New Player, Worried about long term game prospects

Checking this old thread out and Oh someone posted on this more recently than I thought.

Ive played a lot of Always-online Multiplayer games over the years and I dont think they will ever be good games. You have to love your PVP kill scores. Fun gameplay is better but MMOPVE games are getting more rare.
War Thunder, World of Tanks, Armored War, all share the same problems. They are For-Profit games, prioritizing profit through whatever means over Player Enjoyment. Who would want to spend cash on expensive time and mission limited boosters if that doesnt actually make you happy? Tank, plane, and ship games are rare these days, so you have to take what you can get but it could be so much better!

Im still grinding very slowly, but knowing that I need to earn millions of silver lions and play ten of thousands of battles with no possibility to actually complete the game robs any worth of any individual achievement. I login each day hoping to get a single free booster with +100-300% experience points just to make the grind easier. It would be REAL nice to have a First Win of the Day bonus.

Without reforms I dont think there is much hope.

• 1 month later...
On 11/10/2020 at 16:27, chaosticket said:

The real concern I have is about the game being padded. I see there are apparently 7 "ranks" of vehicles. I dont know if Ranks affect the matchmaker or is that is what Battle Rating is for?

Ranks can affect the matchmaker, but for the most part simply act as restrictions for what vehicles you can play to accomplish a certain goal or task (battle pass, events, warbonds, etc.) In most events you need to be operating rank III vehicles at least. Because of this certain load outs may be completely unviable (assuming you are trying to participate in the event), some may be untouched, and some may require you to bring out one vehicle instead of another (example being 3.7 France, where you may prefer the slightly more agile M4A1 at 3.3 armed with a .50 cal, but it's a rank II so you'd have to bring out the slightly more armored (and heavier) M4A4 at rank III (BR 3.7), without the .50 cal.

For the most part, battle rating affect the matchmaking of vehicles, but there can be situations where ranks can cause problems. Take for example the German tech tree with the Jagdtiger. It is a battle rating 6.7 vehicle, and thus you would expect it to get 6.7 games like other 6.7 vehicles (at least most of the time). However, since Jagdtiger is a rank V vehicle, whereas most other vehicles in your 6.7 line up are rank IV, taking it puts you at a higher risk of getting uptiered, since most rank V vehicles are around 7.7. This is also a huge reason why taking out 5.7 can result in common uptiers to 6.3 and 6.7, because at 5.7 you begin to take out rank IV vehicles, where as most rank IV vehicles sit around the 6.3 and 6.7 battle ratings.

Essentially, the rank of a vehicle can affect its matchmaking, but it only really comes into play on a few vehicles, so just be careful which vehicles you take out, making sure that they not only match the BR you want to play at, but hopefully the rank as well.

medal

Kind of weird... I'm a new player and don't have any problems... have like 650k of the silver things and auto buy every vehicle and auto repair (didn't know that was bad)... I have been playing at BR3 atm, alot of fun for free.