FailBoatCaptain

Do we reallly need fighters with attacker ordanance reloads

So it seems now that any fighter that has bombs/rockets now has an attacker reload. 

Does this actually bring anything to arcade air battles?  it's bad enough that some lineups ( USA 4.0 ) can just faceroll ground strike maps but now they get 45 second bomb reloads? 

medal medal medal medal medal

11 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

45s reload times? I've seen them having 30s reload times earlier today, same as bombers.

Did they "nerf" them back?

well the point is they have  bomber/attacker reloads  and I have no idea what it brings. it's like an answer to a question nobody was asking and it's making a problem worse 

medal medal medal medal medal

11 minutes ago, FailBoatCaptain said:

well the point is they have  bomber/attacker reloads  and I have no idea what it brings. it's like an answer to a question nobody was asking and it's making a problem worse 

To be honest, I don't think they even tested this but it's irrelevant since I don't think they also care about the result or our opinion about it.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

As example i did find out that it is better to fly two engine fighters as light bombers than an dedicated light bomber, as fighters are not first priority targets to the enemy, and as reloading time is almost the same of the bombers they  probably can do more damage. I took  me Pe3 heavy fighter and wholaa! i have light bomber with fighter icon :) Guess i can reload and bomb several times before being interrupted :D

PS: it does get fun  when more and more players will find out they have mini bombers in their hand, game mechanics changes drastically

Edited by AmigaForever

Must be a joke. Just tested with a hellcat (non-ace crew) and bomb timer is 40 sec. Next event i will just use this one to make the 10 tons (or the P47). No need to hide and seek with a slow bomber anymore. Guess they really want to kill bombers in this game.

Edited by ziggi57
medal

Already seeing anomalies in battles never happened before: players having massive amounts of ground kills, and many fighters pounding ground instead of  dog fighting :crazy: AA's and artillery has never  taken out so fast

Edited by AmigaForever

I found it always odd that the A-36 had the attacker reload while the 190 F8 didn't. Or the Mosquito. And the Beaufighter doesn't even have the bombs it should have. Maybe not a bad change for the heavy fighters, but I guess unintentional and short lived.

medal medal medal

Maybe by design?

Burn through lots of bombs and get a bigger SL ammo bill at the end.

If you start a dog fight you drop your bombs ASAP to help performance. Another way to drain SL.

Cheers

Edited by [email protected]
Additional comment
medal medal medal medal

8 hours ago, blastedryan said:

It's worse in naval. Get a fast fighter like the corsair then bomb all the big ships and MG all the torpedo boats.

Sounds like it was in reality...

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 03/09/2020 at 16:55, ziggi57 said:

Next event i will just use this one to make the 10 tons (or the P47).

Good luck cause they would probably replace that task for capturing 15 airfields while removing Domination maps from map rotation.

But since they are gonna "fix" it...

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, SasquatchFox360 said:

That plane could use a BR adjustment 

Not as long as anybody will headon it ;) 

14 hours ago, MasterBLB said:

Got confirmation from both Stona and Godman_82 it's just a bug related to introduction of mines not an intended change, it is acknowledged by dev team, and will be fixed.

Very good.

Interestingly, it seems that the majority did not notice the bug. Very few go GT or Basehunting with their fighters.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, anyuser said:

Not as long as anybody will headon it ;) 

Thing is if you face these with Japan your too slow to take it out and it just looks at you and your dead while you have to put almost all of your cannons rounds in it sure you can dive on it but still your too slow by the time you've dived on it it's already past you