I'm a newcomer, but I've only used BF109 so far. I think it's a really great fighter, but I'd like to give it a try. I saw the tutorial on YouTube, but you can't fight BNZ in Zero Fighter, right? What should I do if I can't BNZ? Other fighters I'll shoot at me!

The Zero is a turn fighter, the early A6Ms usually rip around 650-700km/hr but the later models can sustain slightly higher speeds. Due to this speed limit you can't really use them as BnZ fighters. But if you catch up to anything that is slower than you, you will easily kill them, same goes for anyone that tries to turn fight with you. However the 20mm cannons on the Japanese planes are quiet bad. Since you've played the 109s, if you compare them to the German 20mm cannon, they are extremely bad, so they will take a while to get used too.

If someone tries to BnZ you, then use your turn rate to dodge their fire, BnZ fighters will normally not be able to keep up with you and will miss their shots. It will get a bit frustrating if you're fighting against a good player who knows what they're doing cause they will be patient and continue to BnZ you. But the majority of players I've fought against usually don't stick to their advantage and start trying to turn fight you after missing 1 or 2 strafes against you. So be patient, keep dodging them as best as you can and try to wear them out, also try to get some shots off at them as they're trying to disengage as it will definitely help you if you hit.

medal medal medal

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/10/2020 at 15:15, Agent0029 said:

But the majority of players I've fought against usually don't stick to their advantage and start trying to turn fight you after missing 1 or 2 strafes against you.

It is usually easier to play a turnfighter...as most players dont know any other way to fight...so they will try to outturn every opponent...if you have the best turning fighter you should be able to get behind them sooner or later...

Zeros are bad attacking bombers (frail and therefore vulnerable) and should avoid getting hit (again...frail) so no headons and try to dodge all incomers...

Once close and personal, zero has the advantage if opponent does not Zoom away properly...

BTW...Zero can actually BnZ...not the best, but can do it...

You should play the Japanese planes BEFORE zero...many have similar characteristics...good turn, not great power, insufficient armament...in fact, zero will feel a gunship compared to what comes before ;)