Been playing for a couple of weeks...now I want out

I have played for a few weeks....got up someway into the Japanese tree. Decided to play again today in my BMP2M. I have been utterly humiliated in every way. I have had spawns where I spawn in with APFSDS rounds about to hit me so my game lasts less than 2 seconds, my Thermal sights are broken and cannot be used as they have rolling black bars running down the screen and my Positive KD ratio went to a 0.2 K/D within 60 games. The only help I get when I ask is "Get gud". What a toxic pile of reactor waste this game is...I have played tank games for years...none of that helped here. If I wanted to play an abusive game I would have played League of legends

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

17 minutes ago, jnadreth said:

I have played for a few weeks....got up someway into the Japanese tree. Decided to play again today in my BMP2M. I have been utterly humiliated in every way. I have had spawns where I spawn in with APFSDS rounds about to hit me so my game lasts less than 2 seconds, my Thermal sights are broken and cannot be used as they have rolling black bars running down the screen and my Positive KD ratio went to a 0.2 K/D within 60 games. The only help I get when I ask is "Get gud". What a toxic pile of reactor waste this game is...I have played tank games for years...none of that helped here. If I wanted to play an abusive game I would have played League of legends

Different people will have different experiences. I started playing War Thunder a year ago after many years in World of Tanks and to me the switch has been wonderful. Perhaps you are just rushing things? That BMP you mention is a very high tier vehicle. One year in, I am still not playing such high tiers. Yes, you do need to get good, no shame in advising this and no shame in following this advice instead of throwing a tantrum.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

40 minutes ago, jnadreth said:

You have very little experience. You are playing a vehicle that requires a great deal of finesse to enjoy. Not mean, just honest. Over 15000 games and I don't play lightly armored AFVs because I am not good at it and they are frustrating.

Play T3 for about 2000 more games with decent vehicles. You will actually like the game. 

Then play T7, you will still hate it, but you will want to go back and play T3. 

Don't grind japan until you have ground USA/USSR/Germany first. I get preference but it is a game and there is an easier way to do things. The main nations have more vehicles, and lend themselves better to different styles of play. Japan has limited options. 

Never play RBs with one useful vehicle. 200 games in an m42 spaa and m24 light tank didn't prepare you for top tier. 

Just looking through your card you clearly either didn't ask for advice or did not take the advice you were given. 

Ask for advice and you will get plenty of kind, honest, helpful responses. This is your second post so you haven't asked on the forums. 

If you want to quit go for it. But your negative experience is your own doing. 

Edited by Galen503
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Its just a shoot em up that pretends its into realism. Just do not let it bother you and try not to waste too much time and money as you will realise both are a finite supply.

If you want to have some good games and results stick to the lower tiers and pick either the American M3, German PZ11 or the Russian BT's or any auto 20mm gunned vehicle. If you read no history then playing the game makes you realise that these vehicles were all that was needed to win the war the rest were made just to extend and lengthen the conflict.

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

As others have said - you dropped (bought) yourself into a high level game with vastly experienced opponents, in a lightly armored vehicle that requires knowledge of the subtleties of the game to play, so no one here is surprises you got stomped.

As a relatively high level player myself it is common - a new premium (purchasable) tank is released and suddenly top level games get swamped with them being run by players who really do not know what they are doing with it - it is pretty much a meme!

The grind of getting up through the vehicles is sometimes boring - but the skills you develop along the way are invaluable if you want to be competitive at high levels of the game.

So really recommend you leave that BMP2 alone for a year or more and work your way up the ranks until you get there through the grind.

• Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I guess a way to rephrase what others have said is just to have no rush.  Enjoy what you have right now, because it's these low-to-mid tier vehicles that will give you your fondest moments.  Don't keep your head so wrapped on things two tiers down the tech tree.

War Thunder really isn't much of a rush towards top tier.  Plenty of players get to top tier but mostly leave it in the dust anyway.  Who knows?  Maybe over time, as you play more, you'll prefer WW2 vehicles more than post-war vehicles.

7 hours ago, jnadreth said:

I have played for a few weeks....got up someway into the Japanese tree. Decided to play again today in my BMP2M. I have been utterly humiliated in every way. I have had spawns where I spawn in with APFSDS rounds about to hit me so my game lasts less than 2 seconds, my Thermal sights are broken and cannot be used as they have rolling black bars running down the screen

not sure if you're experiencing a graphical glitch with thermals; but, that aside,  jumping from 6.0(?) at best Japan to 9.0+ is asking for some pain, especially 9.0+ light vehicles

7 hours ago, jnadreth said:

and my Positive KD ratio went to a 0.2 K/D within 60 games. The only help I get when I ask is "Get gud". What a toxic pile of reactor waste this game is...I have played tank games for years...none of that helped here. If I wanted to play an abusive game I would have played League of legends

best advice I can give here is to stop caring about KDR, IFVs like the BMP-2 aren't really competitive vehicles in the first place and without experience with the maps (or being very lucky) it's hard to make them work

I'd advise going back to lower tiers a bit more, maybe try out a few other nations starters or progress through the USSR tree so you build some lineup with your IFV, but if you want to just play around with the BMP-2M; be experimental, aggressive and push flanks, figure out what works and what doesn't, when/where you meet enemies on the map and scout what you can't immediately knock out yourself

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I have had spawns where I spawn in with APFSDS rounds about to hit me

Switch off Join Games In Progress.

I have played for a few weeks...in my BMP2M.

I started back in March and have ground out into Tier 3 BR 3.7ish for USA/USSR/GB (still at Tier 1 for Germany/Italy/Sweden). Lately I have stuck to playing Tier 1 for every nation to try and hone my skills/knowledge. Maybe take a step back having a higher BR vehicle isn't a passport to in game success.

Edited by [email protected]
  • Thanks 1