Rocket convergence

AFAIK there is no rocket convergence - I try to aim just off to one side of ground targets because of this.  Might try it for air ones if I remember but I try to avoid using rockets in air games!

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

For things that fire two rockets at once, just pick a side and offset your aim to compensate. The amount of offset will depend on distance though.

For things that fire one at a time, you have to remember which side is firing next so you can adjust your next shot. Some rockets, like the Uncle Toms on the Avenger, seem to fly unequally, and I had to use a different aim point for each side, the right side rocket always seemed to hit lower and closer to the centre than the left one. When I compensated for this I was able to be quite accurate with them, but it took a bit of trial and error to learn where to aim.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 3 months later...

@Gaijin Maybe this topic could be worthy of a minute or two seconds on a thunder show? "How to use rockets". 

A few simple points about the aim indicator and how to use it, aircraft speed and angle of attack, effective firing range, different types of rockets, what they can/can't kill, different planes nd how rockets work from them...

I there a "topic suggestions for thunder show" forum or mailadress btw?

• Like 1

On 29/09/2020 at 19:42, Sir_Armand said:

Thanks for the replies.

I am slightly dissapointed that there's no way to adjust the point of aim,

personally I find the "rocket christmas tree" hard enough to aim with.

Ah well, it is what it is.

Do a research if it's possible IRL and if is - make a suggestion thread in suggestions section.

medal medal medal medal