F8F-1B has(bugged?)steering in simulator battles (joystick)

Below 550km/h, the plane likes drifting in air and go up and down.(simulator)

When I join simulator battles, and pick the bearcat, take off and landing is fine for me. When in air, even trim can t hold it stable, Until I reach about 500km/h stability gets improved more and more by there, yet a so light pull in joystick can make the plane attract 8g's easily in 470km/h and lose all the energy. I mean devs, I find the joystick bugged for f8f-1b cuz it s too intent in compare with other unstable planes I flew like I16'S biplanes and early spitfires.

This plane requires super experienced pilots to fly it. Ground strike is much harder than intercepting, it goes up and down gradually. It only becomes possible to keep it stable for a while when going fast, I mean over 500km/h, or I will enjoy being inaccurate because of plane.

The only way to keep it stable in dogfights is to roll my planes 90 degrees left or right, and guess enemy's route

More explanation:

In dogfights:

i have to be lucky to hit my enemy and one hit kill him with the op 20mm of americans. It dogfights well, but it s harder to shoot down a stable enemy, because my plane loves going up and down if not making maneuvers.

In ground striking:

I have to put out my mind of ground striking if I m not going fast enough, I mean 500km/h, cuz the same issue, goes up and down again, and well pulling up lightly, sometimes I get into flat spin and I die.

Flat spin:

Sometimes, even in level flight, at least for me, I suddenly get to a flat spin and I drop off the sky. Undamaged, trying to keep the plane 100% stable (gently pulling joystick)

Intercepting:

Elther I will go fast, to keep my plane stable somehow (550km/h+) or I will have to be lucky and spend all my bullets to destroy 2 or 3 bombers, unlike all the horde if AI fighters don t shoot me down during bomber objective.

Take off, Landing:

It's still super unstable, but I have some experience with joystick and I manage landings and take offs, without believing to players saying landing and take offs are luck based (almost everyboudy).

Overall:

It's super unstable if I don't dive to get speed fast or go fast, and joystick is very intent,  many times more intent than other unstable fighters I flew like I16's series and early spitfire series (mk lIa, V variants)

Fun fact:

Hellcat F6F-5 is about the same the bearcat with different engine, and it's million times stable, in any speed. I tried lowering the throttle to bearcat and it was even more unstable

And Don't try to mention me <<your bug report has no enough proofs, is fake or else>>, this bug exists for almost 2 years, proofs:

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/429955-f8f-bearcat-next-one-hit-by-the-longitudal-instability-nerf-bat/

Edited by Doomdrone13
medal medal

Hi.

On 20/08/2020 at 14:02, Doomdrone13 said:

And Don't try to mention me <<your bug report has no enough proofs, is fake or else>>, this bug exists for almost 2 years, proofs:

Fun fact: your report isn't sufficient, you calling it first defensively or not.

Even funnier: Reading your link entirely, the whole topic is about how all these variations are actually mentioned explicitly in the manual.

The community agreed, 2 years ago, that the current instabilities are at least justified and to be expected, with or without this being intentional by the devs.

On 20/08/2020 at 14:02, Doomdrone13 said:

Hellcat F6F-5 is about the same the bearcat with different engine, and it's million times stable, in any speed

737-Max is a 737 with different engine. I think the life cost of this shortcut teaches us all how "the same but different" is very different.

So, Issue is feeling based, with documentation proving that it should be like this.

No issue, archived.

• Like 1