This is getting out of hand.... I experience this bug in a level that's directly impacting my game at least once every day.

How in the flying douchman can this be unpatched for so long? 

• Upvote 1
medal

On 10/11/2020 at 01:23, NotTheWave said:

Edit: nevermind...ULQ & Bush Abuser, not worth the effort.

but half of linup full with 40 € + euro tanks after 9 months 24/7 playing .

.gaijin gets money, mission accomplished :biggrin:

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

7 hours ago, PeSeC said:

what game i play?

Youre playing a game where the game itself has issues rendering the enemy. 

Try to find one more game that has this issue, you will not be able to do that probably. :burned:

medal

I was fortunate enough to get some clarification on this subject so it can finally be put to bed. Thanks to @Gawr_Gura for the images and explanation.

There are 2 factors at play when it comes to rendering enemy tanks.

1. Crew level - specifically the "keen vision" skill. 
    Spoiler

0fJtfBb.png

2. And In conjunction you need to take into account a vehicles visibility.
    Spoiler

S6ikVCi.png

For example, lets say you have an aced crew. This would mean you'll be able to see an mbt in an open field from lets say 1.5km away (it varies between tanks and crews).

Contrast this with a level 1 keen vision crew:

Spoiler

X95IbUY.png

And you may only see them 600m away.

Note: A tank can be sitting in an open field completely invisible until they fire their gun or move, which increases the detection range.

In essence, level your Keen Vision skill. It'll allow you to see targets from further away. 

Edited by TheCheshireCat
  • Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

15 hours ago, TheCheshireCat said:

A tank can be sitting in an open field completely invisible until they fire their gun or move, which increases the detection range.

nice realism battle

18 hours ago, TheCheshireCat said:

I was fortunate enough to get some clarification on this subject so it can finally be put to bed. Thanks to @Gawr_Gura for the images and explanation.

Hide contents

image.png

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

For example, lets say you have an aced crew. This would mean you'll be able to see an mbt in an open field from lets say 1.5km away (it varies between tanks and crews).

Hide contents

image.png

Note: A tank can be sitting in an open field completely invisible until they fire their gun or move, which increases the detection range.

In essence, level your Keen Vision skill. It'll allow you to see targets from further away. 

Then the mechanic is not good/working properly. In some lineups i have aced lvl150-crews and i still encounter this problem with enemies in ranges not further than 300-500m. An aced lvl150-crew should see a tank when it stares directly at it at 400m, even if it's not moving or shooting. Funny sidenote: the invisible tanks are also invisible in the replay, so the game itself seems to have problems/misinterpret the mechanic, leading to such annoying hickups.

It's so bad now that i insta-leave a match when this happens because there simply is no point at all fighting against invisible enemies and as it happens on a regular base now i call it a day and stop playing more often now. As GJ is so afraid of queue times they better fix it soon as i can imagine that im'm not the only one doing so.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Fixed the images in my original post.

9 minutes ago, Dodger79 said:

Then the mechanic is not good/working properly. In some lineups i have aced lvl150-crews and i still encounter this problem with enemies in ranges not further than 300-500m. An aced lvl150-crew should see a tank when it stares directly at it at 400m, even if it's not moving or shooting. Funny sidenote: the invisible tanks are also invisible in the replay, so the game itself seems to have problems/misinterpret the mechanic, leading to such annoying hickups.

It's so bad now that i insta-leave a match when this happens because there simply is no point at all fighting against invisible enemies and as it happens on a regular base now i call it a day and stop playing more often now. As GJ is so afraid of queue times they better fix it soon as i can imagine that im'm not the only one doing so.

I'll have to speak to @Gawr_Gura about this, perhaps we're missing something.

Just to clarify, this is a visual representation of how the mechanic works:

Spoiler

ICIbQ1e.png

The lines demonstrate sight range based on level of keen vision.

I'm planning on working on a guide explaining what all the crew skills do, so if I don't post more of a clarification in here, it's likely going in the guide. I'll link to it here when it's done if I don't post an explanation here directly.

Edited by TheCheshireCat

27 minutes ago, Dodger79 said:

I do appreciate the effort, but perhaps it would be better to just get rid of this buggy mechanic in _realistic_ battles?

Unfortunately, the only people who would have a say in something like that would be the devs.

If you want to have such a mechanic changed, the most likely way to have feedback acted upon would be to post in the moderated suggestions subforum and making the developers aware that removal or a rework of the keen vision mechanic would benefit the game.

You might be able to get away with contacting the team in the "questions to the team" section, but you'd have to word it in such a way that it's an actual question. For example;

"Is there any potential for the Keen Vision mechanic to be reworked or removed? As it stands, it's unrealistic and/or confusing."

As feedback is accepted in all parts of the forums, expressing your distaste for the mechanic is welcome here, but it's unlikely if not impossible for anything to be changed without going through the official channels.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Dodger79 said:

I do appreciate the effort, but perhaps it would be better to just get rid of this buggy mechanic in _realistic_ battles?

Even if mechanic is working properly IMO it shouldn't be in RB/SB. Game shouldn't decide what player can see or not. Human eye is very good at detecting moving objects (not to mention tanks which pick up lost of dust and have rather big exhaust pipes). Static objects not so much. Thats why in sniper training school detection of static objects is very important part of training.

medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Dodger79 said:

Funny sidenote: the invisible tanks are also invisible in the replay, so the game itself seems to have problems/misinterpret the mechanic, leading to such annoying hickups.

Local replays track you and your allies only, or a enemy marked by blind hunt or avenger.

If a tank is invisible on your reply file, it means you do not see it, an your reply file will NOT track.

Local replay files are limited in recordings, if you want to watch a server replay and see enemies you can.

6 hours ago, PeSeC said:

nice realism battle

If the function wasn't intended, the keen skill wouldn't exist.

Remember this is a Fictional War Game with Vehicles from across time, no body stated this was a full realism game.

1 hour ago, KH_Alan said:

Even if mechanic is working properly IMO it shouldn't be in RB/SB. Game shouldn't decide what player can see or not. Human eye is very good at detecting moving objects (not to mention tanks which pick up lost of dust and have rather big exhaust pipes). Static objects not so much. Thats why in sniper training school detection of static objects is very important part of training.

What @TheCheshireCat suggested, 

If you want to have such a mechanic changed, the most likely way to have feedback acted upon would be to post in the moderated suggestions subforum  and making the developers aware that removal or a rework of the keen vision mechanic would benefit the game.

If you think your keen vision is not working correctly, please make a report in the Moderated Section for Bug Reports Here, and we can investigate the issue further, though as was stated before, what I seen and what everyone is typing is normal gameplay behavior and has been normal gameplay behavior since the introduction to of the Keen Vision skill.

Remember, Update 2.0 was worked on for a long time, keen vision most likely was updated / fixed with better calculations in the formulas (I can check on this and edit this if mistaken)

Complaining in a discussion thread most of the time will not solve issues until the issue is risen in a bug report, or when ever the next round robbin section comes for moderated suggestions to be passed to devs for consideration.

Now what I suggest here, you make a bug report, me and other tech mods will check it out when you provide all the info and proper files and you read everything to make sure the report is valid. I will be happy to raise this issue once that is done, and when someone informs me if they made a report (preferably in DM) just incase something is missing etc and more info is needed.

I can understand the frustration that this can cause, but please remember, our forums have rules, each sub section of the forum has more rules, no one is special here.

You can continue to discuss here, but please keep it civil, most discussions will end up locking the thread [by a Forum Mod] if the commenting goes sour and hates gets shifted around or the thread just turns into a yapp yapp thread and nothing good comes from it.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 24/11/2020 at 19:51, Gawr_Gura said:

delete that skill.
its hularious, man.
I was at a tank training camp, and from 1 km you can see not that a tank, but a lonely man.

and same question - is that realistic battle?

On 24/11/2020 at 19:51, Gawr_Gura said:

If you think your keen vision is not working correctly

man. can you see that pare of screen

On 23/11/2020 at 01:59, PeSeC said:

distance - 600-700m.

binoculus - *3

WHY THAT BMP TELEPORTED FROM AIR?

you moderator? can you help me to make bagreport?

This is 99% a bug, not a feature for realism battles, and and has been in the game since basically forever. I remember tanks disappearing in certain spots right in front of me since 2014.

Obviously it has to do with the game not rendering enemy tanks when they are out of your line of sight - and when the game thinks a tank is not in your LOS when it actually is, the tank goes invisible, which happens quite often as you said, especially at certain spots, long range and when tanks are zooming around corners at high speed.

Edited by Noh4x
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If it's in the match it should be rendered. We don't need the game telling us what we can and cannot see. We have WoT for that. The only reason WT has high tier tanks and players to drive them is because of two things: 1) Steel Beasts Pro PE is too expensive. 2) Gunner Heat PC is not out of alpha yet. You have competition, Gaijin. One doesn't smell the blood in the water yet and the other is just getting started. I'm watching GHPC. It has everything high tier tanks offer in this game without all the gimmicky mechanics.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
medal

On 10/11/2020 at 20:58, ManOfHarlech said:

Check this short clip of mine. Focus on the second Tiger. You'll see him vanishing in thin air for a split of a second...

It's from times long before the anticheat. It's even from times before anyone from Gaijin admitted there might be cheaters in WT. It's from the ancient times when were told, that cheating in WT is "not possible"... :)

So it is from yesterday? :016:

Keen vision was explained as at what distance you crew auto spotts tanks in Arcade battle.

On 24/11/2020 at 17:51, Gawr_Gura said:

Local replays track you and your allies only, or a enemy marked by blind hunt or avenger.

If a tank is invisible on your reply file, it means you do not see it, an your reply file will NOT track.

Local replay files are limited in recordings, if you want to watch a server replay and see enemies you can.

Remember this is a Fictional War Game with Vehicles from across time, no body stated this was a full realism game.

No one says that anymore. That was once the "selling" point.

Remember, Update 2.0 was worked on for a long time, keen vision most likely was updated / fixed with better calculations in the formulas (I can check on this and edit this if mistaken)

<sarcasm>

Yes indeed the update new power is flawless and no game braking bugs have been introduced.

</sarcasm>

Please do recheck and also recheck the correct funktion in realisic battle and simulator.

If it realy is intended to work like this and tanks are going to be invisible I can go and play world of tanks were tanks go invisible going thrue bushes ... Pretty mutch why I don't touch that garbage game even if you give it to me for free.

Complaining in a discussion thread most of the time will not solve issues until the issue is risen in a bug report, or when ever the next round robbin section comes for moderated suggestions to be passed to devs for consideration.

Now what I suggest here, you make a bug report, me and other tech mods will check it out when you provide all the info and proper files and you read everything to make sure the report is valid. I will be happy to raise this issue once that is done, and when someone informs me if they made a report (preferably in DM) just incase something is missing etc and more info is needed.

I will be happy to give you that bug report if I have again a game where it happens and you can see it nicely.

The problem is the enemys arent so frindly to drive in the right spott in the right time to see it happen.

As it seems not to be dependent from the distance but from server load also it happens more frequently with fast tanks. Even while the game tells me that  I have a 40ms ping and 0% Packetloss.

Concidering that it is no wonder that there are now more reports as the servers are quite often full.

I can understand the frustration that this can cause, but please remember, our forums have rules, each sub section of the forum has more rules, no one is special here.

You can continue to discuss here, but please keep it civil, most discussions will end up locking the thread [by a Forum Mod] if the commenting goes sour and hates gets shifted around or the thread just turns into a yapp yapp thread and nothing good comes from it.

So please get us the RIGHT information as there is nothing official to find.

Keen vision function in:

AC->

RB->

SIM->

Unless we know how it should be - how should we know whats a bug and what not.

• Like 1
medal medal medal

• 3 weeks later...

This seems to be some kind of BUG that I also encountered, once I was attacked in front of me in battle and I couldn't find the enemy at all and the second time I tried to search with my telescope the enemy suddenly appeared less than 1000M in front of me.

On 23/11/2020 at 07:18, Turra said:

Youre playing a game where the game itself has issues rendering the enemy. 

Try to find one more game that has this issue, you will not be able to do that probably. :burned:

I've been playing games since 2006 and iInever had this issue in a game before. It's really annoying and i hope that gijin someday might fix stuff like this and not add xxxx things like sparks on tracks that nobody asked for.

On 23/11/2020 at 20:13, TheCheshireCat said:

Reveal hidden contents

0fJtfBb.png

Reveal hidden contents

S6ikVCi.png

Reveal hidden contents

X95IbUY.png

Sorry but these stats are only for Arcade-Mode the red markers.

I have no problem to see enemies at rangers more then 2300 meters with not skilled crew.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

17 minutes ago, LuftKaffee said:

Sorry but these stats are only for Arcade-Mode the red markers.

I have no problem to see enemies at rangers more then 2300 meters with not skilled crew.

I was giving hypothetical figures. Keen vision affects all game modes.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...