Kocant12

With the new carriers I think it will be added

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Upvote 2
medal

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/10/2020 at 03:01, PickleJarOfDeath said:

My guess is early 2021. I’m hyped for the F-15 which is probably going to be early to mid 2021 just by my guess.

Well the F-14A was not that good of an Platform and did not Perform Well due to the Pratt&Whittney TF-30 Engines just not putting out enough thrust for the Plane.

It also had a serious case of Compressor Stalls incidents with the A variant.

So the F-14A is the most likely version we would see if at all in 2021 since the B variant what upgraded with latirn and General Electric F-110/GE-400 Engines which provided way more Performance and reliability.

As for the F-15 that thing is a Monster pretty much from the get go it still hold up today as a prime Fighter just because the Airframe on the F-15 is so balanced the only real adversaries are the Su-27/30/33/35 Flankers and the likes even a Mig-29 will have a hard time against an F-15 so we probably wont see that best for at least 2 more years despite it being developed in the 70's.

With the current Battlerating in Place with the F-4E and Mig-21Bis sitting at 10.7 the F-14 would be a 11.7 or 12.0 with the F15 sitting at 13.0 lowest 12.7 since the powercreep would be too much for any other Nation aside from Russia.

Britain has nothing to throw at the F-15 other then a Tornado ADV which is not on par with an F-15/Germany has Tornado IDS which is setup for low level flight and not high level Interdiction.

China probably has some Copied Su-27's which could handle themseves 

Italy Operated all 3 Variants of the Tornado in addition to F-16's which also would require to have them added 

Japan has F-15's 

France would need to get upgraded Mirage III Variants as well as the Mirage F1 Series.

Sweden would require the J-37 Viggen 

So you see 1-2 Planes would require all other nations to up their game by alot and the F-14 is by far easier to balance coz she is not a nimble fighter especially using the A variant.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 12/11/2020 at 09:48, CreditCardCmndo said:

Well the F-14A was not that good of an Platform and did not Perform Well due to the Pratt&Whittney TF-30 Engines just not putting out enough thrust for the Plane.

So the F-14A is the most likely version we would see if at all in 2021 since the B variant what upgraded with latirn and General Electric F-110/GE-400 Engines which provided way more Performance and reliability.

As for the F-15 that thing is a Monster pretty much from the get go it still hold up today as a prime Fighter just because the Airframe on the F-15 is so balanced the only real adversaries are the Su-27/30/33/35 Flankers and the likes even a Mig-29 will have a hard time against an F-15 so we probably wont see that best for at least 2 more years despite it being developed in the 70's.

With the current Battlerating in Place with the F-4E and Mig-21Bis sitting at 10.7 the F-14 would be a 11.7 or 12.0 with the F15 sitting at 13.0 lowest 12.7 since the powercreep would be too much for any other Nation aside from Russia.

Britain has nothing to throw at the F-15 other then a Tornado ADV which is not on par with an F-15/Germany has Tornado IDS which is setup for low level flight and not high level Interdiction.

China probably has some Copied Su-27's which could handle themseves 

Italy Operated all 3 Variants of the Tornado in addition to F-16's which also would require to have them added 

Japan has F-15's 

France would need to get upgraded Mirage III Variants as well as the Mirage F1 Series.

Sweden would require the J-37 Viggen 

So you see 1-2 Planes would require all other nations to up their game by alot and the F-14 is by far easier to balance coz she is not a nimble fighter especially using the A variant.

Thing is gajin doesn't simulate reliability issues. I mean the century series era fighters would also have issues  in real life with compressor stalls if you aggressively pitched the throttle back and forth constantly, or pulled too high angle of attack turns at low speeds.

So within the War thunder stalling the engines is not something to worry about, F14 maneuverability is quite good for its size. It will hands down be a better turn fighter than  agile eagle Phantom or a Mig23, and  even at low speeds relative to a Mig21 itl be able to maintain better angles of attack  which wants to just stall under 400 KM/H. I would say that right now even F14A would still be too much.

Edited by RanchSauce39
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, RanchSauce39 said:

I would say that right now even F14A would still be too much.

Absolutely and given the Tomcats Primary mission which would be an Fleet Defence Interceptor and since we dont have Tu-95/22/or 22M she would be Overkill atm.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Gaijin said it won’t be coming in the near future so maybe some time within the next 2 years. The F-14A would need to have its counter which is the MiG-29A/S, MiG-23MLD or MiG-25PD/PDS so I guess once we near one of those aircraft I would start to expect the Tomcat.

Edited by Kingtiez@live
medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Kingtiez@live said:

Gaijin said it won’t be coming in the near future so maybe some time within the next 2 years. The F-14A would need to have its counter which is the MiG-29A or MiG-23MLD so I guess once we near one of those aircraft I would start to expect the Tomcat.

gaijins near future are 1-3 patches mate... always was, always will be. besides that, Gaijin commissions  models years in advance. also i wouldnt trust froum mods since they only know that they need to be told for an upcoming patch.
i can remember when they denied composite armour and the very next patch... MBT70 and T-64.
ofc i dont think it will arrive next patch, but ~end of 2021 i am expecting them. this would also confirm what has been shown to me. lets say i have a good track record of ''predicting'' stuff... i was gone from the game for 2 years, and now im back and have to do prep grinding.... you just wait and see

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2020 at 20:33, RanchSauce39 said:

Thing is gajin doesn't simulate reliability issues. I mean the century series era fighters would also have issues  in real life with compressor stalls if you aggressively pitched the throttle back and forth constantly, or pulled too high angle of attack turns at low speeds.

So within the War thunder stalling the engines is not something to worry about, F14 maneuverability is quite good for its size. It will hands down be a better turn fighter than  agile eagle Phantom or a Mig23, and  even at low speeds relative to a Mig21 itl be able to maintain better angles of attack  which wants to just stall under 400 KM/H. I would say that right now even F14A would still be too much.

I think the virtual instructor limits the AOA you can pull in WT so that you don't stall your engines. I remember this used to be the case when the Scimitar and F11F-1 was released. I think the MiG-21bis can probably hold its own against the F-14A performance wise consider it has better AOA, roll rate, and maybe better acceleration (the F-14A doesn't have a much higher TWR compare to the late Phantom variants). However, the F-14A does have a powerful weapon system and I don't think it's fair for the Phantoms to face the F-14A.

On 13/11/2020 at 15:38, LordSHAXX said:

gaijins near future are 1-3 patches mate... always was, always will be. besides that, Gaijin commissions  models years in advance. also i wouldnt trust froum mods since they only know that they need to be told for an upcoming patch.
i can remember when they denied composite armour and the very next patch... MBT70 and T-64.
ofc i dont think it will arrive next patch, but ~end of 2021 i am expecting them. this would also confirm what has been shown to me. lets say i have a good track record of ''predicting'' stuff... i was gone from the game for 2 years, and now im back and have to do prep grinding.... you just wait and see

Honestly, I kind wish the F-14 won't come to WT for a while. I just unlocked a British Phantom and I brought the FGA.9 to grind for it. I hope I can enjoy the British Phantom a little longer before it's power crept by the F-14. No doubt that the F-14 will come to WT eventually tho.

medal

On 13/11/2020 at 06:21, CreditCardCmndo said:

Absolutely and given the Tomcats Primary mission which would be an Fleet Defence Interceptor and since we dont have Tu-95/22/or 22M she would be Overkill atm.

Thats not the reason for not adding it lol. Even IF those bombers would be in War thunder , F14A wouldn't be justified.Those bomber probably wont come because strategic bombers do not have a place in top tier meta. I dont see players having fun  flying a big fat lumbering target only too get intercepted by a zoom climbing super sonic jet  and being unable to fight back or  pull any meaningful evasive maneuvers form, especially since not only do we have heat seekers but also now medium range radar guided missiles.

Its clear than any bombers that gajn is adding are going to be adding into the future will continue to be either attackers or supersonic tactical  fighter/bombers.

Edited by RanchSauce39

Hard to swallow pills: F-22 will be only .7 higher BR than the F-14. You know it's gonna happen.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

7 minutes ago, WreckingAres283 said:

F-15 wont come without its counterpart: MiG-25 (russia only)

F-14 prob with MiG-23ML (germany) and MLD (russia)

F-16 with MiG-29 (germany and russia)

Counterparts IMO would be -

F-15 - Su-27
F-14 - Mig-31

F-16 - Mig-29

F-4, F-104 - Mig 23/25

F-106 - Su-15

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 12/11/2020 at 01:48, CreditCardCmndo said:

The F-14 is actually capable of giving an F-16 a run for its money in a close dogfight.

On 12/11/2020 at 01:48, CreditCardCmndo said:

The MiG-29 should be able to compete in close combat. The Su-27 and its descendent models would have a decent time competing in close combat. The real concern is if the BVR combat is going to be feasible for the Russian aircraft. The F-15 has a wing loading advantage overall which is probably the saving grace of the aircraft for close combat. The high speed handling is probably another advantage. I found that the t/w depending on the configuration actually is favorable for the F-15 although there isn't too much detail on the Su-27 and MiG-29 regarding Wikipedia's information on various configurations.

However, I highly doubt that it will be that far off. This is Gaijin and they get very "greedy" for a lack of a better word or at least overeager when it comes to getting shiny new toys into the game to make that extra money quickly. I understand that it is a business so a flow of revenue is essential. The way they do this should at least come into question regardless of whether or not it needs to ultimately need to be challenged.

Edited by PickleJarOfDeath
medal medal medal medal medal

Just now, dannaryan@psn said:

Give me the MiG-31 and the Tornados. You can keep the rest.

MiG-29 will **** both

Fun fact: There many swing wings Gaijin could probl add now: Su-17 (Russian) / 22 (German), F-111A, MiG-23ML (German) / MLD (Russian), Tornado maybe to, the F-4F is also very high likely with MiG-23 in one patch now if u ask me

Edited by WreckingAres283
medal medal medal medal medal medal

19 hours ago, PickleJarOfDeath said:

The F-14 is actually capable of giving an F-16 a run for its money in a close dogfight.

The MiG-29 should be able to compete in close combat. The Su-27 and its descendent models would have a decent time competing in close combat. The real concern is if the BVR combat is going to be feasible for the Russian aircraft. The F-15 has a wing loading advantage overall which is probably the saving grace of the aircraft for close combat. The high speed handling is probably another advantage. I found that the t/w depending on the configuration actually is favorable for the F-15 although there isn't too much detail on the Su-27 and MiG-29 regarding Wikipedia's information on various configurations.

However, I highly doubt that it will be that far off. This is Gaijin and they get very "greedy" for a lack of a better word or at least overeager when it comes to getting shiny new toys into the game to make that extra money quickly. I understand that it is a business so a flow of revenue is essential. The way they do this should at least come into question regardless of whether or not it needs to ultimately need to be challenged.

There is a significant performance difference between the F-14A and F-14B/D. The F-14A’s TF30 engine is severely underpowered compare to the F110 engine on the B/D version which significantly limit the amount AOA the F-14A can pull compare to the F-14B/D. If you look at the SAC of the F-14A, you can see that the T/W of the F-14A when fully fuelled is actually similar to the T/W of the late production Phantoms. Sure the F-14B/D can give the F-16 and MiG-29 a run for their money in close range combat, the F-14A  can’t compete with these aircrafts.

• Thanks 1
medal

19 minutes ago, the_big_iron said:

There is a significant performance difference between the F-14A and F-14B/D. The F-14A’s TF30 engine is severely underpowered compare to the F110 engine on the B/D version which significantly limit the amount AOA the F-14A can pull compare to the F-14B/D. If you look at the SAC of the F-14A, you can see that the T/W of the F-14A when fully fuelled is actually similar to the T/W of the late production Phantoms. Sure the F-14B/D can give the F-16 and MiG-29 a run for their money in close range combat, the F-14A  can’t compete with these aircrafts.

F-14A:

-Mach 2,37 at 11k (2517 km/h)

-229 m/s climb

-2x Pratt & Whitney-TF30P-412A with 2x 92,9 kN (afterburner) and 2x 68 kN (without)

F-14D:

-Mach 1,88 at 11k (2517 km/h)

-244 m/s climb

-2x General Electric-F110-GE-400 with 2x 120,49 kN (afterburner) and 2x 73,9 kN (without)

MiG-29A and S:            (A = German tree, S = Russian tree)

-Mach 2,25 at ~11k (2.390 km/h)

-330 m/s climb

-2x Klimov RD-33 with 2x 81,40 kN (afterburner) and 2x ~48-50 kN (without)

4 hours ago, WreckingAres283 said:

MiG-29 will **** both

Pffft your MiG-29 will swat my almighty Foxhound will it... with that puny girly radar and those weak engines of yours? You'd be dead as soon as you'd taken off! 

The Tornado wouldn't be much of a fight against a MiG-29 up close but the F-3 could be trouble in a BVR fight.  When it comes to being a mud mover the Tornado's are/were some of the best in the world. Not much can catch a Tornado on the deck.

Has Gaijin ever given a statement about swing wing aircraft? I know it took em' a while to suss out the delta's so I wonder if this might also be heavily delayed due to complications. Heck we might even get Eurofighters before Tomcats. :D

4 minutes ago, dannaryan@psn said:

Pffft your MiG-29 will swat my almighty Foxhound will it... with that puny girly radar and those weak engines of yours? You'd be dead as soon as you'd taken off! 

The Tornado wouldn't be much of a fight against a MiG-29 up close but the F-3 could be trouble in a BVR fight.  When it comes to being a mud mover the Tornado's are/were some of the best in the world. Not much can catch a Tornado on the deck.

Has Gaijin ever given a statement about swing wing aircraft? I know it took em' a while to suss out the delta's so I wonder if this might also be heavily delayed due to complications. Heck we might even get Eurofighters before Tomcats. :D

Ok, me in MiG-29 vs u MiG-31 or Tornado :pinki2:

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Drexciyan909 said:

Y'all be trippin'

I'd say F-14/F-15 are 80's/90's aircraft in reality, they may have been around longer than that, but in any kind of gameplay meta, they fit in with a 90's vibe.

WT is still in the Vietnam era, and has only added Vietnam memes at that!

F-105 Thunderchief, when?

:facepalm:

1. We are at the end of the Vietnam Era

2. Gaijin is more oriented towards the playerbase than individual players who want something special like the Thunderchief....Fact is that the playerbase and players who currently don't even play wt want to have more modern jets, especially those who are one have made names e.g. MiG-29, F-14, F-16, Tornado etc..

3. F-14 is from 1974 and was used my the US until 2006 and still today in Iran

4. F-16 is still iin service since 1976

5. MiG-29 still in service since 1983 (first flight 1977, similar and russian answer to F-16 and F-15, but can also be compared with F-14B and D (would fit in the game))

6. MiG-23 is from 1970

7. F-15 is still in service since 1974 (first flight in 1972)

8. F-105 maybe as a Su-17 / 22 counterpart

Memes ? Really ?:facepalm: If u mean Angelos World, there already some memes for Cold War jets like F-15 and MiG-23

• Confused 1