Top tier map preferences?

Top tier: Compact vs Big Space Maps  

107 members have voted

1. 1. What maps do you prefer at top tier?

• Small
    • Medium
    • Big
    • Doesn't matter to me!
  2. 2. What engagement range do you prefer?

• Short (under 1000m)
    • Medium (1000m to 2000m)
    • Long (2000m +)
    • Doesn't matter to me!
  3. 3. Do you change your map filter when you play different BR's?

• Yes
    • No
    • There is a map filter?

20 hours ago, Xanthropod said:

We definitely do need more maps such as Fulda and Maginot Line, these are perfect because you can choose at which distance to engage the enemy, whether that is offensively or defensively. While those maps have some long sight-lines which some prefer they also have short distance engagement parts of the map which others like. Maginot being the best example for this - east being great for long distance engagements, middle of the map for medium and west part of the map excelling at short distance skirmishes. We need more maps like this, especially for top tier GF RB.

:salute:

This sums it up perfectly.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

11 hours ago, Ariesv said:

I think you're underestimating the amount of data Gaijin is in a position to collect. All they have to do is record what BR the players are playing and what maps they have like/disliked.

I don't think they're lying about this. It makes sense that the casual playerbase would prefer the "instant action" smaller maps provide seeing as that's sort of the trend in games like Warthunder.

What I don't understand is why are these players not playing AB? Brainless rush and shoot. We already have a game mode for players who prefer to play like this.

Oh and I know this is RB forum but in SB the situation is getting worse and worse too. I used to go back to SB when I get really sick of small maps but nowadays that isn't really a solution either. 

Edited by Casper_duh
  • Like 1
medal

15 minutes ago, Casper_duh said:

What I don't understand is why are these players not playing AB? Brainless rush and shoot. We already have a game mode for players who prefer to play like this.

Oh and I know this is RB forum but in SB the situation is getting worse and worse too. I used to go back to SB when I get really sick of small maps but nowadays that isn't really a solution either. 

They get more reward by playing RB and SB. It used to be AB would be best way to grind RP cause you could get into and out matches faster. But it seems people have figured out if they use WOT strats in RB and SB they get more  RP and SL even faster.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

all the large map in war thunder are terrible, no cover, hull down tanks with almost no chance to kill them. All it really is, is a race to get up your CAS and then you sat in your spawn for 20 minutes shooting at a blob on thermals for nothing. At least on the smaller maps you can get action where it comes down to you shooting well and actual skill rather than pressing r and clicking at a pixel. 

Best maps include: 3 cap mozdok, 3 cap sinai 

honorable mentions: 3 cap cargo port, 3 cap berlin, 3 cap normandy 

Edited by PompousMagnus
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 4 months later...

I don't know why WT has this totally unrealistic tiny city maps or even more unrealistic artificial rock labirynths eanywhere except Arcade to artificially force knife fight distance combat.

It's by far the weakest point of the whole WT.

1726682624_WTMaps.thumb.jpg.de59158ec686

What is even better there are many topics with pools and in every single one the overwhelming majority want big maps, yet developer doesn't care about this opnions and still force this absurdly unrealistic maps in most of the games in so called "Realistic Battles".

Edited by BlES

On 09/10/2020 at 04:58, Corona_Chan69 said:

guess what the snail just said.

map.png

My Statistics tell me 200-300 Euro less  (no invests in HT Tanks Planes Helos) per year with small Maps  . Very simple . 

:biggrin:  Member since 2013 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

i would like it if gaijin allowed us to ban as many as 3 maps at the same time.   I would ban mazdok both operation and front line with Laisha bay.  i like to get altitude before going in.   I am a side climber.   and the maps I spoke of here are way to small.  especially since when flying the CW21  i like to gain height against the ki27.  I feel more confident i can handle that thing by diving on it. please talk about this to gaijin

medal medal

3 hours ago, Untergangsmelder said:

My Statistics tell me 200-300 Euro less  (no invests in HT Tanks Planes Helos) per year with small Maps  . Very simple . 

:biggrin:  Member since 2013 

I remembered this post got deleted almost immediately as there was so much public backlash lol. Honestly all they have to do is to rotate the proper maps at their respective BR's. We have enough large maps for top tier, it's just that the snail simply can't comprehend that modern MBT's need larger maps to work. Imagine fighting at frozen pass in an abrams. Who in the right mind would think that's right lol?

Edited by Corona_Chan69
grammar
medal

I don´t know if Gaijin this maybe want . But i leave all hate tiny +all city map ASAP since over 1 year . Now i get very small amount of playable maps .

I focus now hvy on playing CAS or SPAA to compensate this.

Dont care anymore .

medal medal medal medal medal medal