory (Something like .local/share/Steam/steamapps/War Thunder/linux64) and type startx ./aces. This will launch the game perfectly working, btw the performance is more than three times as much as before. If something does not work tell me I am on Manjaro 19 cinnamon (but that is not important really).

I also have some suspicion that this behaviour is something with the Linux AMDGPU driver itself, because the game run perfectly without any glitches. Also the fact it cannot be launched in Desktop enviroment seems to be some kind of problem with the Dekstop enviroment itself, because if you focus on  different window the game's window is rendering perfectly, but if you click into it black screen

I can confirm that this method definitely *almost* works. Sound and the game itself works perfectly, but you can't play any matches because EasyAntiCheat kicks you out shortly after.

medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SzymonKurzacz said:

 

It cannot be AMDGPU - i have Mint 20 w/ Cinnamon on AMD Ryzen-5 3600X. And this AMD has no GPU on board, i'm on NVidia GTX1650 SUPER.

 

Game indeed starts when launched via "sudo startx ./aces", but does not recognises steam login then.

Hi, I am using RX480 that is why I thought this might be AMDGPU problem. What you are saying is really interesting, because that means WT developers should be able to fix this issue soon. The reason you dont see steam login is because it is in "standalone" mode where no steam overlays and functions are loaded. I have idea how to fix this try "startx  steam steam://rungameid/236390" insteadof navigating into WT folder when you are in command line

13 minutes ago, Unaimed73509 said:

 

Can confirm - this works (except for me switching to different TTY is ctrl+alt+f(1/2/3/4 etc)

 

However, this doesn't seem to enable EAC, so I got booted out of a game almost immediately and I had no sound in TTY2

Fortunately, this means that proper vulkan support is right around the corner (fingers crossed)

Weird because I can, I do not know if the EAC is loaded or not, if you have some way that I can test it please tell me. I can play all matches

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, mistrjirka said:

Hi, I am using RX480 that is why I thought this might be AMDGPU problem. What you are saying is really interesting, because that means WT developers should be able to fix this issue soon. The reason you dont see steam login is because it is in "standalone" mode where no steam overlays and functions are loaded. I have idea how to fix this try "startx  steam steam://rungameid/236390" insteadof navigating into WT folder when you are in command line

Weird because I can, I do not know if the EAC is loaded or not, if you have some way that I can test it please tell me. I can play all matches

My first tank RB match kicked me out after like 2min of gameplay because of EAC. Played Air RB as a second match and I managed to play it all the way through without kicks, weird :/

medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2020 at 17:50, KVNU said:

So far it ran flawlessly for me, maxing out my refresh rate of 120hz in pretty much any situation on pretty much movie settings at 3440x1440 resolution.

Long awaited options like HQ TAA antialiasing are also available! No DLSS tho, despite me having a RTX 2700 Super atm. But I am not sure if any game would be able to support this feature on Linux :rolleyes:


Nvidia drivers for Linux have supported DLSS since July 2020, so if there is a problem, it's definitely on Gaijin's side of things.

  • Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to like to say that the game runs better now on my rtx 2080 with this new graphics update.  nvidia 450.80.02

 

im running max graphics minus aa because at 4k res aa is stupid and i ise nvidia setrings anistropy set to high performance flipping enabled no texture clamping and no sync to vbank

 

no lens flare

 

 

Edited by [email protected]
medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vulkan confirmed as default!! :D

Finally better performance and visual quality!

 

AMD RX480 here and the game works fine in vulkan with AMDGPU (mesa) drivers, the only problem i notices is the (still) black screen on startup, but glad that vulkan is finally the default!

 

Thank you Gaijin!

medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, higuita7 said:

Vulkan confirmed as default!! :D

Finally better performance and visual quality!

 

AMD RX480 here and the game works fine in vulkan with AMDGPU (mesa) drivers, the only problem i notices is the (still) black screen on startup, but glad that vulkan is finally the default!

 

Thank you Gaijin!

Interesting thing is that the bug with Vulkan was there even in beta testing the game interesting they did not fix it

And I mean like beta a year ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, I must say I'm very impressed with latest engine update (WT - New Power) . Vulkan stack is finally working out of the box and WITHOUT ANY ISSUES. I'm able to run the game on my GTX1080 in 4K +60 FPS with graphics settings all set to max (Movie settings). HQ TAA looks amazing even in 4K as the vegetation and plants finally looks smooth!. Everything is stable so far, no crashes, glitches and other issues.

 

The game finally looks amazing also on LINUX and is on par with other platforms. 

 

Big thanks to Gaijin for amazing improvement. Keep the good work!

medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, mistrjirka said:

What do you have for GPU?

And the desktop enviroment?

 

 

I'm running on Ubuntu 20.04 (stock), using only PPA (ppa.launchpad.net/graphics-drivers/ppa/ubuntu) for latest Nvidia drivers (455.38 at the moment), all other packages are distro-default 

 

My HW settins at the moment>

[email protected]:~$ sudo inxi -F
System:    Host: tony-pc Kernel: 5.4.0-52-generic x86_64 bits: 64 Desktop: Gnome 3.36.4 
           Distro: Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS (Focal Fossa) 
Machine:   Type: Desktop Mobo: ASUSTeK model: CROSSHAIR VI HERO v: Rev 1.xx serial: 170398534001683 UEFI: American Megatrends 
           v: 7901 date: 07/31/2020 
CPU:       Topology: 6-Core model: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X bits: 64 type: MT MCP L2 cache: 3072 KiB 
           Speed: 1893 MHz min/max: 2200/3600 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 1883 2: 1949 3: 1822 4: 3750 5: 1897 6: 1953 7: 1803 
           8: 3727 9: 1974 10: 1884 11: 1898 12: 1968 
Graphics:  Device-1: NVIDIA GP104 [GeForce GTX 1080] driver: nvidia v: 455.38 
           Display: server: X.Org 1.20.8 driver: nvidia resolution: 3840x2160~60Hz 
           OpenGL: renderer: GeForce GTX 1080/PCIe/SSE2 v: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 455.38 
Audio:     Device-1: NVIDIA GP104 High Definition Audio driver: snd_hda_intel 
           Device-2: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 17h HD Audio driver: snd_hda_intel 
           Sound Server: ALSA v: k5.4.0-52-generic 
Network:   Device-1: Intel I211 Gigabit Network driver: igb 
           IF: enp4s0 state: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full mac: 60:45:cb:9d:95:16 
Drives:    Local Storage: total: 8.41 TiB used: 3.20 TiB (38.1%) 
           ID-1: /dev/sda vendor: Kingston model: SHFS37A240G size: 223.57 GiB 
           ID-2: /dev/sdb vendor: Western Digital model: WD10EZEX-60WN4A0 size: 931.51 GiB 
           ID-3: /dev/sdc type: USB vendor: Hitachi model: ICY BOX ICY BOX IB-3620 size: 3.64 TiB 
           ID-4: /dev/sdd type: USB vendor: Hitachi model: ICY BOX ICY BOX IB-3620 size: 3.64 TiB 
RAID:      Device-1: md0 type: mdraid status: active raid: mirror report: 2/2 UU Components: online: sdd1~c1 sdc1~c0 
Partition: ID-1: / size: 216.88 GiB used: 165.25 GiB (76.2%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/dm-1 
           ID-2: /boot size: 704.5 MiB used: 219.4 MiB (31.1%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda2 
           ID-3: swap-1 size: 976.0 MiB used: 91.3 MiB (9.4%) fs: swap dev: /dev/dm-2 
Sensors:   System Temperatures: cpu: 40.6 C mobo: N/A gpu: nvidia temp: 35 C 
           Fan Speeds (RPM): N/A gpu: nvidia fan: 0% 
Info:      Processes: 435 Uptime: 14h 40m Memory: 15.63 GiB used: 5.30 GiB (33.9%) Shell: bash inxi: 3.0.38 

 

Btw, are here any AMD GPU users ? How does the new game update run on AMD cards?. I'm specially curious about Navi card users as that's the GPU I'm currently for. 

Edited by Hero_of_CCCP
medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The vulkan renderer definitely has more noticeable input lag than openGL when using vsync. I don't know if this is a war thunder issue or nvidia.

 

Also vsync stutters and has frame drops as opposed to when not using vsync. So in other words, vsync sucks with vulkan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, mistrjirka said:

Interesting thing is that the bug with Vulkan was there even in beta testing the game interesting they did not fix it

And I mean like beta a year ago

 

It's extremely annoying that this bug still exists; and it's definitely fixable as Warthunder is the ONLY Vulkan game I have with this problem. 

Even the LAUNCHER blacks out my screens after this update.

medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slackware Linux

AMD A10-7850K

AMD RX480 with mesa 20.2.2

Fluxbox as window manager (with click to focus, as focus follow mouse makes the mouse leaving the game in dual screen setups, also a old bug)

 

The smoke problem looks like a nvidia related problem (looking to a few reports), in my AMD mesa it is working fine

UPDATE: just started the game again and got a new update and after this update my setup is also getting the black smoke, so not really a nvidia problem, the update broke the smoke in vulkan

 

We all agree that the black screen is annoying, but probably they either find it a minor bug or fail to replicate in their development setup (and of course, didn't really flag the bug as important to block the release)

At least, now those are supported issues, with vulkan going live (instead of getting that vulkan was not supported at the time)

Edited by higuita7
Update info for the latest game update
medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, charbelnicolas said:

The vulkan renderer definitely has more noticeable input lag than openGL when using vsync. I don't know if this is a war thunder issue or nvidia.

 

Also vsync stutters and has frame drops as opposed to when not using vsync. So in other words, vsync sucks with vulkan.

Maybe nvidia problem, I am able to run it when I go to the terminal only mode and no lag at all on RX480.

12 hours ago, GuardianPhoenix said:

 

It's extremely annoying that this bug still exists; and it's definitely fixable as Warthunder is the ONLY Vulkan game I have with this problem. 

Even the LAUNCHER blacks out my screens after this update.

Before the update like the major update I had the problem with the launcher for a week, I think that is very weitd

 

6 hours ago, higuita7 said:

Slackware Linux

AMD A10-7850K

AMD RX480 with mesa 20.2.2

Fluxbox as window manager (with click to focus, as focus follow mouse makes the mouse leaving the game in dual screen setups, also a old bug)

 

The smoke problem looks like a nvidia related problem (looking to a few reports), in my AMD mesa it is working fine

UPDATE: just started the game again and got a new update and after this update my setup is also getting the black smoke, so not really a nvidia problem, the update broke the smoke in vulkan

 

We all agree that the black screen is annoying, but probably they either find it a minor bug or fail to replicate in their development setup (and of course, didn't really flag the bug as important to block the release)

At least, now those are supported issues, with vulkan going live (instead of getting that vulkan was not supported at the time)

Did you run it like in desktop or in the turn of X server and run it from terminal mode?

Also how I said before if some dev needs logs or has any idea how to debug it. I am glad to help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...