Fix Ground Assault Arcade Battles

T1E6X1

5 hours ago, T1E6X1 said:

For the love of God, please fix the game mode known as assault arcade battles, its literally impossible to even think of enjoying that game mode, let alone win or have fun. Either fix this mode or remove it altogether.

What nation were you playing, tanks were you using, and what was the BR bracket?

What map was it?
Was it an issue with a certain wave (tank type), or more mechanic related with the game mode?
Was it an issue with the A.I. itself?
Being honest with you, there's nothing you provide that explains what you're unhappy with. Just that perhaps you had a bad day and just want to get something off your chest. :dntknw:

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

13 minutes ago, I_Termx_I said:

What nation were you playing, tanks were you using, and what was the BR bracket?

What map was it?
Was it an issue with a certain wave (tank type), or more mechanic related with the game mode?
Being honest with you, there's nothing you provide that explains what you're unhappy with. Just that perhaps you had a bad day and just want to get something off your chest. :dntknw:

It's probably because a recent change made it so tanks regenerate completely a few seconds after being damaged, i.e. all crew and modules are restored to a pristine condition unless you manage to kill all crew in a single hit or blow up an ammo rack. It made the game exponentially harder since most of the damage inflicted no longer counts and the number of enemy tanks and rate of ticket depletion have not been altered. As a result the win rate on pretty much all BR brackets plummeted (and the rewards along with them) since most teams can't survive more than two or three waves. No word from Gaijin on whether it is a bug or a "feature", as usual

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, I_Termx_I said:

What map was it?

be careful. Due to gaijin's unannounced change, if the enemy AI tank of Tank Assault is not destroyed in one shot,

the crew and module will return to the state of no damage in just a few seconds.

Therefore, you can't defeat it forever unless you defeat it in one shot or cooperate with your ally...

medal medal medal medal

I'm wondering if nothing is being said from Gaijin on the matter because they don't even know about it.

They want to throw 400+ enemies at us, cool, I'm not even asking for a level playing field, but have damage affect them the same as it affects us.

Nothing gets to me more than taking out a barrel, breach, gunner, and horizontal turret drive (and cause a fire).. for the tank to just pause a moment... then swivel and one shot me. 

Staff, would someone mind acknowledging your playerbase and gamemode, please?

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal

Damn I knew something was very wrong here. I usually play assault a lot but I don't read forums.

I don't know if these are bugs or intentional but they sure are outrageous. As it has been said, I've noticed instant repair, infinite crews and like -90% assists. To add salt on the wound of unplayability, there have been increasing numbers of bots in waves as I've read in that other forum thread, and of course the ever increasing SL spawning cost they throw at us with every economy update. This is becoming ridiculous.

The other day I was experiencing this nonsense and made an outcry in the chat. Some powercreep in an Apache Peten, with dozens of kills and zero shoulder to shoulder buddies on the ground attitude, called it bullsh*t and me a liar. Well I guess the dumb*** was wrong there. In that game I hit a tank, made a critical hit, killed loader and commander, damaged ring turret, hit it again after 7 seconds reloading, dead loader and commander, hit again, dead loader and commander, and this for 6 TIMES. 12 crew dead in 6 shots and less than a minute. I ragequit afterwards, as would be expected.

Fix the game Gaijin

Edited by IL_DOUCHE
  • Upvote 2

I doubt Gaijin will ever check player's feedback here. (They don't even dare to annouce those changes publicly)

Anyway, is the AI regenerating "feature" still active? If so, I guess it's a good time for me to uninstall the game. :D

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 01/09/2020 at 16:28, paperheart said:

I doubt Gaijin will ever check player's feedback here. (They don't even dare to annouce those changes publicly)

Anyway, is the AI regenerating "feature" still active? If so, I guess it's a good time for me to uninstall the game. :D

Unfortunately, AI tanks are still in T-1000 terminator mode unless you destroy them with a single blow.  The next discount sale should be in October, but if the Assault "bug" hasn't been fixed by then.  I will retire my Premium Account, which had been around for three years.  Because it's not worth paying for games that you can't enjoy and play

Edited by Bulletlife
Citation mistake
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal

• 1 month later...

It's been 90 years since this **** was first reported. The bug is still present. The players not so much. I saw another post about this which had a comment from a moderator from september 30th stating that the issue was already reported and so the thread was closed. You can find it here: 

Jesus I'm about to leave this game behind for good. This game mode is the only thing I play anymore and it's about to drive me away. T-72B stock heat just wanna grind my lil stock tank and find myself shooting T-95s with heat multiple times killing the crew like 4 times before I score an ammunition hit ya no thanks. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Was confirmed that these forums are gone over daily by mods, and sometimes by devs themselves.

That means the current status of this mode, all the issues and complaints, everything is well known to them.

That means we have to remove any possibility of communication error etc.

So now at least for me, this is where I can in good conscience, cease holding myself back from being upset with their now undeniably deliberate choices on the treatment of this game mode and it's players.

Gaijin.

what.  are.  you.  doing.

Two friends on mine recently left the game.  They didn't prefer the PvP deathmatchs, and left not only because this mode is broken by itself, but more because of the silence and apparent choice to not fix it from you.

They also spoke about the huge potential it has and originally were excited to get premium vehicles.  

Say something.

medal medal medal

Sadly the bot damage regeneration is compounded by amazingly inept teams. I am not saying that I expect everyone to be super skilled, but to drive out of the base square and find a good flanking spot for shooting the bots in the weaker side armor instead of the front armor is hardly rocket science.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Yeah I can't refute that aspect.

butbut... big blue square provides security.

mentally.

also huddling together as close as possible with other tanks even if it's at the top of the Mozdok spawn hill makes people feel safer in numbers or something.

my pet peeve:

The people that will not leave their spot even if it costs the team the game, be it first wave, or last wave... they found that spot and god himself couldn't move them.  **** everyone else and their time.  They're going to keep staring off where they thought tanks would spawn while their teammates die multiple times sacrificing themselves in an attempt to save the match.

Insult to injury knowing those people being in the match at all cause more AI to spawn, so double the pain for everyone else.

TLDR:  Less help with more enemies.

I finally started reporting people for inactivity.

Same with people that for example have 0 assists & kills with a negligible score 4+ waves into the match, so it's obvious they're not even trying.

Edited by Conflux59
medal medal medal

21 hours ago, qpranger said:

Sadly the bot damage regeneration is compounded by amazingly inept teams. I am not saying that I expect everyone to be super skilled, but to drive out of the base square and find a good flanking spot for shooting the bots in the weaker side armor instead of the front armor is hardly rocket science.

Except that you can only do that reliably during the early game, and if you die in the middle, you pretty much can't get to that flanking spot without dying another 4-5 times. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal

The truth is that when I started playing this game I really liked playing this game mode, but with the successive updates they ruined this game mode and made it unplayable.

Enemy tanks have perfect aim, when one shoots them, they fix themselves instantly while when one is shot, it takes at least 20 seconds to repair, and that never happens because they destroy you with the second shot.

When one regenerates all the enemy tanks shoot at you at the same time destroying you and making the same thing happen 3 or 4 times, losing many silver lions. Another problem is that they are always the same maps that never improve them or at least add new maps so that it is not so boring to always play on the same maps.

If you were lucky enough to be able to regenerate without an enemy tank destroying you instantly, an airplane comes and throws a bomb at you that destroys you after 5 seconds of being able to regenerate you, and that on the map of Japan always happens with the damn ME 262 or his name in Japanese (Kitsukas). 

It seems that the number of enemy tanks increased a lot, one does not suffice to eliminate them, it has become an impossible task to eliminate the heavy tanks, it is a disaster, generally it does not go beyond the third wave having great losses and very few gains.

I get the feeling that this is all designed to have big losses of silver lions and eliminate this great game mode in the future or force people to buy premium tanks.

it's really a shame and i think it won't change

I absolutely dread any match that is going to spawn bot Abrams you just can't kill them fast enough and have to hope to god helicopters can help you. I actually had a few victories today still my favorite game mode it's just really painful. Still gonna hold out hope that is gets the attention its desperately deserves...

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 1 month later...

Nothing has changed and most surely nothing will.  Assault is the dumbest daily there is for  a new player since he or she will get destroyed at every angle with their poor newbie tanks.  The INSANE rehealing of AI is impossible to deal with, their precision is INSANE, most of the time I LOSE silver than I gain during assault.

On 22/10/2020 at 01:56, qpranger said:

No one seems to hear this when it is said.  The base 'square' doesn't need anyone to stay inside it to 'defend' it.  Most of those guys are just bumping into each other, trying to get another shot at frontal armor.  As qpranger said, find a spot to flank and hit the oh so much more vulnerable side armor.  You can usually get OSK's one after another as fast as you can reload.  The AI aircraft usually need to be dealt with in order to win, so 1 guy in an SPAA can make a big difference.  Provided of course that he can actually hit the broad side of a barn.

Also, do some of you guys run without a mini map?  I ask this because time after time I see people killing targets outside of the perimeter while an enemy sits inside, draining the ticket until the game is lost.  Either they don't have the map up, they actually want to lose or they are beyond unbelievably stupid.  I'd like to believe they aren't using the mini map.

22 hours ago, V45Magna said:

Either they don't have the map up, they actually want to lose or they are beyond unbelievably stupid.  I'd like to believe they aren't using the mini map.

I'd like to believe those people don't spawn children someday.

I empathize with your post overall.

I tend to believe those people are simply too lazy to move their vehicles.  Yes, too lazy to hold the W key.  Why?  You see it often by others in the game that go to one side to flank or to a specific spot, but then never move even while AI is capping somewhere not near them, they sit in their spot while the team loses because it's too much effort to be bothered, while assuming someone else will probably take care of it.

Edited by Conflux59
medal medal medal