I’m not sure if video uploaded but if it has you can see in video I hit him along the wing root which ahold of took the wing off or set him afire. Second time along the wing root again and this time got the elevators wing should of come off or lost control. Third time through the cockpit and the same wing root again forth time same wing root and he still flys. No plane can do that and survive especially within the range I was at when I shot him this is my argument. Now I agree I shouldn’t be able to get a kill a half a mile out with just a couple hits  but if they are inside a 800 feet I should be getting kills. This belief that American pilots had to get lined up on the target pull the trigger and the go one one thousand two one thousand three one thousand be fore they got the kill is bull. The 51 kd was second only to the hell cat and only by a 100 kills so those 50 Cals were bringing down German aircraft just as well as they did with the Japanese aircraft. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWGR-h5OmKs&feature=share

Edited by [email protected]
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 5
  • Upvote 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTGr25nOqHs&ab_channel=EpicBlitzkrieg87

I had to, sorry:lol2:

PS: i know the video is from 2 years ago and its from RB but the damage is still the same and the DM is still the same as SIm.

And jokes aside... if you buff MGs you have to buff cannons too. I think all cannons are ok rn, maybe the british ones need a little bit of help tho

Edited by onebullet95SPAIN
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
medal medal

I think the .50's are fine, you need time on target as you aren't lobbing cannon rounds around but they certainly do damage. You need to be careful if you're asking for the .50 cals to be buffed.. it wasn't that long ago that they were flamethrower lasers that basically obsoleted every other gun in the game. I think I uploaded a video ages ago of me one-tapping a B-17 to death. Not to mention how deadly American bomber gunners were.

*THUNK*

"plane burnt down".

15 hours ago, [email protected] said:

I think the .50's are fine,

I've flown P-51C which have 4x50cals (unlike usual 6x or 8x) in EC4 and in my opinion they work perfectly fine. Short burst and enemy is on fire.
They are not cannons and won't rip target apart but they still can and do kill it.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal

First do you realize how many changes Gaijin has done in 2 yrs your video is irrelevant. And why would cannons need buffed? If you hit someone with cannons like I hit him with the 50s he would of been down first strike.

21 hours ago, [email protected] said:

I think the .50's are fine, you need time on target as you aren't lobbing cannon rounds around but they certainly do damage. You need to be careful if you're asking for the .50 cals to be buffed.. it wasn't that long ago that they were flamethrower lasers that basically obsoleted every other gun in the game. I think I uploaded a video ages ago of me one-tapping a B-17 to death. Not to mention how deadly American bomber gunners were.

*THUNK*

"plane burnt down".

I’m not trying to get the laser beams back. And bomber gunners don’t count we all know those are a problem.  Your right I’m not lobbing cannon rounds so let’s discuss what the 50s  each gun spits out 800 rounds a minute for a total of 3600 rounds a minute or 80 rounds a sec or 8 rounds every tenth sec now 8 50 cal rounds is almost the equivalent of 2 30 mm cannon rounds. If you look at the video you will see he flew through all 6 guns a for a plane is point blank range. At least 4 hits can be seen and as I said 8 rounds a tenth of a sec it was probably more or should of been. The wing should of come off especially a 109 it has weak wings compared to most other planes this is why the landing gear is attached to the fuselage. And as far as time on target there are 3 common way to lead a target the pass through, you start at the tail pull through your target till you get to the nose the pull the trigger because your moving you aim point faster then the target moves by the time you actually fire you’ve got your lead. The maintained is the style your talking about works fine at longer ranges with targets that move in a two dimensional plane but not so much with something that is at close range and moving in 3 dimensional space. And the pull away is when you start at the nose pull away until you get to your lead point and fire. 95 percent of pilots during wwll used the pass though or pull away not the maintained. 

6 hours ago, przybysz86 said:

I've flown P-51C which have 4x50cals (unlike usual 6x or 8x) in EC4 and in my opinion they work perfectly fine. Short burst and enemy is on fire.
They are not cannons and won't rip target apart but they still can and do kill it.

I’m not talking about shooting down bots or Ace pilots I’m talking about live pilot with their planes maxed and their pilots aced. And dude I’m sorry but you believe that a 51 d5 is superior to a g14 so n my opinion your tests are flawed best case scenario we won’t talk about the worst case. I’ve also heard you say that American pilots don’t know how to fly their planes. I’ve faced off with you twice now first time you were in a k4 I was in a d10 I thought I could reach you but you had the altitude, but I couldn’t but just before I stalled you dove away and it’s not that you just dove away but you kept diving when you should of turned on me and then you started moving in a 2 dimensional pattern ie. bank left pull back on stick bank right pull back on stick and I peppered the hell out you even more so then in the video I posted but you kept flying until someone shot me down. The second time I was in a f6f5 hellcat and you were going in a 190 I’m assuming an f8 only because instead of running from me you decided to challenge me. And ended up same scenario me peppering you while you moved in a 2 dimensional pattern till someone shot me down because even though I’m hitting you you keep on flying. Now I did get the kills but but I still died because I can’t turn my back on you because I have no idea how bad your hurt. Now my advice to you is use your rudder more even when you bank this way you tend to move more in a 3 dimensional manner then 2 makes you less predictable, and if your in a turn and burn plane like the k4 don’t wimp out and run challenge people and you will end up on their six. I have never had the Greek or Heineken or stlcoke run from me ever. Now one final question so did anyone even look at the video because if you have I can’t see how you think thats even close to being right. 

Edited by [email protected]
Mistakes

35 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

I’m not talking about shooting down bots or Ace pilots I’m talking about live pilot with their planes maxed and their pilots aced.

I can kill 2-3 players in one sortie in P-51C and still have ammo to spare. In fact I killed 3 (including one bomber - Do-217) in my very first flight with stock ammo belts.
I know people who can kill 4-5 109s and 190s in a single flight on regular basis and have still ammo left.

Sadly - game does not tell me skill level of those guys but assuming both me and people I am talking about fly P-51C in EC4 we can assume that they at least have half decent crews and they can't all be stock.

50cals are MGs not cannons. they won't have same effect as 20-30mm HE rounds when fired at enemy wings or empty parts of fuselage at high deflections, etc.
You have to aim them a bit but given how many rounds even four of them can spill - it's not that hard to hit something vital and set it on fire

Edited by przybysz86
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 6

I've watched your video. You've spammed those guns a lot and only 3rd burst that hit was not a glancing hit in a wing-tip, empty part of fuselage, etc.

Beside - you turnfight with P-51 - what do you expect? those planes are not meant for that. As part of reason why is their armament that is not suited for bringing down enemies with 1-2bullets that luckily connect when enemy pass in front of you at very high deflection

Also: check how they worked IRL.

Edited by przybysz86
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

First do you realize how many changes Gaijin has done in 2 yrs your video is irrelevant. And why would cannons need buffed? If you hit someone with cannons like I hit him with the 50s he would of been down first strike.

Type 99 Model I begs your pardon

15 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

I’m not trying to get the laser beams back. And bomber gunners don’t count we all know those are a problem.  Your right I’m not lobbing cannon rounds so let’s discuss what the 50s  each gun spits out 800 rounds a minute for a total of 3600 rounds a minute or 80 rounds a sec or 8 rounds every tenth sec now 8 50 cal rounds is almost the equivalent of 2 30 mm cannon rounds. If you look at the video you will see he flew through all 6 guns a for a plane is point blank range. At least 4 hits can be seen and as I said 8 rounds a tenth of a sec it was probably more or should of been. The wing should of come off especially a 109 it has weak wings compared to most other planes this is why the landing gear is attached to the fuselage. And as far as time on target there are 3 common way to lead a target the pass through, you start at the tail pull through your target till you get to the nose the pull the trigger because your moving you aim point faster then the target moves by the time you actually fire you’ve got your lead. The maintained is the style your talking about works fine at longer ranges with targets that move in a two dimensional plane but not so much with something that is at close range and moving in 3 dimensional space. And the pull away is when you start at the nose pull away until you get to your lead point and fire. 95 percent of pilots during wwll used the pass though or pull away not the maintained. 

8 50cals is not the equivalent of 2 30mm shells, they're the equivalent of a 20mm shell. Given how much bullets an average american plane with 4-6 50cals (P-47D op pls nerf) can spew out per second 50cals are perfectly fine as they are, I'd rather have 4 m3 50cals on a phantom over the internal vulcan.

18 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

I’m not talking about shooting down bots or Ace pilots I’m talking about live pilot with their planes maxed and their pilots aced. And dude I’m sorry but you believe that a 51 d5 is superior to a g14 so n my opinion your tests are flawed best case scenario we won’t talk about the worst case. I’ve also heard you say that American pilots don’t know how to fly their planes. I’ve faced off with you twice now first time you were in a k4 I was in a d10 I thought I could reach you but you had the altitude, but I couldn’t but just before I stalled you dove away and it’s not that you just dove away but you kept diving when you should of turned on me and then you started moving in a 2 dimensional pattern ie. bank left pull back on stick bank right pull back on stick and I peppered the hell out you even more so then in the video I posted but you kept flying until someone shot me down. The second time I was in a f6f5 hellcat and you were going in a 190 I’m assuming an f8 only because instead of running from me you decided to challenge me. And ended up same scenario me peppering you while you moved in a 2 dimensional pattern till someone shot me down because even though I’m hitting you you keep on flying. Now I did get the kills but but I still died because I can’t turn my back on you because I have no idea how bad your hurt. Now my advice to you is use your rudder more even when you bank this way you tend to move more in a 3 dimensional manner then 2 makes you less predictable, and if your in a turn and burn plane like the k4 don’t wimp out and run challenge people and you will end up on their six. I have never had the Greek or Heineken or stlcoke run from me ever. Now one final question so did anyone even look at the video because if you have I can’t see how you think thats even close to being right. 

An aced crew doesn't affect the plane's damage model. 

Anyways after a crit on a plane in rb you really don't have to worry about them anymore, and you shouldn't have tunnel vision in the first place.

medal medal

Not an SB player, but in Air RB the .50s are perfectly lethal.  Damage-wise, they could even use a bit of a nerf. 

Looking at your video, your shots are pretty wild, and even still you do significant damage to the enemy.  The following is just my inexperienced opinion as a non-SB player, so take it with a fistful of salt.  You were too impatient, so you didn't line up a good firing solution, and instead got several short snapshots that likely got only a small number of hits, many of which were likely into non-critical parts of the enemy's plane.  At 45 seconds into the replay you shared, you had won the enemy's 6oc, and after 1:10 the enemy was rendered practically incapable of maneuvering with you at all.  You had the energy and the advantage to be more patient to line up a more reliable kill shot, but you tried to rush the kill and failed to do so.

No, the US .50s shouldn't require several seconds of consistent firing to down an enemy, but hitting an enemy with little squirts of damage should not be lethal at all.  They should require a single consistent burst into critical components of the the target, or several inconsistent bursts that eventually eat away at the enemy's capacity to remain airborne.  

For me all belts for the planes from the early and mid war period are quite ok (P-38, P-51C, F4u-1, P-39 etc.) and those later ones are massively overperforming (P-51D, F8F-1 etc.) and do not require almost any skill, you just cut off stuff with 1-2 hits and instantly set on fire everything.

In WT I would cut off both wings and set him on fire in this situation and I wouldn't even need the P-51D, I would do that in the P-51C.

Edited by RideR2
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal

I just played a game with my P-51D just to see how US teams were losing so badly after playing with my G-2. In the game, no matter where I hit the enemy aircraft burst into flames save the pilot snipe on the Me264. I then proceed to look on here to find a thread about .50's being OP, yet here we are, with a thread that says .50's need to be buffed. :lol2:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
medal

When watching those linked guncam vids It seems that 50cals appear far too powerful ingame. I always thought it would be iffy if a machine gun calibre without HE filler can "saw" off whole tail sections and shooting off wings etc. 

Edited by Thodin
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

56 minutes ago, RideR2 said:

For me all belts for the planes from the early and mid war period are quite ok (P-38, P-51C, F4u-1, P-39 etc.) and those later ones are massively overperforming (P-51D, F8F-1 etc.) and do not require almost any skill, you just cut off stuff with 1-2 hits and instantly set on fire everything.

Yea, surprised belts hadn’t been mentioned before.  There’s a MASSIVE difference between the late belts and the early/mid versions.  I could believe the earlier ones might underperform a bit or they could be fine, but the late belts are magical lasers in comparison.

• Upvote 1
medal

2 hours ago, Thodin said:

When watching those linked guncam vids It seems that 50cals appear far too powerful ingame. I always thought it would be iffy if a machine gun calibre without HE filler can "saw" off whole tail sections and shooting off wings etc. 

Im pretty sure thats more of WT's game engine and how it processes damage to parts of the aircraft, not just "muh OP .50 cals".

• Confused 1
medal

On 04/10/2020 at 12:22, onebullet95SPAIN said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTGr25nOqHs&ab_channel=EpicBlitzkrieg87

I had to, sorry:lol2:

PS: i know the video is from 2 years ago and its from RB but the damage is still the same and the DM is still the same as SIm.

And jokes aside... if you buff MGs you have to buff cannons too. I think all cannons are ok rn, maybe the british ones need a little bit of help tho

You know maybe I’m going about this the wrong way how about we buff all guns I mean hell you can’t blow my tail off twice. :)And weak guns don’t make better pilots just better shots “keep your plane away from my nose” I know the pilots I mentioned before get it. And hell it would put everyone on a more even footing with the bombers. Because now they can’t blow your tail off twice either. :)You see I admit I’m a lousy shot but so was 90% of the pilots of ww2.It wasn’t or ever would be about who was the best shot but who could find a shooting solution and keep from letting someone else get a shooting solution ie you don’t keep turning in front of my nose. So why not LASER BEAMS FOR EVERYBODY :) 

• Confused 1

what you propose (insta-kill) would make tactics even less important. it will dumb the game down into a series of high deflection shots in order to score that one lucky hit.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, T1E6X1 said:

I just played a game with my P-51D just to see how US teams were losing so badly after playing with my G-2. In the game, no matter where I hit the enemy aircraft burst into flames save the pilot snipe on the Me264. I then proceed to look on here to find a thread about .50's being OP, yet here we are, with a thread that says .50's need to be buffed. :lol2:

14 hours ago, Thodin said:

Why are people who never play SB posting here, especially a guy who has .5 k/d in 51' D5 in RB where you can start shooting from 1.5km away with .50 cal (Which is impossible in SB)... apparently its also "OP" regarding damage he says;

Edited by Daffan
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

21 minutes ago, Daffan said:

Why are people who never play SB posting here

proxy-image?piurl=https%3A%2F%2Freaofsun

Edited by Floringer
  • Confused 1
medal

Just now, Floringer said:

proxy-image?piurl=https%3A%2F%2Freaofsun

Oh don't worry I am in the RB cool kids club too. Dual citizenship for being a god. 

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Both German cannons and American guns are ok. They have different use and different strength and weakness. 

and the way they work is also fine.

The problem lies with with 109's. The damage doesn't seem to be effecting the aircraft. It keeps flying without loss of lift. 

It just keeps flying like a space shuttle leaving every damaged part behind. 

In the mustang you can get hit by German Mg to the left wing at yellow damage and you won't be able to fly straight and your performance will drop by %20 and you will have to trim the vehicle up to %30.

But you can waste whole ammunition on the 109 it can turn into Swiss cheese no gear, no flap even half wing and still goes at %90 performance.

In a 109 it is more like: The more part you lose, the more weight you will lose thus you get better T/W....

Edited by AdelWolf
  • Confused 4
  • Upvote 1
medal

50cals are fine. 

50cals with alot of ap is bad tho, 50cals are essentially flamethrowers with the incidiary rounds. Whats more baffelibg us how one can say 50cals needs a buff when 50cals have been over preforming for years and we still have cannons that suffer alot from underpreformence. 

• Upvote 1
medal