Crusader AA Mk I AP ammunition

In game the Crusader AA Mk I seems to be using M81A1 AP-T Ammunition an American AP shot, though there was a domestic British AP shot produced it could use (and apparently a SAP too but I was unable to find documentation on that). 

Spoiler

image.png.721bed4a77d1c4df1e101e0591a5a6

This is a Critical Velocity for Perforation Chart for 40mm Bofors AP Shot that lists muzzle velocity as 2650 f.s (396.24m/s) and the shot weight as 2lb 12 oz and 4dms (1.254kg)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.31f38a86b9a3fe865c6fe381

This website linked below also mentions the Ammo though in rather non specific terms. 

http://www.wwiiequipment.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=84:bofors-40mm-anti-aircraft-gun&catid=41:anti-aircraft&Itemid=58 

You should be able to work out the penetration and drop over distance roughly using the range and velocity scale provided though it should be noted the range is in yards and the velocity is in feet per second so you'd have to convert that into metric. 

In order to fix the issue I suggest replacing the M82A1 ammo on the Crusader AA Mk I with the Domestic AP shot. 

medal

• 4 months later...

Which ammunition is implemented is at the discretion of the developers. There is no sources supporting that this ammunition was used.