Leclerc S1 vs S2

Vince_Grant

40 minutes ago, Vince_Grant said:

Been looking at the stats of these two, but cant seem to spot the difference. Is it engine power or something like that?

1 minute ago, Arakneo said:

only the electronics

that are inside

Here are the major differences as far as i know:

- New NBC system

- Addition of an air conditioning unit

- Modified track tensioning system

- Additional storage bins on the turret

- Improved sponson protection. (Not sure if side hull was slightly thickened),

- New gunner sight (IRIS) with tranche/batch 9

- Counterweight/thickening of left turret cheek

- New front mudflaps

- Addition of a front hull splash guard

- New drive sprockets with heat sink head.

• Thanks 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, Laviduce said:

Here are the major differences as far as i know:

- New NBC system

- Addition of an air conditioning unit

- Modified track tensioning system

- Additional storage bins on the turret

- Improved sponson protection. (Not sure if side hull was slightly thickened),

- New gunner sight (IRIS) with tranche/batch 9

- Counterweight/thickening of left turret cheek

- New front mudflaps

- Addition of a front hull splash guard

- New drive sprockets with heat sink head.

So basically in WT its the exact same tank? The gunner sight doesnt change?

• Sad 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Pointless addition to the game.

Not like you can even realistically afford to spawn 2 Leclercs with their repair costs.

Least they could have done was give it a new round, but I guess its not a Soviet or German tank so copy paste is about all the effort the nation gets right now.

Still gaping hole for recce, AA, affordable backups, and any high tier ATGMs. 

• Confused 4
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, iLOVEwindmills said:

Pointless addition to the game.

Not like you can even realistically afford to spawn 2 Leclercs with their repair costs.

Least they could have done was give it a new round, but I guess its not a Soviet or German tank so copy paste is about all the effort the nation gets right now.

Still gaping hole for recce, AA, affordable backups, and any high tier ATGMs. 

well it would have been a nice upgrade if it had acces to the obfl f2 and the azur armor package

• Upvote 1
medal medal

6 minutes ago, Arakneo said:

well it would have been a nice upgrade if it had acces to the obfl f2 and the azur armor package

True, it would at least give somewhat of an answer to the insanely stacked Soviet line and the 2A6.

Perhaps it still happens, seems doubtful though.

• Upvote 1

They forcibly give us a 2nd leclerc after 20 + months passed since S1 came out. Ofc they not going to do anything other than copy past every part they can and only make the parts like turret that are a bit different to s1. middle flat section of hull has 550ish mm protection and then looking at its 77 degree UFP is not even 300mm protection against apfsds. It already has the biggest mantlet area at 86mm armor only out of all top tiers. Not even this clearly absurd ufp armor gasnt been fixed for over 20 months. Expecting anything for france at this point from gaijin is just pointless.

It would be a very good addition if gaijin actually bothered for once for a nation that isnt russian or german. 

Edited by DrWhiskey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

giving the seocnd leclerc this under 300mm ufp is like giving both strv122 a ufp of 400-450mm ... Why strv122 has to get a correct ufp armor and leclerc is denied this for over 1.5 years no... ALl things regarding france is just hopeless at this point.:facepalm:

32 minutes ago, Cedjoe said:

I was expecting the S2 to come, but I would've hoped for a better round at least, and an armor package modification at best, but we got neither, so it's "just" a backup sadly. Better than nothing I guess :dntknw:

Yes, it would be awsome to see an new round and armour pack, I would totally be happy with it but no, ofc they will not eaven going to comment on it. Hell somehow I dont eaven believe they will have the shame to do a devblog on it, since the pros would be: A backup for S1" 

The cons: "A copy past S1". 

And somehow I believe we will still reck them now that we have 2 to use. 

Edited by vascolopes
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, vascolopes said:

Yes, it would be awsome to see an new round and armour pack, I would totally be happy with it but no, ofc they will not eaven going to comment on it.

Smin said it's not getting it because current Leclerc is already good enough.

Nobody debates the Leclerc is great but the reasoning obviously makes no sense. If we're going by that logic we wouldn't get a 2A6 and certainly not a T90 with lolpen round. Yet here we are.

Oh well, at least its an RP dumpster bin. Though don't see the point in actually playing it unless it starts off being dirt cheap.

If its hull armor performed correctly no1 logical would ask for a stronger shell. How logical is it that a football field sized ufp can be penned by 105mm apfsds like m774. C'mon.... this is just stupid at this point. 

9 hours ago, iLOVEwindmills said:

Nobody debates the Leclerc is great but the reasoning obviously makes no sense. If we're going by that logic we wouldn't get a 2A6 and certainly not a T90 with lolpen round. Yet here we are.

Oh well, at least its an RP dumpster bin. Though don't see the point in actually playing it unless it starts off being dirt cheap.

That is the xxxx argument from them. So germany 2a5 one the best mbt in the game (I own it), was underperforming, so they not only added an 2a6 and felt the need to give it an dm 53? Why not keep the dm 33 with the improved performance from  long barrel gun? That i's just sand to peoples eyes. If it's rassya or germania and USA they will add it. All the rest of us is "perfoming excelently".

3 hours ago, vascolopes said:

That is the xxxx argument from them. So germany 2a5 one the best mbt in the game (I own it), was underperforming, so they not only added an 2a6 and felt the need to give it an dm 53? Why not keep the dm 33 with the improved performance from  long barrel gun? That i's just sand to peoples eyes. If it's rassya or germania and USA they will add it. All the rest of us is "perfoming excelently".

German 2A5 is now cheaper than the Swedish 2A4. Don't even bother comparing it to the actual German 2A4. 

So yes, if you make decisions based on fundamentally flawed system where identical tanks can have double the repairs cost, you get nonsense like this. 

This won't change until they appropriately start factoring in player skill for determining vehicle efficiency. 

Edited by iLOVEwindmills

Arguing and even opening topics like this is futile... USA GER AND USSR matters only on some peoples minds. All other nations are just a nuisance they just half-heartedly add things to other nations. As long as a nation doesnt bring in tons of $$$ no need for any kind of actual work to be done. Copy paste the 1.5+ year old model with its beyond stupid armor layout, not even give it a new shell ( which isnt even as good as dm53 irl) and expect people to be happy about a copy paste 10.7 mbt that can get its ufp penned by 9.7 or even 9.3 tanks. The inconsistency is unreal. 

The added tons arent mainly armor... things like improved air conditioner thermals etc only turret left side got 2-3 cm of extra armor. S2 wont be as fast as S1 and it will probably be a noticable difference in acceleration. Leclerc already loses much more speed than any other mbt at 10.7 when turning and now it get near 4 more tonnes nothing new for it and the same bugged armor.

No engineer would design a hull that has 550mm middle section and then 280-300mm on UFP lmao it is hilariously pathetic this armor model. I was hopeful until i saw s2 in devserver that they might at least give the ufp its normal protection of 460-470mm but noooooo leclerc must be penned by anything even 1.4 br lower. 

Edited by DrWhiskey
  • Sad 1

On 04/11/2020 at 23:40, iLOVEwindmills said:

lol the french players are good

and 

germans players are xxxx

thats what he shouldev said, becaus i cant see how a xxxx can be good with overpowered tank and yet still fail so hard

they even come to this side of the forrums to complain "i cant pen thistank pls nerf it" and the devs actualy nerfs the tank

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, AlphaVI said:

lol the french players are good

and 

germans players are xxxx

i agree with you on this. When u play a nation which is unloved or not profitable, you compensate by having a better strategy and aim for the weak spot. 

This video explain it very well : 

7 hours ago, AlphaVI said:

they even come to this side of the forrums to complain "i cant pen this tank pls nerf it" and the devs actualy nerfs the tank

But like in the French society they prefer crying and telling there are victims because the game is hard. ( they just want to clic on the tank and kill). It's a game, build a strategy and don't rush, use your brain. But it's easier to cry and ask for a better tank. They need to understand that, they can had the better tank, i'll always be in my leclerc for killing them.

to understand i play at french 10.7 ( Leclerc, mirage 3 and Amx10RC) : the last one is hard to play but if you apply what i said before it's work perfectly.

Anyway i agree with you it's sad to see how the dev work for the kid with money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
medal medal medal

6 hours ago, pinguin29 said:

i agree with you on this. When u play a nation which is unloved or not profitable, you compensate by having a better strategy and aim for the weak spot. 

This video explain it very well : 

But like in the French society they prefer crying and telling there are victims because the game is hard. ( they just want to clic on the tank and kill). It's a game, build a strategy and don't rush, use your brain. But it's easier to cry and ask for a better tank. They need to understand that, they can had the better tank, i'll always be in my leclerc for killing them.

to understand i play at french 10.7 ( Leclerc, mirage 3 and Amx10RC) : the last one is hard to play but if you apply what i said before it's work perfectly.

Anyway i agree with you it's sad to see how the dev work for the kid with money.

I play USA, GER, CCCP, FRA, ITA and SWE. Its not the point of having a new tank. They add it wrongly, they keep adding french weapons systems and  tank  and IFV turrets to other nations, but not to france. Its all adding up.

Edited by vascolopes
  • Thanks 1