Dial Down Aim Assist On Controllers

I was playing cargo-port with my T-72B3 and I Tokyo drift myself around a corner only to get driver port sniped while I'm gliding from an aim assisted player (thanks to the icon next to name). 

My constructive criticism is please make aim assist less accurate at close ranges because its pretty immersive breaking when I can't have fun drifting my tanks around corners because someone plays with a controller.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, KV1NGI_IO said:

I still think PC player have an advantage tho. Unless you are really bad at using your mouse 

Guess you didn't get that much close range pain...
Beeing a fronter I totally get what's Red_Wardog is speaking about, any kind of aimbot on PC is bannable... but not on console?

And for real I took shots from console players that immediatly made me fill reports.

Edited by berlinXpress
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

11 hours ago, KV1NGI_IO said:

I still think PC player have an advantage tho. Unless you are really bad at using your mouse 

Aim assist at 1k or wobbly mouse on a old mat with a sticky ball? hmmm, let me think............

• Haha 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

10 hours ago, berlinXpress said:

Beeing a fronter I totally get what's Red_Wardog is speaking about, any kind of aimbot on PC is bannable... but not on console?

And for real I took shots from console players that immediatly made me fill reports.

i mean I did see some people who play on PS4 on youtube. And they are really really slow at aiming.

Or maybe its because I play a lot of CS, never played against consol player until I played gears of war. And they have aim assist, and they still have no chance against all the PC players.

48 minutes ago, Maerok said:

wobbly mouse on a old mat with a sticky ball

i mean you at least need a working mouse to be good smh

Edited by KV1NGI_IO
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 minutes ago, KV1NGI_IO said:

i mean I did see some people who play on PS4 on youtube. And they are really really slow at aiming.

Or maybe its because I play a lot of CS, never played against consol player until I played gears of war. And they have aim assist, and they still have no chance against all the PC players.

i mean you at least need a working mouse to be good smh

You do, but no mouse at long range is as quick as snap targetting.

On 11/09/2020 at 04:53, Red_Wardog said:

I was playing cargo-port with my T-72B3 and I Tokyo drift myself around a corner only to get driver port sniped while I'm gliding from an aim assisted player (thanks to the icon next to name). 

How can you tell the player is really playing on console? I play on PC and I got the "controller" icon next to my name. Right, you can't.

My constructive criticism is please make aim assist less accurate at close ranges because its pretty immersive breaking when I can't have fun drifting my tanks around corners because someone plays with a controller.

The "aim assist" you're probably are talking about is also available to any player in the game, just look in control settings and you can try it and see for yourself how "accurate" it is. So better try and find a better excuse next time.

And finally if you have a console or a friend that can borrow one, just try War Thunder in it and I'm sure you'll be respecting console players more in the future, or maybe pity them. 

On 11/09/2020 at 04:55, Generic_Names said:

It is a bit annoying, they shouldn't have all the benefit from aim assist, its a bit of an annoying advantage that they get being able to snap aim at people so easily.

Yes, it's very annoying that EVERY player has access to this "aim assist", including non console players. Imagine that.

On 11/09/2020 at 11:09, KV1NGI_IO said:

Even with the "aim assist" every player has access to, it is beyond comparison and PC players can combine both the "aim assist" and mouse speed and precision. Already saw PC players using it with great results.

On 11/09/2020 at 13:06, berlinXpress said:

Yet, you have the same "aim assist" on PC, maybe Gaijin should ban every player in the game no? And good luck trying to aim at weakspots with that "aim assist". Keep reporting or find a better excuse! ;) 

15 hours ago, Maerok said:

Aim assist at 1k or wobbly mouse on a old mat with a sticky ball? hmmm, let me think............

Better not, you clearly don't know what you are talking about. 1. you cannot tell if it's a console player playing on console or on PC, 2. that "aim assist" called "Target tracking" is available to ALL players, Controls > Camera control > Target tracking(ground vehicle) 3. that "target tracking" doesn't aim for weakspots 4. are you really comparing mouse speed and precision in aiming with a controller? 5. try the game on a console first if you want to discuss this with me.

14 hours ago, Maerok said:

You do, but no mouse at long range is as quick as snap targetting.

:D

Edited by [email protected]
  • Confused 3

14 hours ago, [email protected] said:

we have aim assist?

Just the same as every other player.

13 hours ago, Maerok said:

All I know is that I get snap killed a lot more from long range by console players than pc players. 

You cannot even tell if they are console players or console accounts being played on PC...

11 hours ago, blastedryan said:

PC player also has access to the autoaim

Weirdly players with more than 40k matches still don't know about it.

11 hours ago, Maerok said:

Do you mean target tracking it doesnt work the same afaik plus its yet another key to find while manouvering which is not easy for mouse kb play (IMO).

It works exactly the same way in tanks. I've seen PC players using it with great results, I got it set on my controls but I can tell you that I never use it cause I prefer aiming with just moving the mouse, much faster and precise.

• Confused 2

pretty immersive breaking when I can't have fun drifting my tanks around corners

Immersive breaking??? And drifting in 50ton tanks looks normal to you? ;)

This one made me laugh... :)

To the point...aim assist wont target weak spots like driver port...mouse is much faster at this...

Aim assist will usually move the cross close to target...then i have to find the weak spot...with controller...

There is a reason why many cross plataform games provide aim assist to consoles...and pc players on mouse are still better ;)

5 hours ago, [email protected] said:

How can you tell the player is really playing on console? I play on PC and I got the "controller" icon next to my name. Right, you can't.

The "aim assist" you're probably are talking about is also available to any player in the game, just look in control settings and you can try it and see for yourself how "accurate" it is. So better try and find a better excuse next time.

And finally if you have a console or a friend that can borrow one, just try War Thunder in it and I'm sure you'll be respecting console players more in the future, or maybe pity them. 

Yes, it's very annoying that EVERY player has access to this "aim assist", including non console players. Imagine that.

Even with the "aim assist" every player has access to, it is beyond comparison and PC players can combine both the "aim assist" and mouse speed and precision. Already saw PC players using it with great results.

Yet, you have the same "aim assist" on PC, maybe Gaijin should ban every player in the game no? And good luck trying to aim at weakspots with that "aim assist". Keep reporting or find a better excuse! ;) 

Better not, you clearly don't know what you are talking about. 1. you cannot tell if it's a console player playing on console or on PC, 2. that "aim assist" called "Target tracking" is available to ALL players, Controls > Camera control > Target tracking(ground vehicle) 3. that "target tracking" doesn't aim for weakspots 4. are you really comparing mouse speed and precision in aiming with a controller? 5. try the game on a console first if you want to discuss this with me.

:D

Man, you are the one giving excuses for years... are you paid for that?

On whatever subject you sound like a proof of bad faith .... spawnkill air, aim, whatever ... it's just plain pride of yourself? or are you hidding your [censored] abuse of the game that way?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, berlinXpress said:

Man, you are the one giving excuses for years... are you paid for that?

On whatever subject you sound like a proof of bad faith .... spawnkill air, aim, whatever ... it's just plain pride of yourself? or are you hidding your [censored] abuse of the game that way?

Sure, I'm the one calling others hackers/cheaters and just reporting them when they do better than me. ;) 

3 hours ago, [email protected] said:

There is a reason why many cross plataform games provide aim assist to consoles...and pc players on mouse are still better ;)

PC players have the same "aim assist" in tanks, it's just easier to blame others for failling.

2 hours ago, berlinXpress said:

hmmmm where?

we'"re talking of pin point aim that console have and we'll never have... add a macro to pull the trigger and it becomes a pure tier use.

Controls > Camera control > Target tracking (ground vehicles).

It works exactly the same way as in console or PC.

Now stop with the excuses, PC players have an huge controls advantage over console players, if you tried it you would know.

• 1 month later...

I find that anyone who use aim assist is not really learning how to kill a target . I'm afraid I one those people who believe that to improve your aim you need to learn without these aids. I have noticed in AB ground console players using aim assist have been too deadly accurate  and 90% when I get killed by a console player it's a one shot kill and yet I can aim at all the weak spot and half the time just get critical hits and the other 50% of the time one shot kills. I have been playing WT from almost when it started and I have found that ever since the inclusion of console players the AB ground has become a shooting ally for these players. As for someone saying PC players have a huge advantage over console players I beg to differ as I have tried both and I found console far easier for one shot kills (using friend PS4) but unusually unlike most PC players I do not use a mouse as I found that a trackball is even more accurate with aiming because you only use your fingers no need for arm movement and of course joystick for ground attack when in planes. When you have played as long as I have you learn all the weakness that you aim for and even now I still find it hard how some one with a tank who gun should not pen through you frontal armour pierces the thickest part and one shot you and this occurs much more when up against console players because of the aim assist being too accurate. Sorry but to be a good shot you're not learning by using aim assist or target tracking as you are just letting the PC or console doing the work for you and you are not learning because you are relying on these aids.

• Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 14/10/2020 at 19:02, [email protected] said:

There is aim assist? I've never experienced that.

you know when someone is using it either on console or PC because they're getting far too consistent at one shot kills in a game. This is what turning a lot of new people off as I have a few beginners left my squadron just because of this as it's making beginners leave because they end up being cannon fodder to those using it. If Gaijin was to drop it then you will see how many people who look good become total useless shots and have to learn how to shoot instead. This is more noticeable when events are on and I know of 20 odd people who are usually rubbish and just for those couple of weeks of the events become dead shots and then after the events go back to being useless. I hate to say it but aim assist or target tracking as it's is known on here is kill the game.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal