Top tier map preferences?

Top tier: Compact vs Big Space Maps  

107 members have voted

1. 1. What maps do you prefer at top tier?

• Small
    • Medium
    • Big
    • Doesn't matter to me!
  2. 2. What engagement range do you prefer?

• Short (under 1000m)
    • Medium (1000m to 2000m)
    • Long (2000m +)
    • Doesn't matter to me!
  3. 3. Do you change your map filter when you play different BR's?

• Yes
    • No
    • There is a map filter?

What and why do you prefer your favorite map size & type at top tier?

I ask this because of the latest Q & A that states players supposedly like to play on small compact maps at high tier. I am curious how accurate that statement is, and got a feeling several factors may be at play that the map ban system itself cannot accurately convey.

• Upvote 4
medal

There are maybe alot who like small maps , i even want big maps with medium BR .

medal medal medal medal medal medal

I would be up for bigger maps but i'm against largely open maps like Mozdok or big urban maps like Sweden. They should try and find a balance like Maginot and Fulda.

Edited by Kgb_Elite
  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal

Problem is  when you're stock you want small maps because you can't hit the broad side of a barn with Heat-fs, let alone if they are moving. Also, they talked again about statistics they have, but never show, talked about the map ban feature, which is for premium only .

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Mozdok ( 3x Caps ) is not largely open ... there are rolling hills and cover .

Gaijin will do nothing , small maps favor also russian tanks and there rush tactics.

2 minutes ago, Haxburch said:

small maps favor also russian tanks and there rush tactics

Most maps favor them, try hitting tiny spots on the T-series tanks. There is the "jUsT sTaY hUlLdOWn" , let's look how you win the game -> with caps, are capture points in hulldown positions? no they are not.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

There are 2 versions of mozdok, a smaller one with a few hills with 3 or 1 caps and a much larger that is just open.

10 minutes ago, Haxburch said:

Mozdok ( 3x Caps ) is not largely open ... there are rolling hills and cover .

Gaijin will do nothing , small maps favor also russian tanks and there rush tactics.

https://wiki.warthunder.com/Mozdok_(Ground_Forces)

Edited by Kgb_Elite
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

8 minutes ago, Kgb_Elite said:

There are 2 versions of mozdok, a smaller one with a few hills and a much larger that is just open

https://wiki.warthunder.com/Mozdok_(Ground_Forces)

Yes maybe , i just want to say i love the 3 Cap  Mozdok version even if this map is biased in favor for the team wich gets the Spawn on the water/river .

I dont remember any other version , this is maybe because i leave all other mozdok versions ASAP .

Edited by Haxburch

Well it aint much fun shooting from Spawn to Spawn on small maps with Leo's 

So yeah for High tier 8.0 and up i prefer Big maps anything below can be medşum to small sized maps 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I feel this is kinda pointless since most people who frequent the forum prefer large maps while the majority of player base who probably don’t even know the forum exist prefer small maps.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Map preference is also very nation specific. If Im playing Nato, my favourites are big maps where I can take it a little slower and snipe, find a good position, find a good flank, like Maginot, Sands of Sinai, and even smaller maps like Sinai and Mozdok. But I mainly play Soviet top tier and while I don't like small/city maps, they definitely benefit Soviets, a good one being American Desert. I also love Middle East and El Alamein no matter which I'm playing. Unfortunately no map seems to be perfectly balanced, ones always one sided, and theres never any good spawn protection or design. Heli pads and airfields arent always well thought out either.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

We definitely do need more maps such as Fulda and Maginot Line, these are perfect because you can choose at which distance to engage the enemy, whether that is offensively or defensively. While those maps have some long sight-lines which some prefer they also have short distance engagement parts of the map which others like. Maginot being the best example for this - east being great for long distance engagements, middle of the map for medium and west part of the map excelling at short distance skirmishes. We need more maps like this, especially for top tier GF RB.

:salute:

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

46 minutes ago, CK_16 said:

Did you not read what I said in the OP?

oh my date is screwed up I thought this was an pre-existing post.. my bad..

medal

Also, regarding the 3rd question. I don't think anyone changes their map preferences every time they switch from high BR to low BR or vice versa. I've disliked maps that I hate playing in the BR that I play the most which is mostly mid tier.

Hence I've disliked maps like Fulda because driving up a hill for 10 minutes in a slow Tiger tank isn't really fun.

medal medal medal

The Q&A answer for that specific question is either an absolute lie or a misunderstanding of the question since:

- Firstable, there's no way to dislike or like all the maps, they give you a limited number of likes and dislikes (which is already really stupid, honestly it just looks like they are scared of the community's opinion).

- Secondable, there's no specific likes or dislikes that go into different BRs, therefore there's no way for them to know if at a certain BR, players like or dislike certain maps.

I will definitely go for the lie though, Gaijin's recent behaviour on this proves me how they are capable of lying out loud with this type of bombastic statements regarding their "Data" and "Statistics".

medal medal medal

Just now, SXTREME said:

Secondable, there's no specific likes or dislikes that go into different BRs, therefore there's no way for them to know if at a certain BR, players like or dislike certain maps.

I think you're underestimating the amount of data Gaijin is in a position to collect. All they have to do is record what BR the players are playing and what maps they have like/disliked.

I don't think they're lying about this. It makes sense that the casual playerbase would prefer the "instant action" smaller maps provide seeing as that's sort of the trend in games like Warthunder.

Edited by Ariesv
medal medal