Dial Down Aim Assist On Controllers

On 12/09/2020 at 23:13, [email protected] said:

Now stop with the excuses, PC players have an huge controls advantage over console players, if you tried it you would know.

Consol player have atm an unfair advantage! Because Gj made the aimbot the way that it can aim for weakspots better as a normal PC can.

• Confused 1

On 12/09/2020 at 23:13, [email protected] said:

Now stop with the excuses, PC players have an huge controls advantage over console players, if you tried it you would know.

Thing is I tried, even with macros... it was a feast of a test on PS.

That also explain why we have ps bans too ....

And yes i report people when i have a doubt about their behavior, funily I found quite a number of them in the ban lists.

But is this the subject here? You got a personal problem to solve with me come in PM (what was that sqb team that got banned from sqb again?).

On the subject: aim assist doesn't do the trick alone...

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

It was center mass a while back, but now it's basically 0,0,0 on the X,Y,Z axis, right below the tank.

Googled a screenshot. Follow the thicker black lines that cross below the tank, on the X,Y,Z axis. That's where the aim is going, pretty much. So yes, a person still need to aim even when using Target Tracking, I believe it was called.

Tank T34-85

Edited by Arium
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 12/09/2020 at 08:53, [email protected] said:
On 11/09/2020 at 18:36, [email protected] said:

we have aim assist?

Just the same as every other player.

That's incorrect.

Joystick players have to play it raw, no aim-assist or computer-assisted mouse to compete with.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 23/01/2021 at 22:06, FPPlayer said:

Because Gj made the aimbot the way that it can aim for weakspots better as a normal PC can.

This is plain wrong. Aim assist will usually aim at a tank strong part (the center or bottom-center). Main issue i find with console is it ACTUALLY takes longer to aim at the weak spot.

Mouse is way faster to find that green cross (or the spot you know will be penetrable). Bear in mind console may be fast "enough"...but in War Thunder SLOWER usually means DEAD.

Also...at long ranges (anything above 500m) you also have to compensate for range.

On 24/01/2021 at 11:03, Aintence said:

The enemy tracking option is available to everyone and its terrible on all platforms.

On 24/01/2021 at 22:54, PlanetP said:

Joystick players have to play it raw

Not aware if joystick is different...AFAIK all control modes can use aim assist...including PC and Joystick...not tested myself.

In short...aimbot is NEEDED in consoles to stay competitive vs mouse. PERIOD. There will be scenarios where aimbot is faster (close shots and tanks which are ALL weakspot), but in MOST situations mouse will allow player to fire FIRST (or aimbot fires first but hits armor).

Experienced and competitive players will all use mouse and not aimbot...and that speaks by itself.

(It is kind of visible in games with only console players that aiming becomes slower)

I personally use aimbot a lot to ALIGN shot, as controller takes VERY LONG but i usually have to then "precise-aim" to the spot i want to hit. It is always a race...if i really wanted to be faster i would have changed to mouse...BUT as all i want is to have fun, i play as it is. TBH difference is acceptable in AB.

The much slower aiming with controller (without any assist) is actually one of the reasons i dont play RB a lot as it becomes a big handicap...

(Yes it is possible to train manual aiming, but after a few dozen deaths where you spot enemy FIRST but take too long to fire it becomes an issue)

Edited by [email protected]

not only does the aimbot aim for you, if you don't have any target selected (locked) it automatically locks nearest target and immediatelly snaps your aiming towards it. So as soon as any target appears, it immediatelly targets it, you can basically drive around with the aimbot key permanently pressed and it does all the initial target spotting for you. Not that the red target marker appearing is in any way subtle, but there is still some delay between target being detected by the weird WT spotting system and player reacting to it ... but there is no such delay for the built-in aimbot

also, if you for example have tank with stabilizer, the aimbot is really good enough to place all shots into 1m x 1m area even at decent distance while driving. You just set the initial lead and the autoaim does the rest. In situations where you are driving and shooting at stationary targets (or you being stationary and shooting at moving targets) is is good enough to reliably hit ... tanks simply aren't mobile enough to change position fast enough and sharply enough to change much about this. Even very small & very fast vehicles (R3, Puma, AML-90) would have hard time (on roads they have speed but don't change course, offroad they lose enough energy in any turn for aimbot to catch up). You can easily test this in test drive or in custom battles, either with friend or even against AI bot tanks.

• Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

44 minutes ago, gozer said:

if you don't have any target selected (locked) it automatically locks nearest target and immediatelly snaps your aiming towards it

THIS^^ makes me think you dont use it. At least in PS4 this would be SUICIDE. The aimbot frequently CHANGES target by itself and to a dumb and far away target (or plane), effectively ruining your aim/shot. Theoretically (or in test drive) it might work as you think...but in real game (in PS4) it does not.

Not sure if related, but target lock has a visible delay since a few updates back...if i turn a corner i usually see the target a second before target id appears...and lock takes a bit longer...

AGAIN...in real usage aimbot is A HELP to slower control methods, not a game changer.

Simple proof (much better than any test drive). PS4 players are NOT dominating games, not even in AB. AND AGAIN...feature is available to anyone, so if PC players arent using it, it isnt probably that good...

IMHO it is a REQUIRED feature to keep console players competitive, just that. It MAY be possible to use it to give some advantage in some situations...but it is cumbersome to learn and use...and the advantage is not much anyway. Mouse is still faster AND MORE ACCURATE in MOST situations.

I can say that as a competitive and an experienced player, I also use this feature at times, called "Target Tracking". I don't call it "aimbot", as that has a completly different meaning to me. I'm still the one aiming, I'm just locking the reticule relative to the target. If the target move abit, my aim move the same distance. It doesn't target weakpoints, it doesn't self-adjust to get closer to weakpoints. It's not an "aimbot".

The reasons I use it is to make micro-adjustments easier with less interference, especially with targets in the distance. I can keep the aim and quickly adjust it slightly when the first shot as landed somewhere in the vicinity. If someone is trying to move a bit sideways or reverse away, the Target Tracking function keep my aim in the same area. A loose hand lose out on this and need to make all the adjustments alone. I still have to adjust for speed and height, but can do so in a much more stable way.

Another reason is to get my aim quickly on target, which in combination with the steady aim on moving targets mentioned above make it very useful. It can be done very, very quickly. I've not run out of the mouse mat ever since.

There's no need as a mouse+keyboard player to use it everytime, but it sure make things easier at times. That's how it should be used, as a supporting feature. You aim, it keeps it steady

The issues I have with it though, is that it often defaults to planes as target. If i kill a target while holding the key down, it will instantly jump up to the sky. This can be problematic at times if there are multiple enemies around. It can also disrupt your aim if you have no target selected or it disappear between builings or too much cover. So no, it can not be used all the time as constantly pressed. That would put you at a disadvantage when situations heat up.

Edited by Arium
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I’ve been playing for near four year and never once heard of this ‘aim it’ for console players?

And to those who are saying console is easier than PC? Watch the video where Phly plays a few games on a Xbox to celebrate its release he states severa times how much worse and slower aiming is with a controller.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

18 hours ago, [email protected] said:

I’ve been playing for near four year and never once heard of this ‘aim it’ for console players?

If you play TANK ARACADE, when you press the LEFT ANALOG TRIGGER it will "track" the target. It is instinctive as it works the same on other games. It is not a "big" feature, more a standard

In tank RB and SB you dont have it.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/09/2020 at 13:45, [email protected] said:

Immersive breaking??? And drifting in 50ton tanks looks normal to you? ;)

This one made me laugh... :)

To the point...aim assist wont target weak spots like driver port...mouse is much faster at this...

Aim assist will usually move the cross close to target...then i have to find the weak spot...with controller...

There is a reason why many cross plataform games provide aim assist to consoles...and pc players on mouse are still better ;)

Tank drifting in real life.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal